Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

06-02-18 Only a few customers saw

Post by Giz »

OllieOrOlly

Re: 06-02-18 Only a few customers saw

Post by OllieOrOlly »

"Hold that thought." Oh dear, Roxie may have set her speech back to zero, since DiDi has always struggled to keep any thought that doesn't adhere to her delusional perspective.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Oh. Right. Millennials.

What's more, wrestling millennials.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Hogan

Post by Hogan »

Sounds like somebody need to do a quick Kayfabe-rewrite to have the new perceived reality match their stage-act :-)

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Spidrift wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:24 am
Oh. Right. Millennials.

What's more, wrestling millennials.
Well, i don't think Roxie is GenX, maybe she is a Xennial.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

EvilSnack

Post by EvilSnack »

When you're halfway reading the third panel, you know what the last panel will be like.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Roxie. Stop holding back. They won't learn otherwise.

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

Hogan wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:46 am
Sounds like somebody need to do a quick Kayfabe-rewrite to have the new perceived reality match their stage-act :-)
I was thinking the same thing.

Especially if the video footage includes the part where Damien and Annie Conda come to separate those two -- and when they all leave, later, each one with their date.

The new Kayfabe needs to be something like: "Frosti and Pyre of the Tempests are rivals for heel champ Roxxy's hunky brother Damien. Frosti was on a date with him and Pyre (who happened to be at the same restaurant, meeting with Annie Conda to scheme evil dastardly plans the way heels always do) surprised them. SAVAGE RUMBLE ENSUED!"

Of course, this will have to be settled in a Pyre vs. Frosti grudge match. The public and management will both demand it. Too bad... Tess and Maura had just sworn never to fight each other again... :(
Last edited by Vitocap on Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Once Roxie started scolding them, yeah, I saw that punchline coming. However I was sort of hoping Roxie was going to ask the other two to get their opinions on open dialogue with a lover. As others have pointed out, Didi needs to finish a complete thought or she might get lost. I don't think she is brain damaged, more so as her emotions/needs get in the way of her cognitive function.

The Tempests need to be chatting up Zii soon, for their music. That might be how Zii breaks out of her funk.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

Oh, on a separate note: whoever mentioned that it's not that Roxie is especially irritated by DiDi, but, rather, that she is universally irritated 24/7 by the whole wide world? You sure got that right. Image I don't think she has ever been so close to blow her stack than in panel 4.
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:58 pm
Once Roxie started scolding them, yeah, I saw that punchline coming. However I was sort of hoping Roxie was going to ask the other two to get their opinions on open dialogue with a lover. As others have pointed out, Didi needs to finish a complete thought or she might get lost.
I fear that this strip is here so that DiDi doesn’t get complete, coherent, thought-through advice from Roxie. So she’ll just go off and do something half-baked and comedic, based on a dim-witted misunderstanding.
The Tempests need to be chatting up Zii soon, for their music. That might be how Zii breaks out of her funk.
I fear that “theme tune” idea was a throwaway gag that will never be mentioned again.

(Yes, I live in fear.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

CaliforniaDave

Post by CaliforniaDave »

These two have a firm grip on the Idiot Ball and they are not letting go.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Ah yes, "Internet Fame"- how 21st century! I say fame isn't nearly as wonderful as its reputation. I've observed the famous long enough to know, you see. ( I myself have lived long enough in obscurity to know, it's not all bad, on the other hand. ) :-?

cheshire86

Post by cheshire86 »

Some may not agree, but if there's a Ma3 spinoff strip, I sure hope it's about the Rasslin' Crew. :D I do enjoy their hijinks, especially Tess and Maura.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Just so long as it's not about Nielsen's new band... ^^;