15-02-18 Things are not clicking yet

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Maelphaxerazz

Re: 15-02-18 Things are not clicking yet

Post by Maelphaxerazz »

Wait, wasn't Gary dating Tracy, last time we saw him? Is she okay with this? Okay, all things considered her being okay with this actually makes sense, but we didn't see what happened between Gary and Tracy, so some context might be in order. :-\

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

I'm thinking Didi will catch Zii in a compromising position with Izz, Didi will dump her, and Zii will be stuck with her new womanchild stalker bandmate just like she was with Yuki before the comic began.

And it's nice to hear Gary and Peggy getting along rather well but that probably means Giz and Dave are getting ready to sink that ship.

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

Say... let's assume Zii accepts the idea Izz brought to her -- that the members of the band need sex to get more in sync...

... wouldn't that mean Zii must hump Terry next!?!?!?

Aaand, after saying that, if you will all excuse me, I'll now go pull that image out of my brain with a pair of tweezers.
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Maelphaxerazz wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:43 pm
Wait, wasn't Gary dating Tracy, last time we saw him?
Last we saw them, Tracy was about to use Gary for another fetish camshow. That relationship could politely be described as tentative.
samtheman wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:47 pm
And it's nice to hear Gary and Peggy getting along rather well but that probably means Giz and Dave are getting ready to sink that ship.
That “ship” is a small pleasure launch that was never designed to put to sea. The really nice thing about it is that they both seem to take the “friends with benefits” idea seriously. It could end any time withno great heartache.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Rosa
BANNED

Post by Rosa »

Ophelianime wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:58 pm
I never really pegged Izzy as being the chessmaster type. As Spidrift pointed out, she's a fangirl in love with a fantasy. The way I see it, Izzy's character development can go three ways: she will either become disillusioned and storm off, find someone "more awesome" to fixate on, and/or grow out of it and mature.
Whew! Good to see I'm not alone with my positive image of Izzy!

Going by the posts at the time of her series debut, most people seemed to have her pegged as a "psycho stalker" made of "concentrated evil" who should be "burned with fire" before she completed her "machiavellian" plan. Those are literal quotes. :( I never really got it. Well, okay, she changed all of Zii's locks without asking first and that did make her look bad, but to me that was just comedy fare and not to be taken seriously. To me, she always was just a cute, innocent fangirl.
"I assume that the creative team does read the boards and that, through
the troll swill, they can find a decent thought-provoking post from time
to time. Other than money (of course), praise and intelligent discussion
concerning an artist's work has to be their life blood."

(by @worldshaking00)

─────────────────────────────────────────
http://image.ibb.co/jtqXqx/output.gif

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy »

Maelphaxerazz wrote:
Wait, wasn't Gary dating Tracy, last time we saw him?

Yeah... officially going out, they were......
Maelphaxerazz wrote:
Is she okay with this? Okay, all things considered her being okay with this actually makes sense, but we didn't see what happened between Gary and Tracy, so some context might be in order. :-/
hm, we-e-ell... perhaps we should assume Gary, Tracy & Peggy have become the titular ménage à 3 of this comic? in that way, Gary gets a happy end... and there's no need to waste valuable final-volume strips on him, since he already got his happy end and his story arc is over... and we'll have more time & room to focus on the wrestling arc!! it's win-win-win!!! :p

oh btw I will leave y'all a trivial question en passant:
Peggy's supposed to have reeeally small breasts, almost as small as Kiley's, right? OK, so what the fudge is Gary motorboating? her buttocks? :-o

