MoonshadowDark

Re: 06-03-18 Might be working together

Post by MoonshadowDark »

BOOB SLAP!

Rosa
BANNED

Post by Rosa »

I've just finished reading Eerie Cuties and I must say this strip is eerily Eerie-Cuties-like. These characters in this strip are Chloe and Brooke rather than Didi and Lynn, especially in the last two panels. I would half expect Lynn/Brooke to leave the showers with a headful of doubts about her own sexuality and trying to persuade herself that she likes boys and not Didi/Chloe or Mikayla/Layla.
('cept of course Lynn is a confident lesbian who knows herself well, so it won't happen, but damn, how Brooke-like is she looking!)

I love how this development of the story, Didi's wrestling career, brought all these characters from EC into Ma3. I really hope we will see more of them in the coming strips. More Gwynn and Night Sisters and Twin Magic and even Dio. There's so much potential for humor! This is a gold vein that should be mined. B-)
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Spidrift wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:57 pm
Well, that’d be subtle.

(Is it just me, or is do most people reckon that “knockers” is about the most ... demeaning ... of all slang terms for breasts?)
How about hooters, melons, honkers, cans or jugs...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I am not defending Lynn for trying to get into Didi's bed. There is no doubt that she is taken with her. I'm not even saying that she is being selfish herself. But I will posit that she is actually treating Didi like a real person instead of a lust object. There is something genuine there that no one (apart from Kiley, and even then very clinically) has done for her. Lynn might be predatory in some of her actions, but then she elevates/illuminates Didi with good advice & a potential job offer. This is not a winner/loser scenario, with Lynn winning if Didi loses by succumbing to Lynn's advances. They both can win. Lynn can raise up Didi and put her on the path to being a better* human being. Then Didi can give herself to Lynn fully and Lynn can enjoy the fruits of her pursuit... maybe even gaining a life partner out of it if she doesn't bore of Didi's other difficulties.

Didi obviously wants to be a wrestling star, so Lynn is using excellent bait. And I'll agree, she is taking advantage of Didi's weakness here. Instant karma might give Lynn a black eye for it. I seem to recall making a prediction that Didi's signature maneuver would be a smothering maneuver, although the "smap" might be in her arsenal as well. I am sure that "the boss" will have plenty of suggestions... the fans too. I foresee a space age technology series of bras & pasties being required by the WW3's insurance & HR reps.

Lynn could be being very duplicitous with Didi, or she could be actually trying to be nice to her with the intention of raising her up (and getting Didi's gratitude & sex as a reward). Was Lynn blushing in Panel 1 due to being embarrassed at her own reaction to seeing naked Didi? Or, was she blushing because she really is crushing on her? Maybe even both. Many - if not most - of Didi's paramours have pawed all over her I am sure, treating her like an object. Showing Didi that she is willing to put her own desires to the side, until Didi is ready to accept them, is a mature and respectful behavior from Lynn... or tactic if 'behavior' sits wrong with your interpretation of the strip.

I can see some foreshadowing come to play soon, though. Should Lynn & Didi become lovers, the threat of them keeping their wrestling identities sacred might imperil their actual love affair (q.v. Brandy & Roxie). Or what if Didi's rise to fame overshadows that of Annie Conda? Resentment indeed or a heel turn in real life? So many possibilities and so little time.

(*better being a very subjective term; and whether wrestlers count as humans can be up for debate in some circles... =)) )
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Russ Meyer rides again...
rakedan wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:03 am
What are those buns made of? That's kinda scary.
Fatty tissue. It can get heavy.

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

It wasn't in the shower, but I had the same thing happen to me. That's why I prefer nothing larger than a B cup these days.
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Lynn's ability to control herself around DiDi is incredible. Anyone else would probably be glued to her breasts by this point, either with their eyes or their entire body.
Spidrift wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:34 am
Oh. A wrestling joke.

(I actually look forward more to SotR updates than to Ma3 these days. It's not as rich as Ma3-at-its-best, and it's frequently silly, but it's not locked into side plots that do nothing for me.)
samtheman wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:48 am
Quick, throw in some badly censored fanservice! And I agree with Spidrift, Sandra's comic is more interesting and entertaining to me these days as well. It's probably going to be midsummer before we finally get away from dumbass Didi and the dumbass wrestling story arc.
Funny you guys should say those things, because I was just thinking about how much I prefer this strip, despite it not catering to my interests much and not being this comic's best work by any means, and how much I didn't give a monkey's bum about what's going on in SotR in the last couple of strips. Irony! What can I say, not everyone dislikes DiDi vehemently.

That said, I'm really hoping all of this is building up to DiDi gaining some new dimensions. I can tell it's building up to something, but a part of me is nervous she'll just get distracted from that path by something sexual. That or the writers will abandon this line of thought partway through for yet another plot point to revisit and we'll only hear about it in twenty strips or so, by which point many people will have stopped caring.

(Edit: On reflection, what I said wasn't 100% correct. Corrected.)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

It’s not actually about disliking DiDi. It’s not entirely about disliking the wrestling stuff, though that’s nearer to the mark. I was actually somewhat interested in the traces of character development for DiDi, which, yep, look like they might even be working towards some kind of semi-satisfactory closure for her. But any movement on that front is clearly likely to be interrupted at any moment by a boob gag or a wrestling reference — and that’s what we got today. It’s hard to enjoy an actual plot when the incidentals and jokes surrounding it are so uninteresting to oneself. (Of course, if DiDi was less annoying, it might be easier, but whatevs.)

SotR is frequently silly and is overloaded with too many characters and dangerously similar plots. But the jokes are at least a little bit fresh, the sexy stuff is quite sexy, and the characters aren’t actively annoying. Reading that reminds me how Ma3 can be when it’s good.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Continuity

Post by Continuity »

That battleship has 44" guns up front. Lynn just got shelled.

Darkflame173

Post by Darkflame173 »

I admit it, I LOL'ed on this one :) The negativity bothers me a bit, I really enjoy the wrestling arc, but then I enjoy wrestling, so finding two of my hobbies in one place is enjoyable to me.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:12 am

On another note, my assertion that Lynn is a predator seems to be strongly reinforced here,
Not really. If anything, it seems like you don't know what that term means. Especially since Lynn is being straightforward here.

Lynn is isn't a sexual predator, she's a player at best. That's the term you're looking for.

Alex_84

Post by Alex_84 »

Its sad that folks seem to have turned on the comic somewhat so close to the end. I admit I miss the main characters but I suppose after so many years Giz wanted to move the comic into areas that interested her more.

Having said that, I mostly come here for the cute/sexy art :P

Double post merged. The DAMNed

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Alex_84 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:36 am
Its sad that folks seem to have turned on the comic somewhat so close to the end. I admit I miss the main characters but I suppose after so many years Giz wanted to move the comic into areas that interested her more.
Wanting to move the comic into new areas is fine. It might or might not work, but whatever — artistic choice. Wanting to wrap the comic up is also fine — it’s sad, but all good things must come to an end and all that.

Doing both at once is probably a creative error.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Alex_84

Post by Alex_84 »

Yeah I can see that. Would seem more logical to focus on wrapping up the main three - Zii, Gary and Didi, and start another comic about wrestlers if that was what now interest the team.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I think that part of the problem was that the only way to wrap DiDi's character story up at all satisfactorily was to bring in some new characters. There was no way she could achieve real closure using just the existing cast. Making quite such a meal of the necessary new characters, on the other hand, may not have been necessary.
---------
Spidrift