27-02-18 Someone who can be there

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

rogermart

Re: 27-02-18 Someone who can be there

Post by rogermart »

I'm more convinced than ever that this will be Didi's endgame... Getting hired in the WW3, breaking up with Zii, moving out of the apartment, open (or more) relationship with Lynn...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

I've never been able to read DiDi's dialogue without imagining a really bad, whispery falsetto voice. Her bizarre manner of speaking is really off-putting.
**== **== **== **==

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:53 am
TBH, I think that whatever happens with Didi will determine several other characters' "happy places" the creative team will end them at. While it isn't my favorite mega-arc of the series, Didi is a pivotal character. Wrestling might very well be her exit strategy or her final chance to seek love (monogamously or polyamorously) with Zii by growing a conscience/growing up. The plot is just using "turnbuckles" and "tap outs" to get us there.

Personally, I am most curious to see where Kiley, Peggy, and Yuki end up in relation to Gary. And if Zii and Gary ever actually get it on (even if ever only once).
"Happy places" for these characters is going to be subjective and open to interpretation. Because of that, some of the "happy places" for some of the characters will be satisfactory for some readers while dis-satisfactory for other readers. For that reason, the creative team are probably trying to pin down "happy places" for the characters that will satisfy the majority of the readership so they'll be inclined to read their next webcomic.

As for where Kiley, Peggy, and Yuki end up in relation to Gary just remember they'll probably end up somewhere that is satisfactory for the (silent) majority of readers.

And is the forum lagging for anyone else while trying to type a message? I'm getting a 3-5 second delay for when I type to when it appears onscreen. It's really annoying.

OldBrit

Post by OldBrit »

No lag for me.
That should be all happening in your browser/keyboard driver, with nothing going to the forum until you click Submit.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Not to be mean, @samtheman, but our enjoyment of what is considered a "happy place" is probably meant for the character... not what us readers want for a happy place. While some authors should do some catering to their fan base, there is plenty of evidence where authors have deviated from such because they thought it told a better story. There might be some grumbling, or rage-quiting; but if it tells a good story, that's what we get. At least, that's how I read Giz's comment about the characters' "Happy places".
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Rosa
BANNED

Post by Rosa »

Still no answer... :-(
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

Like I say in my sig: DEAD FORUM.
You might meet with better luck if you try your questions in the C-verse forum. They still have plenty o' fire and passion in the threads over there. In this forum, the best you'll find is the occasional troll stirring flames -- and that once in a blue moon.

Anyway, as for your questions before, my own personal take is: yes, Damian clearly is a 30-something Kade, and no, Annette doesn't particularly resemble any main character from C-verse.
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Anette is heart-meltingly cute!!! :x :x :x
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)