20-02-18 Six months ago

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Re: 20-02-18 Six months ago

Post by Azrael »

So, does that make Gary Bud or Kelly? :-?
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy »

I think we need an intervention... quickly, someone call Amber Rose and Chanelle Numberfive (or is it Numbernine? I can't remember...) and tell them to come on the double, with Bambi, Mandy and the rest of the gang... tell them they must work their magic on Zii until she reaches epiphany & realizes that her libido is not to blame & that choosing Thanatos over Eros is a bad thing.......

heck, since we are at it, call the danseuses nues from Chez Parée, too... 's been WAY too long since the last time we saw them......

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Azrael wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:39 pm
So, does that make Gary Bud or Kelly? :-?
Right now ... Steve or Jefferson. :D

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

That would imply that Peggy is Marcy. :| HERETIC! BURN THE WITCH! :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Marcy used to be a decent egg, before she got worn down by Bundification and Steve's breakdown.

A different parallel between her and Peggy is that they're both hardworking women with a good income, who have somewhat unconventional sexual preferences.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

By the way, I’m suddenly feeling sorry for Izz. She’s a naive teenager, just trying to fit in with someone she obsessively admires, and suddenly she has a bucket full of traumatic character development tipped all over her.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

I did enjoy that first panel Married... with Children reference; even if it wasn't entirely an accurate comparison*, however, in DiDi's ever-delusional mind, it does seem fitting.

Zii's speech about how her lust ruins everything is certainly a welcome acknowledgment from her; although, I wonder if she actually believes it as strongly as she seems? She is, after all, desperately trying to avoid a likely damaging affair with a barely legal girl, who is either naïve or stupid enough to want sex "to strengthen the band" (granted, perhaps she is simply using it as fib to bed her idol).
Zii's supposed epiphany rings a bit hollow, since her current, fragile excuse of a relationship was created because she followed her libido yet again; so, she does seem to realise her critical flaw, but maybe chooses to ignore the more recent hook up? Nevertheless, if she understands and believes her own comments on how she was a libido-driven nympho, then it is more substantial growth than she has ever been capable of before, thus a nice change.

DiDi continues her streak of being as impulsive as she is foolish, since if she valued her stupid relationship so much, then she would enter the room to ask to speak alone with Zii, so they could actually talk about their issues (like she set out to do in the first place), rather than hear half of a conversation, make an assumption, then leave... into the waiting grip of a temptation-providing snake. It seemed as though Lynn was playing the long game, but is surprised to see her machinations could follow a much shorter time line.

Lynn mentally noting that she is a "threat" to DiDi's relationship with Zii - which is a far weaker relationship than she might currently understand - doesn't particularly mean she thinks of herself as the "bad guy." Her expression doesn't suggest guilt either, but rather a smug amusement.

*(Peg was frequently horny and left unsatisfied, but she tried different methods of seduction, while DiDi evidently lacks the intelligence to do anything beyond using her physical assets; Al was a hard-working, if simultaneously lazy, guy who would prefer relaxing to sex - quite the opposite of Zii)

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Maybe the "relationships I didn't really care for" comment is applicable to her opinion on her recent relationship too, the time skip makes it hard to figure out.

As for DiDi, I don't know if it works this way for you, but if I heard my girlfriend say something to the effect of "I don't like sex anymore and have no interest in having it in the future", I would be shocked, and need some time to formulate my thoughts and what I would even say to her to discuss the matter. Maybe she was just going to get some air, and do exactly that, given that she's surprised to see Lynn is still here. Until the next strip drops we won't know for sure.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Azrael wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:30 pm
That would imply that Peggy is Marcy. :| HERETIC! BURN THE WITCH! :p
Kiley seems more like Marcy than Peggy which would make Matt Jefferson.

And in this kinky alternate universe Didi-Peggy has slept with both. :-??

Platonix

Post by Platonix »

Oh, wow. I was actually right when I predicted Didi getting the "STAB" panel long ago.

Of course, I also cast doubt on my own prediction in the same post, IIRC, so only half a cookie at most.

Ophelianime

Post by Ophelianime »

Ok, think that there's enough blame to go around here, and even Izz derserves some, for trying to bed someone she knows is already in a relationship. In a way, she is doing what Lynn is doing (albeit to a more "innocent extent) which is subverting a relationship. In fact, I'd say that spurring this conversation with Zii has caused more damage than Lynn's comments, even if her intentions were a little more "pure." (for lack of a better word)
As for Didi and Zii, there is a major disconnect going on that can be attributed to both of them. For starters, Didi needs to clue in that there's more to a relationship than constant sexual gratification. And as for Zii, well it was wrong of her to just suddenly cut off sex cold turkey without even explaining to her partner what was going on, so of course Didi is confused. If these two are ever going to make this "relationship" work, then they need to get their heads out of their asses and start communicating.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