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I think Peggy has an ample enough bosom (look through that arc to see more examples, especially for comparison). Despite her pixie hairstyle, she is larger than Zii and Kiley; she doesn't get mistaken as a dude or a young girl. She is shapely, just not as much as Sonya or as exaggerated as Didi. I would take her as being an 'average' example of a female character in this sexy comic.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Rosa wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:25 pm
Ophelianime wrote:
I never really pegged Izzy as being the chessmaster type. As Spidrift pointed out, she's a fangirl in love with a fantasy. The way I see it, Izzy's character development can go three ways: she will either become disillusioned and storm off, find someone "more awesome" to fixate on, and/or grow out of it and mature.
There’s a fairly large gap between “Actually worse than Hitler” and “Positive”, you know.
Going by the posts at the time of her series debut, most people seemed to have her pegged as a "psycho stalker" made of "concentrated evil" who should be "burned with fire" before she completed her "machiavellian" plan. Those are literal quotes. :( I never really got it. Well, okay, she changed all of Zii's locks without asking first and that did make her look bad, but to me that was just comedy fare and not to be taken seriously. To me, she always was just a cute, innocent fangirl.
She’s definitely a comedy character. (Duh. This is a comedy.) But she tends to be written as, well, a comedy psycho stalker. It sometimes looks with her like we’re getting deliberate Single White Female references. (It’s the hairstyle.) Stuff like changing the locks and cross-examining Gary for personal data on Zii takes an extra-heavy comedy filter not to look scary-crazy.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Jackass Mask

Post by Jackass Mask »

Quick question, because I can't remember, was it ever established how old Izz is?

Ophelianime

Post by Ophelianime »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:49 pm
Rosa wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:25 pm
Ophelianime wrote:
There’s a fairly large gap between “Actually worse than Hitler” and “Positive”, you know.
She’s definitely a comedy character. (Duh. This is a comedy.) But she tends to be written as, well, a comedy psycho stalker. It sometimes looks with her like we’re getting deliberate Single White Female references. (It’s the hairstyle.) Stuff like changing the locks and cross-examining Gary for personal data on Zii takes an extra-heavy comedy filter not to look scary-crazy.
I kind of view her as somewhere between an "innocent fangirl" and "psycho stalker." I mean, it's not like she's been collecting Zii's snotty tissues or has her room wallpapered with photos. (that we know of, at least) And yet, some of the things she does are boundry violating enough to push her out of "innocent" territory. I think that the most accurate (and wordy) label that can be applied to Izz is "infatuated fangirl who doesn't understand/respect basic boundaries"

SailorDh

Post by SailorDh »

Cue Didi catching Zii cheating on her and kicking her out into the street in 3.....2......1.....

Suplex her through a closed window just to be sure she regrets it.

Prydonian

Post by Prydonian »

Genuinely a bit disappointed to see Gary’s genuinely into being pegged. The webcomic world seems to be completely dismissive of people who are just boring ol’ straight.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Not sure if you hit it on the head, but "boring ol' straight" might be considered boring if the creative team's decision is to attract a target audience? I mean, I am boring ol' straight myself and I enjoy Ma3; but, I can see your point is I guess what I am getting at. There's nothing wrong with vanilla. It might even be palette cleansing.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Jackass Mask wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:32 am
Quick question, because I can't remember, was it ever established how old Izz is?
Eighteen. She said so to Zii during an early flirtation. It was such a blatant attempt to show that she was legal-in-the-US and hence Zii wasn’t being sleazy that it ended up looking sleazy.

http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/That ... g_lips_are
---------
Spidrift

sukebe senpai

Post by sukebe senpai »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:39 pm
That “ship” is a small pleasure launch that was never designed to put to sea. The really nice thing about it is that they both seem to take the “friends with benefits” idea seriously. It could end any time withno great heartache.
It could end, but there's another possibility: We've seen that, pegging aside (which they clearly both enjoy very much), Peggy does care about Gary as a person: She cares about how he feels, about what's fair for him, and I read her behavior towards him as not just lustful, but affectionate. This, in my book, is a very good base for a solid, tender relationship. And Gary, dorkiness aside, has a gentle and kind side that, with Peggy's affectionate guidance, can be nurtured. I don't really care much about the relationships of the other characters in the Ma3 universe, to be honest. I'd really like to see the Gary-Peggy relationship get stronger, with Gary growing into a more balanced character than before, who could probably act as the good, secure, dependable friend, who is no longer needy or whiney, but instead acts as some sort of "voice of reason" for the others. Perhaps even puzzling them, as they end up wanting him (quite a departure from how the comic started), but having to put up with the fact that this ship has sailed. What do you think?
FIRRIB