Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

20-02-18 Six months ago

Post by Giz »

Hogan

Re: 20-02-18 Six months ago

Post by Hogan »

... if this is not an gold-encrusted Al Bundy reference I don't know what would be!! :D

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Great job at keeping the communication lines open, Didi! You sure had that 'heart to heart' with Zii to figure out what the problem is and how to make your relationship work around it. Way to put your relationship ahead of your own selfish needs! 8-|
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Hogan wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:36 am
... if this is not an gold-encrusted Al Bundy reference I don't know what would be!! :D
Not being familiar with the source material, I have to take your word for it. Which presumably explains why five-years-on DiDi is the most hideously unappealing depiction we've ever had of her. I wouldn't think of her as someone who gets her cultural references from old anglophone sitcoms (that's Ruby's schtick), but there we are.

Anyhow, it appears that Zii isn't just spinning Izz a line - there's too much plausible corroborative detail for that - but it's also not quite true that she "doesn't like sex any more". It's just that she doesn't like the consequences, and they've become sufficiently problematic to put her off the cause. And while she might still feel okay about wanting DiDi, well, for the last three days, she hasn't.

And Lynn gets her optimism justified once again (in general, and in the specific if "finishing a call" was a fib). Luck is what you make for yourself. She's being a bad person, but I can't help liking someone who works with the resources to hand quite so efficiently.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Excellent reference of one of my favorite shows ever.

Peggy: "AAAAAAAAAAAlllllllllll, did you missed me"
Al: "With every bullet so far"

=)) =)) =)) =))
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Alice Macher

Post by Alice Macher »

Maybe someday DiDi will get it through her thick skull that there's more to a relationship than sex. Even Zii realizes that now, though she had to learn the hard way.

Ordra

Post by Ordra »

Oh man, a Married With Children reference . . . This is giving me all kinds of good nostalgia vibes.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

I didn't know there was a French Canadian translated version of Married With Children! :))

So will Lynn take advantage of the situation and put the "squeeze" on Didi? ;)

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Great 'Married with children'-reference! :D I love that show, although I love 'Modern family' more.

Looks like Chastel has decided to just draw her own conclusions instead of talk about the issue. Quelle surprise... not.

I will give Ms. Brook points for acknowledging the fact she's trying to snake Chastel out of her relationship. But not for anything else.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Alice Macher wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:39 pm
Maybe someday DiDi will get it through her thick skull that there's more to a relationship than sex. Even Zii realizes that now, though she had to learn the hard way.
Yes, but after a lifetime of missing out on orgasms she’s making up for lost time.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

What's this? Did Zii just have a moment of character growth? Nice! Christmas has come early this year!

And now, I just hope that whatever DiDi does is a path to her doing the same. It's a shame it had to happen because of something like this, but if it leads to her becoming a better person, then it's a necessary evil.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

First off: I love the Married with Children plug. Although I am not entirely sure which character I find creepier, Zii as Al or Didi as Peggy. It also seems that Didi was also not thrilled at imagining herself in that role... one way or another.

Which brings up an interesting parallel between Didi & Peggy: Peggy was a lazy stay-at-home-housewife, and while she slinked around in garish neglige to try to attract Al, all she did was basically whine to Al that she wanted sex from him. Didi doesn't actively seduce well. Certainly she has a body to kill for and she dresses to accentuate, but she isn't an intellectual seductress. Didi relies on showing her cleavage or just throwing her body at her lover, rather than being a more active and engaging lover. Lynn might be in luck, though, since Zii just gave Didi some excellent tutelage on how to please a woman (in bed).

As to Lynn, I thought her commentary at the end wasn't as necessary. It only paints Lynn out to be a bad girl. While she is filling the role of antagonist, I don't see her as being that wicked. Zii & Didi's relationship was built upon Didi's quest for more orgasms & Zii's lusty libido, with very little of real substance to fluff it out. Didi & Zii are at fault for not nurturing their newfound 'love'. Sonya was much more determined to break apart Erik & Zii. Hell, Sonya even tried to seduce Erik away from Zii herself. Whereas, Lynn is purely focusing on Didi and hasn't even met Zii. Lynn is playing mind games, absolutely. If Didi truly loved Zii, she would follow Lynn's advice and communicate with Zii and be supportive while Zii heals from her funk. Didi's cowardice/self-centeredness is what will sink their relationship. Lynn will just be there to help pick up the pieces. And while it does make Lynn out to be a shark or opportunistic rebound-lover, it seems that she is used to being in that role.

So the next questions are: complete scene change? Or, pick up where we left off with Zii... or Didi? And a follow up question too: did Peggy & Gary hear Zii loudly blurt out her confession? It is the 'thin walls' trope versus comedy benefiting from ignorance.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Quinlan1973

Post by Quinlan1973 »

Ouch. Zii may be speaking the truth regarding her own feelings but it is unfortunate that Didi has to hear it so bluntly. Sadly for her it's probably the only way the meaning of the words would sink in. I do hope this does lead to a true re-evaluation of her relationships with everyone.

Antinerd

Post by Antinerd »

Quinlan1973 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:59 pm
Ouch. Zii may be speaking the truth regarding her own feelings but it is unfortunate that Didi has to hear it so bluntly.
Actually the only real sad part about it is that Zii couldn't tell Didi directly about her concerns. And vice versa.

For Didi's part she is much better getting the band-aid ripped off so the scab can fall off and the cut healed. How would you feel going six months thinking you were attractive and satisfying to your partner and then find out your partner was bored with you all that time?

Happens all the time, though. Including me playing both roles. I hear and read all the time that relationships take a lot of work and that is true but I still haven't found any cure for monogamous sexual boredom no matter how many women's magazines I see with articles about how to put the "spice" (ugh) back into your marriage. And if you are young and still want sex a lot that's a problem.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Hey, fellow MwC-lovers! Does this sound familiar?

"Dad, help!"
"What are you complaining about? At least she's feeding you."
"There's five bucks in it for you, dad."
"Peg, let the boy go."
"But I need someone to cuddle."
"You're on your own, son."