08-03-18 Before we get too excited

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Error of Logic

Re: 08-03-18 Before we get too excited

Post by Error of Logic »

Hmm. Would Roxie advise Chastel not to sign up, I wonder...

Quinlan1973

Post by Quinlan1973 »

As manipulative as Lynn is being, I'm getting the feeling that she's starting to like Didi for more than her body. :-?

Zellgato

Post by Zellgato »

Its weird that I enjoy Lynn so much. maybe because she's not subversive in her manipulations but straight up in your face about her aims and how she wants it to go down. Compared to ...more than afew other characters.
Kind of nice to have a straight towards the goal combat style

brasca

Post by brasca »

Cortez wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:41 am
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:15 am

(3) Lynn is definitely trying hard to create opportunities with DiDi, isn't she? "You can stay at my place..."
At the same time she settled for just a kiss on the cheek here. Saying that full on make out would be inappropriate at that point.
She got smacked in the face with one of DiDi’s breasts. No need to be greedy.

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

Yeah seriously is Didi's French getting worse lately or is it just reaching a breaking point? It's rather annoying, I mean context clues can only do so much.

Continuity

Post by Continuity »

Isn't the appropriate line here "Kiss me where it DOESN'T hurt"? Worked well for Indiana Jones. Just sayin'. :-=

cheshire86

Post by cheshire86 »

Valkog wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:05 pm
Quick, everyone pile on accusations of predatory, controlling behavior. Lynn has a libido. Shame her. Shame herrrr.
If I were to make a Ma3 Forum Bingo Card, "Character Shaming" would definitely be one of the spaces. Along with other gems like "Where's ____?", "I H8 RASSLIN", "Armchair Psychoanalysis" and "...but the art was cool".

And lately, I think I'd have a bingo in...oh, less than 5 posts. :D

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Quinlan1973 wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:00 pm
As manipulative as Lynn is being, I'm getting the feeling that she's starting to like Didi for more than her body. :-?
I'm on Lynn's side overall in her pursuit of getting intimate with Didi. But I still don't know if I would agree with your statement completely. Lynn hasn't really gotten to know Didi, even to the minimal level that formed the basis of Zii & Didi's relationship. Lynn is certainly giving Didi a lot, in order to help secure her trust/friendship/eventual love. But Lynn has not really seen (edit: a lot of) Didi's bad habits and characteristics, which I will not expound upon.

Lynn is looking for a knock-out female 'more-than-occasional-fuck-buddy' who is preferably athletic, and ideally is a wrestler who is in a camp/cadre (sorry I don't know the correct pro-wrestling term) as her so they can share more time together than apart. Perhaps this type of love affair might lead to something permanent? We don't know. There is a sort of Pygmalion angle that Lynn is following, sculpting Didi into the lover she is wanting to have. Lynn is taking her time, treating Didi right, and really restraining herself from acting out her fantasy. How can she not have strong feelings for Didi?
Error of Logic wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:54 pm
Maybe. Roxie's anger at Didi's luck and her own recent loss of Brandy might enter into it. We haven't heard Roxie cast shade at Annie Conda, or the evil boss for that matter. I do think Didi should have someone smarter than her (or legal counsel) review this 'contract' before signing. However that would just make sense and would sort of pollute the comedy/tragedy about to unfold.

It makes me wonder if the note left in Zii's crack from Maura about writing the Tempest's wrestling song will still come into play. Maybe Maura will visit Zii to check on the song's progress then tattle on Didi to Zii about Didi & Lynn becoming 'good' friends :wink wink:. Maura's competitive streak, and all that.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

cheshire86 wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:25 pm
If I were to make a Ma3 Forum Bingo Card, "Character Shaming" would definitely be one of the spaces. Along with other gems like "Where's ____?", "I H8 RASSLIN", "Armchair Psychoanalysis" and "...but the art was cool".
Amazing, isn't it, how a good number of the chaps here seem unable to write anything that doesn't fall into one of those five generic categories.

Kind of how Arthur Dent's repertory of utterances often seemed limited to "What?" and "I don't understand" and "Where's the tea?" Image
worldshaking00 wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:28 pm
There is a sort of Pygmalion angle that Lynn is following, sculpting Didi into the lover she is wanting to have.
If you think about it, this appears to happen a lot in the Giz-verse. Faith with Tiff, Cerise with Calli, Triana with Teddy, several girls with Ace, Dillon with whoever he's dating...

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt, and Pygmalion ain't just a midget panther, as they say. Yeah. :p

Double post merged. The DAMNed
Last edited by Vitocap on Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy »

Error of Logic wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:54 pm
I think so... IMO that's the most important sentence in Lynn's sales pitch: 'Don't mention this to Roxie until you've signed the contract!'
This sentence should have set off all the alarms in Didi's head... cuz, really, why keep it a secret from her friend & teacher who is coaching her in all things wrestling-related unless it's absolutely certain that she would say nay to it with very good reasons & arguments... right?

Roxie always said Didi is nowhere near ready to perform in the wrestling ring... she thinks Didi needs tons more training...
so of course she would oppose Didi going pro in WW3...
but Didi being Didi she wouldn't get it... sigh... don't ask Didi to add two and two and get four.....

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

That's what i'm thinking too. Roxie would try to advise her against going to the big leagues too soon.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

No matter what I may think about DiDi otherwise, that last panel is ANURABLE!!! :x :x :x

And not telling Roxy is the classical "teacher says go slow, teacher says not ready, but student wants instant fame, student seduced by the devil" trope. I'm sure TvTropes has that one under some name.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Well, it’s present in even stronger form with Marie in SotR, anyway.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

#-o

#-o #-o #-o

Urgh, my brain!

OF COURSE! I even had the rant about "go your way and the business will spit you out in six months!" in my head and could just not place it.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)