03-02-18 My greatest fear

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Spidrift

Re: 03-02-18 My greatest fear

Post by Spidrift »

Fluffy wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:30 pm
For the longest time, Adrien was just as clueless to being a failure in sexually satisfying Didi; until he overheard her admitting to Sandra that no man had ever given her an orgasm while he waited on them, and confronted her about it.
Sure — but my point was that DiDi’s facial expressions evidently weren’t designed to make that obvious. And the evidence we had for that happened to involve Erik.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Oh, I know what you meant; my reply was more for those who are stubbornly refusing to acknowledge that Didi is equally at fault for so many of her lover's failing to satisfy her. I just threw in the Adrien example to show that Erik was not the only one she was lying to.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

It's all about communication between the two parts... But let's be serious, how much good communication takes place in the Ma3-verse...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy »

sigh... there we go again... :-w
Fluffy wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:13 pm
Fairy Glade's Fairy wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:00 pm
probably because it smashed to smithereens your entire delusion, seeing as there's no defending a man who doesn't know the things any man over the age of twelve should know that he gotta do for a woman when they make love.
What delusion, dude? These are facts, from an established story line. Didi can't communicate her feelings worth a damn - she faked her orgasm with every man, leading them to believe they had satisfied her. How is a man supposed to know anything when their lover in utterly incapable of communicating her feelings. Here's a shocker - Men aren't mind readers! If Didi was sexually unsatisfied - it's up to her to say something.
Who cares? what would have changed if they knew, they'd have tried to fuck her harder? what's your problem? are dicks the only thing you can think about? are hard dicks your answer to everything? Newsflash: this is not about sex... this is not about how their dicks did or did not the job... this is about feelings... if you love a woman, you declare your love and tell her in detail of all the sentiments your love inspires you... you look into her eyes and ask her to tell you everything about herself, because you want to know all about the one you love... you do romantic things, sensual things, to make her comfortable and warm her heart... you do like Kiley: you do all the hundreds of little things Kiley did to DiDi in order to induce strong emotions... sadly, those men never did any of that, cuz they didn't love her; they just pretended, they lied that they loved her, when in reality all they wanted was bang, bang, bang......
Fluffy wrote:
Wham Bam Thank You Madam just doesn't cut it, neither for Didi nor for 99% of women out there...taking their pleasure, leaving without satisfying her, then crying when Didi dumps them because 'boohoo she doesn't think of my feelings' is pure toxic hypocrisy...
Not when Didi faked her orgasm every time. Why are they going to think any differently if Didi herself is letting them think they've satisfied her?
Again, WHO CARES? I don't know what it is that you're trying to answer, certainly not my arguments... all you talk about is how DiDi didn't like to speak with men of her lack of orgasms, but you keep ignoring the one big issue which is that her 'lovers' never took the time to be like real lovers to her..... it's like you're just randomly splurting some kinda anti-feminist agenda, defending poor widdle men who are bullied by evil orgasm-faking womyn, and looking for proof to justify your rants in the one place you'll never ever find it: a comic by Giz......
Fluffy wrote:
even Matt's solution to the problem was 'she just needs someone like me who fucks longer and harder!'... it's astounding that in this day and age there's still people like you willing to defend this Wham Bam caveman approach to relationships.....
And, guess what? He was making some real progress - until Didi ruined it for herself by sabotaging things (first with the hot sauce, then by calling Gary's name while Matt was trying to satisfy her).
ROTFLMAO yeah suuuuure dude..... :)) =)) he was making du bon progress, just like Gary, who is waaay better than him at pleasing women and still failed miserably with DiDi.....

