Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

08-03-18 Before we get too excited

Post by Giz »

Judanas

Re: 08-03-18 Before we get too excited

Post by Judanas »

I'm confused. Is this 'ethics' in the Pixie Trix universe?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

(1) If the comic is being consistent, the gag being set up will now involve DiDi's pathetic inability to keep a secret.

(2) So, DiDi can't speak five words of English without one of them being French, but she recognises non-universal bits of vernacular like "boo-boo"? (Okay, maybe that's universal in Canada; it isn't in the UK.)

(3) Lynn is definitely trying hard to create opportunities with DiDi, isn't she? "You can stay at my place..."
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

So, DiDi has resumed her prior state of being entirely oblivious of the influence her appearance has on others? I guess she did default back after seemingly realising it when she seduced Zii - although, she could've thought her subpar romantic spiel convinced her, rather than the blunt force of her appearance, and such ignorance is in her character.

Nice art, as their expressions seem genuine, even for the emotionally stunted DiDi.
"Boo-boo" seems a bit beneath Lynn, though, as she seems to want to carry an image of professionalism and control, even when she loses hold of both. Granted, she might be finding a brief form of *reward* or *release* from her barely controlled lust... Yet "boo-boo" still feels too juvenile for her vocabulary.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:15 am
(1) If the comic is being consistent, the gag being set up will now involve DiDi's pathetic inability to keep a secret.

(2) So, DiDi can't speak five words of English without one of them being French, but she recognises non-universal bits of vernacular like "boo-boo"? (Okay, maybe that's universal in Canada; it isn't in the UK.)

(3) Lynn is definitely trying hard to create opportunities with DiDi, isn't she? "You can stay at my place..."
1 does seem highly plausible. 2, well, I can't speak for Canada, but in US and some other Commonwealth countries, it is a relatively understood synonym for injury - though, mainly with parents and their very young children.

3 reinforces my notion that Lynn is a rather sleazy person with **actively arousal-seeking** inclinations by ensnaring her target in a place that she has control over, the latter goes along with her snake motif/shtick. Although, saying DiDi can cohabitate with her seems like a clumsy move on Lynn's part, as she had previously ditched subterfuge and was being blatant about wanting DiDi; I suppose it could be interpreted that her lust for DiDi has increased exponentially, thus is seeking for every possible opportunity for seduction.

****I'm sorry for awkward phrasing. I don't want to get into any more arguments with others because of disagreements about definitions.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Spidrift wrote:

At the same time she settled for just a kiss on the cheek here. Saying that full on make out would be inappropriate at that point.

Chantaru

Post by Chantaru »

Spidrift wrote:

Actually, Franglish is the law of the land and doesn't denote a lack of ability. The most unrealistic part of this comic, language-wise, is that she's the only one doing it ( for the sake of being understood by people outside of Quebec and NB, I guess.) And now I kinda think I want to see a version translated to chiac.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:19 am
So, DiDi has resumed her prior state of being entirely oblivious of the influence her appearance has on others?
DiDi's understanding of the effect of her looks and general sex appeal has always been inconsistently drawn. Mostly she's blissfully innocent about the whole thing, to the point of rubbing her body against Zii after Zii explained the damn problem -- but she noticed that her little black dress had the same effect on Sandra as it did on men, and she used her boobs to scramble Kiley's brain.

It's tempting to guess that she doesn't have an integrated consciousness at all, just a bunch of unconnected learned responses and associations. But actually, I think that the point is that DiDi isn't a real character at all, just a comedy construction. I mean, sure, the same goes for everyone in this comic, and they're all crazily comedic, but if someone said they knew someone "just like" Gary or Zii, I'd believe them -- socially inept geeks and irresponsible but charismatic party animals really exist. DiDi, though, is just a bunch of gags and punchlines; expecting her to be consistent is a mug's game.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

TheFoolishOne

Post by TheFoolishOne »

Darn, its my old Nemesis... Towels :(

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

Quick, everyone pile on accusations of predatory, controlling behavior. Lynn has a libido. Shame her. Shame herrrr.
**== **== **== **==

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Nah, just one person keeps describing her as a crab-faced alien who collects skulls as trophies. The rest of us are chill.
---------
Spidrift

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

Shouldn't it be a "boob-oo?" Considering how she got it?
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

dmra

Post by dmra »

I just took "kiss my boo boo" as being a way to get closer to Didi without being unprofessional. Depending on tone of voice it might either be flirty or innocently child like. Didi is happy, Lynn gets a kiss (only on the cheek but she seems cheerful enough) and nobody could possibly object.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Raamyah wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:44 pm
Shouldn't it be a "boob-oo?" Considering how she got it?
=)) Well done.

Who will Didi tell first? Logically she should tell ZIi. I mean, they are supposed to be in a relationship now. One that Lynn just told her might place a strain on their relationship... one that having an open sexual relationship might work well with. I wonder if she's even going to remember.

I imagine Roxie & Maura would be more than a little miffed at Didi getting to rocket past them, career-wise. The plot thickens.

I'd guess that the WW3's headquarters is not in Montreal, hence one of the reasons Lynn is offering Didi to use her place. She is still setting herself up to being Didi's one and only friend in this big new wrestling experience; which while sketchy, Lynn is still letting Didi make the choices.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Maura maybe, but Roxie objections would be more about her role as DiDi's trainer/teacher.

After all, she's still rather green. Jumping straight to the WW3 is skipping several steps. In fact, i think her upcoming tag match with Roxie is her first match ever.

Or at least the first one we've heard about.