Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:13 pm
Who's getting into who's head here?
Wrong organ.

worldshaking00

Re: 03-03-18 Playing it cool

Post by worldshaking00 »

Error of Logic wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:00 pm
But what I find interesting is that Chastel is addressing someone she just wrestled with and is allowing to see her fully naked so formally; 'votre' instead of 'ton'.
Maybe for Didi, this is 'business as usual' with 'one of the girls' still? Formal indeed, but she is also a better wrestler than her by leaps and bounds. Cross cultural sempai/kohai relationship sign of respect?

Or maybe she is using the formal verbiage to subtly remind Lynn that while yes, they are showering naked together after a wrestling practice, that they are still pretty much strangers (albeit one of whom finds the other sexy-as-F!). Didi could have kept her mouth closed and just kept showering; she's being polite & friendly. Didi probably can't help herself but to inquire to make conversation. We'd have probably seen the same reaction on Lynn's face at our Amazon Aphrodite lathering herself while remaining silent.

Also remember, Didi doesn't have much of an issue in revealing her body to varitable strangers. Combine that with the fact that they both usually do this very act after a practice session. It isn't out of the ordinary, on face value. The fact that Lynn announced to Didi that she wants to have sex with her makes it more interesting; but then, who doesn't want to bang Didi? She's used to the attention.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Well, Kiley objected to it. Shame Chastel steamrolled right over that...

That said, I like your analysis.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Kiley objected to breasts/cleavage (covered or nude), primarily, and that Didi was weaponizing her cleavage to get her way in an argument. Kiley forced herself into Didi's bosom in order to try to overcome her own insecurities... sort of how a person with a phobia of needles gives blood in order to get used to the act of getting jabbed.

Didi is thick and selfish, but not necessarily malicious. She tries to give her lovers what they want, or over-give because she doesn't know how to communicate effectively by means other than her flounce (and bomb-cake). In Kiley's case, Didi rightly observed that Kiley was fixated on Didi's cleavage. Who of Didi's lovers hasn't been, really? In Didi's defense, her reaction to giving Kiley more of herself (her breasts) was reasonable... especially when one considers that Didi did not really fathom that Kiley & Didi's 'relationship' was supposed to be therapeutic and not romantic.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

The "Didi Effect" joke/gag/plot device became old and stale a long time ago. BTW, the comic has been focused on Didi and the wrestling since late December and now it's March so...yeah.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Spidrift wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:57 pm
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:42 am
It seems as though Lynn isn't as immune to the "DiDi effect" as we had thought...
I don't think that anyone said she was immune. That, in the setting, appears to require being made of stone. She's highly resistant, but everyone has limits.
Worldshaking00 said it...
worldshaking00 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:08 pm
Another interesting point to bring up is that Lynn also seems to be mostly immune to the Didi effect.
To be fair "mostly inmune" is not the same as "inmune".
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

brasca

Post by brasca »

gormadoc wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:18 pm
We've seen it before; it's supposed to be the Imperial March.
The bigger question is who is on the other end of the phone. I'm almost positive it's another Eerie Cuties/Magick Chicks doppleganger. My money is on Faith.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Or Blair. It sounds like this boss character could be a real sleaze as opposed to just into girls.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

rogermart wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:36 am
To be fair "mostly inmune" is not the same as "inmune".
No, it isn’t. In this case, “mostly immune” just means unusually cool and controlled; “immune” means completely sexless and possibly dead (or Jung).
brasca wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:49 am
The bigger question is who is on the other end of the phone. I'm almost positive it's another Eerie Cuties/Magick Chicks doppleganger. My money is on Faith.
We may never see, and I rather hope not. G&D seem to like the “faceless scary boss” gag — see also the software house in SotR — and it does work. And it’s better than some anticlimactic reveal of another pointless EC expy, oh yay how exciting.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Spidrift wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:57 pm
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:42 am
It seems as though Lynn isn't as immune to the "DiDi effect" as we had thought...
I don't think that anyone said she was immune. That, in the setting, appears to require being made of stone. She's highly resistant, but everyone has limits.
Okay, "immune" was a poor choice of words, and resistant would have been and is more fitting.

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

samtheman wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:51 am
And the creators continue to draw out this "will they or won't they" subplot between these two unlikable characters. Ruby's return in SDB (and Kiley's return in this comic for that matter) better be worth this very long wait.
You know, SDB will most likely be wrapped up in five strips. Dillon has made up with whatshisname, Angel won't miss him because she has Richie, Amber got a steady bf, Ruby just needs to dump Andy and decide to focus on work from now on and that's it: comic over, The End. Actually, make it more like three strips.

As for Kiley, all her story arcs with every other member of the cast (romance, sex, therapies, whatever) have successfully concluded. She has gone back to her previous life, her studies and her college pals, presumably never to return. But, hey, who cares, right? You have Naomi, Prudy and Kimmy in DC to comfort yourself. :p
HappyFriar wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:48 pm
Still amused with how this comic portrays WWE style wrestling like there's any honest struggle involved, though.
???

I'm not sure what you mean. Wrestling matches in WW3 are as fake as in WWE and nobody ever claimed otherwise (except for kayfabe's sake). Here, example:

Of course, to fake the moves, first you need to know the moves. Wrestlers need to train and practice on a regular basis -- and that's what Lynn and DiDi were doing before hitting the showers.

Double post merged. The DAMNed
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Rosa
BANNED

Post by Rosa »

Vitocap wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:28 pm
You know, SDB will most likely be wrapped up in five strips. Dillon has made up with whatshisname, Angel won't miss him because she has Richie, Amber got a steady bf, Ruby just needs to dump Andy and decide to focus on work from now on and that's it: comic over, The End. Actually, make it more like three strips.

As for Kiley, all her story arcs with every other member of the cast (romance, sex, therapies, whatever) have successfully concluded. She has gone back to her previous life, her studies and her college pals, presumably never to return. But, hey, who cares, right? You have Naomi, Prudy and Kimmy in DC to comfort yourself. :p
I think you are right about Kiley. I know she has lots of fans, but she's not a central character and has no reason to stick around after she finished treating (and in some cases broke up with) Didi, Matt, Yuki and Sonya. Unlike them, she's not part of the main gang.

I am currently reading MC after having finished EC, so I don't know yet who those other characters are. But I'll come to them in time.
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Talking about the ringtone:

My take on the Imperial March is: "dun-dun-dun, dun-DA-dun dun-DA-dun"

So i don't know if this "dun-dun-dun, dun-dun-dun-DA-dun-dun-dun..." is supposed to be the original Imperial March or a song based on it (like in the prequel trilogy or the sequel trilogy) or the Robot Chicken version or a DJ-Remix, but it has to be something like that since the first time we saw it it had Darth Vader's pic.

Anyway, instead of a Star Wars song i would have chosen hands down No Chance In Hell...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

... Aaand that's the sound of Lynn's oestrogen achieving escape velocity.
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Wow, now Lynn is producing her own censorship steam.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)