Site Admin

01-03-17 Leave that choice to you

Post by Giz »

worldshaking00

Re: 01-03-17 Leave that choice to you

Post by worldshaking00 »

Nailed it.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

SailorDh

Post by SailorDh »

Looks like Zii finally going to see what it's like to be cheated on.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

*Ding ding ding* Whomever predicted that Lynn would segue into wrestling advice as a means of further seduction, you've guessed accurately.
Give Lynn points for honesty, at least, in regards to being up front with DiDi, instead of continuing the facade of being helpful yet hiding ulterior motives, she outright states her desires to screw DiDi while also not putting pressure and offering wrestling tips. Lynn still managed to fall into her usual sleaze at the end though, but I suppose that is to be expected.
With Lynn, her openness feels ironically dishonest: it seems like a part of ploy all designed to bed DiDi - Lynn has analysed her target's mentality, thus discovered the optimal route to root is to be direct; she is using the truth as she realises that it is the best way to take control of the target's weak mind and ridiculously fickle heart.

DiDi noting her "many, many, many" sexual partners, most of whom failed to satisfy her, creates an odd dilemma - none of them treated her like a person as they were either in awe of her assets or driven by ego, however, on the counterpoint, DiDi never treated any of them like people either; all of her various failed partners were not even *worthy* to have their names remembered, as DiDi's pursuit of the orgasm superseded the simplest human acknowledgement.
So, what is the audience investment? DiDi is a vapid hedonist in a hollow relationship with a cunning hedonist, who are incapable of basic communication needed for a functional couple; Zii and DiDi aren't an actual couple, they are friends with benefits, if we're being generous - neither of them have genuine emotional attachment, which their lusts have driven them to believe that they have, so the sooner it dissolves, the better.
Therefore, I suppose, we are left with simply watching the nature documentary of the predatory snake's enclosing grasp around the busty dodo.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yes, curse that sneaky devious Lynn, with her complete honesty and clarity about her intentions and desires!

The fact that she looks at all bad here is a function of the comic's history, of course; the cast are usually too stupid to understand their own motivations, and too socially incompetent to express themselves clearly even when they aren't trying deviously to manipulate each other, so that when Lynn comes along and says what she means and what she wants, and gives the other person a completely free choice about how they respond, she looks like some kind of monstrous intelligence, vast and cool and unsympathetic.

Who are we "supposed" to "like" here? As ever, that's entirely up to us. (The writers are behaving like Lynn in that respect.) Personally, I like Lynn, but hey, if you find honesty and clarity a turn-off, whatevs. This is a comedy, which means it's a story about flawed people making screw-ups -- and it's a sex comedy, which means that their chief motivating emotion tends to be lust. If they were better (imaginary) people, it'd not be Ma3, and it'd not be as much fun. The trick is to go with the flow and not be sanctimonious or judgmental.

And for the record, yes, worldshaking00 predicted that this might be Lynn's next move, with a view to long-term seduction. And as I noted in that thread, I'm not even sure that the seduction will be long-term; DiDi is a simple-minded creature who's gone three whole days without getting her rocks off, and this is a four-panel comic strip, so the plot tends to motor along a bit when the writers are getting it right.

Anyhow, it looks like DiDi is about to go upstairs to see Lynn's etchings.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Didi! You've had the personal realization *twice* now that you need emotional connection with a person to experience l'orgasme. Why are you even considering this?
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

What she’s considering is a practice session with a top-flight professional in her field. Yes, what she’s provably going to get, is laid — or rather, a revelation of where her true emotional commitment lies (as Kiley tried to tell her before now), probably leading her to review her life choices (and get laid). But that’s not what she expects, because she has the self-awareness of a plank.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

tomlouie

Post by tomlouie »

> "You're a knockout, and I'd like to sleep with you."

How likely does a line like that work in real-life? Err, asking for a friend.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

I recall when Lynn was saying to her pet snake that Didi may be okay with a move she makes in bed since she has a muscular body... Lynn may use a wrestling version of that move to turn Didi on...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:11 am
Lynn still managed to fall into her usual sleaze at the end though, but I suppose that is to be expected.
Being honest and up front makes her a sleaze? I don't think the word mean what you think it means.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

tomlouie wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:07 pm
> "You're a knockout, and I'd like to sleep with you."

How likely does a line like that work in real-life? Err, asking for a friend.
I haven’t tested it, but I suspect that if you walked up to a girl at a party and tried it, it wouldn’t work so well. At all. However, if you used it as part of a well-organised campaign of honesty and sympathetic listening, as Lynn does here, it might just work as well as it does for Lynn — i.e. it won’t get the target into bed in itself, but it will set you up nicely for a “No tricks, but if you want this...” finishing move later.
---------
Spidrift

Antinerd

Post by Antinerd »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:58 am
Nailed it.
Yeah she made her move a lot better than I thought she would.

leftturnonly

Post by leftturnonly »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:58 am
Nailed it.
And Didi isn't getting out of that board anytime soon

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:44 pm
What she’s considering is a practice session with a top-flight professional in her field. Yes, what she’s provably going to get, is laid — or rather, a revelation of where her true emotional commitment lies (as Kiley tried to tell her before now), probably leading her to review her life choices (and get laid). But that’s not what she expects, because she has the self-awareness of a plank.
I disagree. Her blush line in the final panel deepens, she’s definitely thinking about more than wrestling.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

Yeah but consider this: Lynn also talked about other things, which makes that nothing more than a distraction, so she could flirt with DiDi. And as we all know, flirting and openly propositioning someone are just sneaky ways of bedding them.
**== **== **== **==