The fact that Zii cut off sex cold turkey should have prompted Didi to ask what was wrong after a few days of no action. Instead, she stayed silent and acted as a sympathetic lover giving Zii some space. It's hardly Zii's fault that Didi is misleading her into thinking she (Didi) understands why Zii isn't in the mood for sexy times. Long and short of it, Didi is treating Zii like every other lover she's had - pretending things are just fine, all the while whining about it to anyone else who'll listen.
LegendaryKroc wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:49 pm
Maybe she was just going to get some air, and do exactly that, given that she's surprised to see Lynn is still here. Until the next strip drops we won't know for sure.
True. But, keep in mind, this is Didi we're talking about; someone who thinks her relationship with Zii is in danger because Zii hasn't serviced her in three days - and just heard Zii say she doesn't like sex, anymore.

I'd honestly be shocked if Didi isn't getting rebound sex from Lynn by Saturday's strip.
Antinerd wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:15 pm
Quinlan1973 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:59 pm
Ouch. Zii may be speaking the truth regarding her own feelings but it is unfortunate that Didi has to hear it so bluntly.
Actually the only real sad part about it is that Zii couldn't tell Didi directly about her concerns. And vice versa.
Do you honestly think Didi would have understood that Zii blames herself for her band breaking up over the fact that Zii held Didi's (as well as her own) lust as a higher priority then practicing with her band? Because, I don't think Didi would have cared (she'd probably feign sympathy, at first, only to offer sexy times as a means to ease the pain shortly thereafter).
For Didi's part she is much better getting the band-aid ripped off so the scab can fall off and the cut healed. How would you feel going six months thinking you were attractive and satisfying to your partner and then find out your partner was bored with you all that time?
But, it hasn't been six months; it's only been three days! And Zii asking for a break isn't the end of the world, or that she's lost interest in Didi. Didi just sees it that way because, in her bubble brained view of reality, a relationship without daily orgasms are doomed to fail.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Ophelianime wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:04 pm
Ok, think that there's enough blame to go around here, and even Izz derserves some, for trying to bed someone she knows is already in a relationship.
It's not at all clear how much Izz knows about Zii's relationship with DiDi. We've not seen her present at any relevant conversations, and it's clear that Zii hadn't said much about it off-screen, because Yuki didn't know until Sonya hit her with the news. What does seem to have happened is that Izz picked up a pretty good picture of Zii's usual past behaviour (screwing anything cute, band-mates definitely included) from earlier conversations with Yuki and Sonya in the rehearsal room. Also, she may have noticed Zii responding quite positively to her flirtations in the past. If that's all she's got to work on, she's actually acting logically here, after her fashion.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:56 pm
I did enjoy that first panel Married... with Children reference; even if it wasn't entirely an accurate comparison*, however, in DiDi's ever-delusional mind, it does seem fitting.

Zii's speech about how her lust ruins everything is certainly a welcome acknowledgment from her; although, I wonder if she actually believes it as strongly as she seems? She is, after all, desperately trying to avoid a likely damaging affair with a barely legal girl, who is either naïve or stupid enough to want sex "to strengthen the band" (granted, perhaps she is simply using it as fib to bed her idol).
Zii's supposed epiphany rings a bit hollow, since her current, fragile excuse of a relationship was created because she followed her libido yet again; so, she does seem to realise her critical flaw, but maybe chooses to ignore the more recent hook up? Nevertheless, if she understands and believes her own comments on how she was a libido-driven nympho, then it is more substantial growth than she has ever been capable of before, thus a nice change.

DiDi continues her streak of being as impulsive as she is foolish, since if she valued her stupid relationship so much, then she would enter the room to ask to speak alone with Zii, so they could actually talk about their issues (like she set out to do in the first place), rather than hear half of a conversation, make an assumption, then leave... into the waiting grip of a temptation-providing snake. It seemed as though Lynn was playing the long game, but is surprised to see her machinations could follow a much shorter time line.

Lynn mentally noting that she is a "threat" to DiDi's relationship with Zii - which is a far weaker relationship than she might currently understand - doesn't particularly mean she thinks of herself as the "bad guy." Her expression doesn't suggest guilt either, but rather a smug amusement.

*(Peg was frequently horny and left unsatisfied, but she tried different methods of seduction, while DiDi evidently lacks the intelligence to do anything beyond using her physical assets; Al was a hard-working, if simultaneously lazy, guy who would prefer relaxing to sex - quite the opposite of Zii)
I'm actually a bit confused here. Isn't Izz 19 and Zii 24? Do you say barely legal relationship, when it's a 16 and 17? 18 and 21? That statement is just confusing. :p

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

In Canada the age of consent is 16, with 2 close-in-age exceptions:

12-13: Can consent to a person up to 2 years older.
14-15: Can consent to a person up to 5 years older.

Izz is 19 which means she is 3 years older than the age of consent, so its completely legal.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...