I can't believe there's someone in this forum who thinks Matt would have brought DiDi to orgasm given more fucka-fucka time... you must be the only person in all the readership who thinks so... wow dude talk about trampling canon... it's like you never learned that it takes l'amour to make her cum, feelings of love, not a harder fuck... we have been told it so many times it's like it's written in giant letters of gold, and yet you don't know it? what comic have you been reading?
Fluffy wrote:
WOW! retcon much? yer like really really out of touch here.....
reread the "1st orgasm" arc, it's not long and you srsly need to refresh your memory... I can't believe anyone could forget Doña Juana de Montréalo
You mean the scenario that was largely taking place in Kiley's head? Yes, Kiley was being gentle with her in order to get her to open up/relax - but romantic? Only in Didi's mind (Kiley wanted to up and leave as soon as it was over - but got roped into a 'relationship' with this orgasm obsessed twit until she used Didi's love of wrestling to get out of it).
OK now you are scaring me... I get the feeling that I should be backing away slowly, before you start foaming at the mouth and try to bite the people around you...

First you say it's all in Kiley's head, then you say it's all in Didi's mind, then you start talking about how the story continues after the orgasm (which is not the point in discussion), then you spout sexist insults, make a mess of yourself and fall in total incoherence, and all for what? for the sake of a desperate last-ditch attempt to deny that the things that happened in the comic actually happened in the comic! #-o how deep in delusion can you be!? YES, Kiley romanced and charmed DiDi, YES, she pulled a Doña Juana de Montréalo on DiDi (visual metaphors are too difficult to understand for you?), and it was awesome, and it did the trick, and it's all canonic, established fact, written and drawn by Giz in lavish detail, and it's jaw-droppingly shocking that you don't get it..... Kiley made DiDi cum, not because she's better with her fingers than most men with their dicks, but because she used her mind & seduction skills, first to solve the mystery and then to put DiDi in such a romantic mood that the orgasm came naturally... it's insulting Kiley to pretend otherwise... I told you, read again that story arc if you've forgotten; or, if you refuse to reread the arc or did reread it but refuse to believe what you found, then ask around: everyone and their uncle in this forum can confirm it......

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

You know, you shouldn't bother anymore. This guy who signs Fluffy (I'm going to assume he's a male since he's a Matt apologist and a DiDi hater) doesn't really care to reason with you or anyone. He's a troll. All he wants is to elicit strong reactions and provoke people into quarrels for his own amusement.

The one important thing to remember is that Giz is with us. It's a canon fact that DiDi is an angel -- a character with a pure and angelic heart, almost completely devoid of malice, who most often is incapable of hurting anyone except by innocent mistake (and repents bitterly when such an accident happens), so sweet and naive she sometimes looks clueless. That's how Giz thought up DiDi, that's how Giz sees her, it's that way and that's the way it is. Those who don't agree with that image and try to paint DiDi as some kind of monster are fighting against Giz, not us. It really isn't our problem.

Don't bother with trolls. Just remind them of the canon that comes from Giz -- and let them huff and puff and rant to their hearts' content. In times long past, "God with us!" was a very common slogan in coats of arms and military banners. Let our battle cry be: "Giz with us!" Image
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

1) Nope - I'm a girl

2) Disagreeing with opposing arguments does not make one a troll.

3) I'm stating my opinion, using the events in the comic as examples.

4) Didi is no angel. How anyone can have that assumption after some of the stunts she pulled in this series amazes me.

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED

Vitocap wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:37 pm
Don't bother with trolls. Just remind them of the canon that comes from Giz -- and let them huff and puff and rant to their hearts' content. In times long past, "God with us!" was a very common slogan in coats of arms and military banners. Let our battle cry be: "Giz with us!" Image
I LUV IT! :x

best motto evar, totally works for me, lol lol

X3N0-Life-Form

Post by X3N0-Life-Form »

"Giz with us!"

Sounds kinda dirty :P

Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:13 pm
*DiDi is good and her lovers were bad*
Alright sister, there's a lot of material in there I feel need a response in a more moderate tone than the one that you, Fluffy & Vitocap currently have going, so I'm going to try & wrap my head around your respective points of view and try to form a coherent response.
The crux of it lies in ma3's very nature as a punch-line-a-day comedy, its writers' tendency to drag out jokes for long periods of time and I suspect a lack of perspective on characterization vs the needs of the story.

