Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

17-02-18 Our music needs this

Post by Giz »

Cortez

Re: 17-02-18 Our music needs this

Post by Cortez »

Someone might want to check the temperature in hell.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

I... I...

...Zog it. I've got nothing clever to say here. Needless to say this is a pretty big revelation, and one that does not bode well for her and Didi's relationship.

And one more thing: anyone who wants to gloat that they always knew this relationship would end in tears or laugh real snarky at the ironic sexual karma that just got revealed to us, go ahead and get it out of your system. I'll not argue the point.

Jackass Mask

Post by Jackass Mask »

Well... Honestly, I did not see that coming.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

It appears that it’s taken a moment of panic to make Zii blurt out the full truth. Of course, it’s just possible that Zii is just saying this to fend Izz off, but... No, it just doesn’t read that way to me.

Presumably, the cause is either just depression over screwing up the band and everything else except the relationship with DiDi, or something deeper and more existential. Assuming the latter, if only for fun — Zii has always been about the conquests, and for a long time, DiDi seemed to her to be the ultimate, unobtainable goal. Then she got there. She stood on the peak of Everest, and wept because there were no more worlds to conquer, if you’ll pardon a hideously mixed metaphor. That part of her life is over. She needs a new justification for her existence. And, of course, the long-term relationship with DiDi isn’t it. That really was just a goal, not a process. The end of the comic, for her, has to be about finding a new goal.

On a technical note — I do like the panel compositions today. Ma3 is often just about two people talking in a room, which is great, in a minimal sort of way; it’s clean and serves a purpose. Here, though, we have something more dynamic; tension-conflict-motion-shock. Visual storytelling.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

MoonshadowDark

Post by MoonshadowDark »

Has anyone checked up on Eulice lately? I feel like she should really have come up at some point. She’s been hearing tenants get pegged, have orgies, throw live animals and now hear a declaration of nonsexuality.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Huh.
Amazing.
Looks like life has finally managed to pierce Nielsen's thick skull.
Last edited by Error of Logic on Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Welcome to Bizarro World, everybody.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Hogan

Post by Hogan »

I was surprised to my foundations when Zii willingly turned away the perky gifts in the second panel, but the last panel had me start checking the stocks for the snowshoe entreprises in hell... :o

But, it might stand to reason... Zii has suffered a massive sexy overload as well as the full weight on what damages her sexcapades have done to her and others... she has reached her goal of the Didi-buns but now she is coming down to earth, her wings burned away from her contact with the sun...

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

Huh, maybe its just me but I don't find this shocking at all. I kinda got the feeling this was the case ever before she fell into Didi over and over - Didi was just her final confirmation that she is finally getting tired of being chapter 1 Zii

I'd of been more shocked if she still cared about the boobs tbh
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

Fereshte

Post by Fereshte »

I’m willing to bet she’s depressed. She lost her band because of her antics and that band was something she was passionate about. She may have fallen into a depression which, for some, can put a serious damper on their sex drive. Now the question is, will Didi stand beside her through this rough and dark time. Depression can put a strain on even the strongest of relationships.

To-be-deleted post deleted. Ask your local mod. \:d/ The DAMNed

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Good question. Hint: Who started whining to acquaintances after three whole days without sex?

Also, a minor irony occurs to me; if Zii is in a depressive funk or suffering an existential crisis, is it surprising if her new band isn’t working right? She’s never exactly seemed like an agsty shoegazer. Angel might be able to crank out a dozen good songs while in this sort of mood, but Zii probably needs to be on an upswing for her music to work.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I think that the final panel of this installment would have benefitted from this.

Didi's compassion versus Didi's lusts. It's not looking good for Didi & Zii's relationship. That's all I'm saying.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

bejammin2000

Post by bejammin2000 »

I think it may be a case of both depression and the fact that having sex with DiDi was the goal, not avrelationship.

Also b a case of sour grapes, maybe?

Rosa
BANNED

Post by Rosa »

I'm not buying it. I'm gonna go against the the general opinion and call bluff on this one.

Only last strip, Zii was being super turned on by Gary-Peggy voices. Not like sex anymore? Biggest, fattest lie in the history of this webcomic.

Zii is making up stuff to persuade Izzy to leave. Of course, DiDi will think it's for real, and from now on, out of consideration, will refuse to have sex with Zii. Zii will go crazy trying to figure out what's wrong. That's my prediction.
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif