17-02-18 Our music needs this

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Ophelianime

Re: 17-02-18 Our music needs this

Post by Ophelianime »

Rosa wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:41 pm
I'm not buying it. I'm gonna go against the the general opinion and call bluff on this one.

Only last strip, Zii was being super turned on by Gary-Peggy voices. Not like sex anymore? Biggest, fattest lie in the history of this webcomic.

Zii is making up stuff to persuade Izzy to leave. Of course, DiDi will think it's for real, and from now on, out of consideration, will refuse to have sex with Zii. Zii will go crazy trying to figure out what's wrong. That's my prediction.
Honestly, I think it could be either or. I'm personally seeing some mixed signals here. She hasn't had sex with Didi, but she was stimulated by that movie, plus the sounds coming from the bedroom.
I'm going to go with a middle of the road option here and say her libido is still there, but recent events have put a severe damper on her sex drive. Think of it like she's suffering from a severe, sexy hangover. She needs time to walk it off and let herself heal before sex starts to feel healthy again. Until then, she may be tempted, but as long as the pain is still there she knows she wouldn't fully enjoy it.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Zii is dealing with gnawing guilt.

Hey Didi. You know a therapist, still have her number?
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Antinerd

Post by Antinerd »

Going to said therapist would be about like going to Trump for real estate advice.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

magicrectangle

Post by magicrectangle »

Given DiDi's selfishness in the sack, I can certainly see Zii getting a bit disillusioned with it after the initial "omg I'm fulfilling my fantasy" wore off. Add to that the fact that her inability to control her sexual urges destroyed her band, and it makes some sense. As much as anything ever does in this comic, at any rate.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

lordoffiling wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:40 pm
Hey Didi. You know a therapist, still have her number?
We’re still waiting for a proper first meeting between Zii and Kiley. (Their one brief encounter hardly counts.) Given what Zii knows and doesn’t know, it could actually be a little weird.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Such as the fact that Matt liked for Kiley to sodomize him?
Or that Kiley was terrified of Chastel doing anything to her in the bedroom?

KittyHat

Post by KittyHat »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:35 am
And one more thing: anyone who wants to gloat that they always knew this relationship would end in tears or laugh real snarky at the ironic sexual karma that just got revealed to us, go ahead and get it out of your system. I'll not argue the point.
Gloat? I guess I thought everyone believed it would, so I didn't realize there was anyone to gloat to. But to be fair, there's still I guess a possibility that they could work it out somehow? Not likely, given they're both so self-centered, but ...

Derfman

Post by Derfman »

I think everybody is right... no really. So much going on here that I would lay odds that everybody has got at least a little bit of the puzzle. Even the ones that are calling BS.

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

Ophelianime wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:20 pm
I'm personally seeing some mixed signals here. She hasn't had sex with Didi, but she was stimulated by that movie, plus the sounds coming from the bedroom. I'm going to go with a middle of the road option here and say her libido is still there, but recent events have put a severe damper on her sex drive. Think of it like she's suffering from a severe, sexy hangover. She needs time to walk it off and let herself heal before sex starts to feel healthy again. Until then, she may be tempted, but as long as the pain is still there she knows she wouldn't fully enjoy it.
I'll back you up on that one. A dozen strips ago, I myself surmised:
Vitocap wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:43 pm
Looks like Zii is avoiding sex with DiDi on purpose, yes. I'm starting to suspect something has gone weird in her head. The human mind tends to associate events or feelings that happen at the same time even if they are unrelated. The last time Zii had great sex with DiDi, she lost her band and the friendship of Sonya and Yuki. She might have unconsciously associated "banging DiDi" with "bad things happen".
I guess we could say great minds think alike, hm? Image

Ah well, time will tell if we got it right...
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Ophelianime

Post by Ophelianime »

LOL. Maybe.
My next question is: is Didi going to talk to Zii about this new revelation, or go the more comedic route of listening in to part of the conversation and running out before hearing the rest? Or maybe listening to it, and leaping to the wrong conclusion

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy »

I will bet money on that last one.
"Leaping to the wrong conclusion" is Désirée Chastel's proud specialty...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Error of Logic wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:22 pm
Such as the fact that Matt liked for Kiley to sodomize him?
Or that Kiley was terrified of Chastel doing anything to her in the bedroom?
That’s all part of the mosaic. But remember, Zii first heard Kiley’s name when Kiley apparently seduced Zii’s friend Gary out of the blue, messing up Zii’s own plans and hopes involving him. Shortly afterwards, Kiley dumped Gary, leaving him heartbroken. Zii may also have heard that Kiley broke Sonya’s brain, and then helped Sonya understand that she loved Zii, which caused Zii no end of trouble. Then Kiley hooked up with Matt — and then dumped him, which broke Matt’s heart and ruined him for Zii’s use. And then, Kiley apparently seduced DiDi by being all the things that Zii thought she was (petite, cute, deboted to her career).

From Zii’s point of view, Kiley must appear to be a serial whimsical heartbreaking bee-yitch whose chief occupation in life is hurting Zii’s friends and causing problems for Zii.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

*waggles hand* Remember, Nielsen did meet Kiley in person at least once. And at that time, Chastel was much more of a dog of the female persuasion, with her 'girl scout cookies'-comment.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

It was a very brief encounter, without Zii and Kiley actually interacting directly. (Hence, “hardly counts”.) Since then, Zii has seen much, much more of the consequences of Kiley’s actions. And those consequences logically show Kiley to be a crazed scheming maniac who wants to ruin Zii’s world for shit and giggles.
---------
Spidrift

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

TwoWayStar wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:41 pm
So who wants to place bets??

A. Didi will jump at the opportunity to receive orgasms by getting with Lynn and cheating on Zii.

B. Didi will put up some objections but Lynn will win her over (the 'gasms!1!1) and end up cheating on Zii.

C. Didi will absolutely refuse but go home and bungle Roxie's advice. Someone gets dumped.

D. Didi will refuse, go home, and execute Roxie's advice. Her and Zii's relationship gets better.

I'm with B personally
I DID NOT PLAN ON THIS REVELATION *fretfully looks at options* NEW SIMPLIFIED OPTIONS

A/B. Didi cheats on Zii for whichever reasons.
C. Didi bungles (both sets???) advice and someone gets dumped.
D. Didi executes (both sets) of advice and relationship improves.

im still stickin with B happens but maaaan i hope d happens!