Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

10-02-18 Faster than running

Post by Giz »

Storm-forge mystique

Re: 10-02-18 Faster than running

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

"Zii! Cette sexy famous wrestler avec nous maintenant veut foutre-moi, mais je ne peux rien cheat on toi!"
"...you don't say..."

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Even Maura caught Lynn's obvious line :))
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

/popping popcorn
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Cunning as Sonya, has as much energy as Yuki, and is as opportunistic and sly as Zii - Lynn could be more than a match for Zii, and be easily able to dismantle their faux *love* apart (although, a strong breeze could do that, too, but I digress...).

The fact that Maura picked on Lynn's somewhat subtle start of flirtation - which will presumably be a continuous attempt - seems to suggest jealousy more than intellect, 'cos perceptive she isn't normally. The mild blush and pout helps show Maura's annoyance; it seems unlikely she'd be jealous due to a romantic rivalry, but rather she had only just recently met with her *hero*, yet now some rookie upstart has unwittingly "stolen" Lynn's attention with no effort.

DiDi is as stupid as ever, or at least following her delusions as ever - "relationship is en danger," is ridiculously melodramatic, however, is fitting with her melodramatic mindset.

I know there is a much higher scale for sleazy characters in this series - Amber and Dillon's boss, (Nathan?) as the worst example -yet apart from certain extremes, Lynn seems like one of the sleaziest characters; she has shown some business knowledge and such, yet she never appears to miss a chance to - quite creepily IMO - hit on some unsuspecting fangirl or delusional Amazon. I suppose it is emphasising how she is Zii's foil, who likewise took opportunities to take advantage of at-the-time less wise quarry.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

It's a sex comedy in the form of four-panel comic strips. The seducer characters have to take opportunities and work fast, or we'd be hanging around watching predictable dialogue for months at a stretch. It's not so much that they're sleazy as that the whole comic is about sleaziness, by real-world standards. And Lynn is certainly a hard-working seducer, even by Ma3 standards, though we've had hints that she's been discontented with all her relationships to date, so she's got a limited, partial excuse for all this trying it on; she's looking for Ms. Right by sifting through a lot of Ms. Right Nows.

And she certainly scores some points for the deft opportunism here. Actually, she's one of the few characters in the comic who seems to understand that time spent on reconnaissance is never wasted; she doesn't just rush in, like the effective Zii or the clever Matt or even, to an extent, the analytical Kiley, she takes every opportunity to build up her picture of the target.

As to Maura - it's a feature of dumb characters in this comic that they are just as perceptive as everyone else, they just fail to process the information properly. She heard what Lynn said, she has enough synapses to recognise it as untrue, she's annoyed that DiDi has snagged Lynn's attention so easily because she wants it so bad -- but we don't know yet that she's fully worked out what Lynn is up to. Of course, she might; DiDi often annoys other women by so effortlessly outclassing them in "femininity".

(Which is why I'd be interested to see Ruby meet DiDi; she's just about the only woman in the setting with any sort of rational disdain for traditional "femininity".)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Yeah, get in there and snake that bimbo, Lynn.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Didi: 'Notre relationship is en danger!'

For the love of...is the relationship in danger because Didi knows she'll dump Zii if Zii fails to give her more orgasms soon? Because, that's the only logical conclusion I can come up with for such a insipid, melodramatic line.

Go on, Didi - ignore the rule of 'stranger danger' and be seduced by Lynn; ruin your relationship with Zii by proving you only care about your own selfish needs.

Prove Sonya right!
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:52 am
The fact that Maura picked on Lynn's somewhat subtle start of flirtation - which will presumably be a continuous attempt - seems to suggest jealousy more than intellect, 'cos perceptive she isn't normally. The mild blush and pout helps show Maura's annoyance; it seems unlikely she'd be jealous due to a romantic rivalry, but rather she had only just recently met with her *hero*, yet now some rookie upstart has unwittingly "stolen" Lynn's attention with no effort.
Yeah. The creative team went to great lengths to establish that, when it comes to sex/romance, Maura has a competitive streak even if it's about people she has absolutely no interest in (ie, Gary). I wonder what's going to happen now. If Maura decides to vie with DiDi for Lynn's attention, she has her work cut out for her... especially since the date fiasco last night gotta be still fresh in Lynn's memory.

By the way, I love Lynn's calm, slick, confident manner. Very James Bond-like.

Lynn: (thinking) "Heh, here's DiDi. I'll seduce her and make her mine, easy peasy, no sweat."
DiDi: "Oh, Lynn, I fear my relationship with my current lesbian girlfriend is in danger!"
Lynn: (oozing irony) "No, really!? You don't say!?"

Lovely. :-bd

With lines like that, the authors should've totally made her a British character. :p
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Lynn is being very snake like in her approach, isn't she? (not a bad thing - considering her professional motif).

KittyHat

Post by KittyHat »

Fluffy wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:30 pm
Didi: 'Notre relationship is en danger!'

For the love of...is the relationship in danger because Didi knows she'll dump Zii if Zii fails to give her more orgasms soon? Because, that's the only logical conclusion I can come up with for such a insipid, melodramatic line.

Go on, Didi - ignore the rule of 'stranger danger' and be seduced by Lynn; ruin your relationship with Zii by proving you only care about your own selfish needs.

Prove Sonya right!
You mean there was ever even the slightest glimmer of a doubt that Sonya was wrong?

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Of course not. But, until it happens within the comic, Zii and Didi can live in denial of the reality that their relationship is largely physical (more so on Didi's part than Zii's).

cheshire86

Post by cheshire86 »

"Maura sense... tingling! I don't know exactly why, but it sure is tingling! Something something Annie Conda...likes DiDi better... wrestling tips?"

Meanwhile, Tess is probably posting all of her Scandal Pix on every one of her social media accounts, despite the approach of impending Roxie doom.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Heh- that Maura. Well, if there's love at first sight, why not friendship at first conversation? :-?

someone

Post by someone »

Maura, like all other Ma3 characters, is severely mentally challenged, but she is observant. That doesn't help interpret correctly what she observes, though.