Regarding DiDi's need for romance to achieve orgasm : Congratulation for restating Didi's needs in this area. Sweet-talking during sex (Kiley's approach) is a very common need in both men & women, but tend to be more predominantly viewed as a feminine need. The need for an emotional connection (Zii' & Didi's approach) is just as common, but much more pronounced in women. The fact that, as FGF said anyone over the age of twelve should know these things (I'd put the cut-off at 18, but that's not the issue here), while Didi is utterly ignorant of them is obviously for the sake of comedy, and as such the implications of it for her character were not explored originally. She had to be incapable of figuring it out on her own in order for the joke to continue until it outlived its usefulness, at which point it had become an integral part of Didi's character.

Regarding Didi's past sex encounters : Again, comedy comes first & we are not supposed to think to much about it, but here are two basic elements we know from these past encounters : 1) Didi is a very enthusiastic lover, the joke back then was that she kept her roommates awake through her sexual escapades 2) Didi is apparently so divinely sexy that none of her lover lasted very long, this was the introduction of the "Didi has never had an orgasm" joke. The implication back then was that none of her lover actually lasted long enough to do much of anything, causing the joke. The writers I suspect quickly realized that if duration was the lone issue, the joke would be solved very quickly, so she had to be made incapable of reaching orgasm even with someone with high technical skills & endurance, or self-stimulation. Fortunately, emotion plays an important part in real-life sex (as I stated earlier), so ramping this up for Didi made sense, as she was already planned as a wholesome, good hearted if a bit naive person, so giving her an deeply emotional side fit. Of course, in order for the joke to continue, she needed to be incapable of figuring this out herself, which bring me to my next point.

Regarding Didi's past lovers and her attitude towards them : In order for the gag to keep going, they needed to be incapable of figuring it out. This means that they needed to 1) Be unaware of the problem and 2) Unable to ever get the chance to remedy it, meaning no meaningful conversation of any kind could take place at any point, otherwise they might get to know each other a bit & then you would have readers calling bullshit on the emotional requirement : Before sex - neither Didi nor her mark can know much about each other, so they have to be both only interested in fucking (-1 Didi & lover), and get to that point fast. During sex - can't have the partner ask questions regarding Didi's sexual likes & dislikes (-1 lover), so they need to want to get banging right away, plus Didi needs to be vocal so that the partner doesn't suspect he's not having any effect (-1 Didi). During the afterglow - can't have pillow talk, otherwise the lover might figure out something is wrong, so they have to either leave right away (-1 lover) or be banged out of their mind. Afterwards - they can't ever talk about the encounter, and Didi has at that point been established as mind-blowingly awesome in bed so wouldn't fit to have the guy be the one leaving, so the only option is to have Chastel dump them straight away(-1 Didi).

Note that while this doesn't paint a very flattering portrait of her lovers, Didi doesn't come out as blameless either, and she's a focus character while the others mostly vanish in the background. Mix in things like the running gag of Didi not getting their names right or imagining she's with someone else, the running gag of Didi manipulating people using her sex-appeal, the comic-wide running gag of communication failure and a few other things, and it's not too surprising that Didi is not popular among those more interested in the characters than the gags or the sexy.

Bottom line is : Didi is the way she is due to the narrative imperatives of the orgasm myth-arc, and the end result isn't the good-natured airhead with a giant good angel she started as. The writers basically wrote themselves into a corner with her by committing to the Didi-orgasm as hard as they did with the Gary-virginity arc.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Well said.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yep, that hits all the nails on the head good and proper.

One could over-analyse any of the details all day and all night, but that’d be fairly pointless, because the conclusion is solid.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

I echo Error and Spidrift's sentiments. The explanation can't get any clearer than that.

Kudos, X3 for a very well put comment. :)

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

Good job, @X3N0-Life-Form. A sensible, much-needed elucidation of the key points of the dispute.

Hopefully the waves of Didi-hating will abate now.
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

X3N0-Life-Form

Post by X3N0-Life-Form »

Thank you all, that took a while to write.

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED

X3N0-Life-Form wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:20 pm
The crux of it lies in ma3's very nature as a punch-line-a-day comedy, its writers' tendency to drag out jokes for long periods of time and I suspect a lack of perspective on characterization vs the needs of the story.
(snip analysis)
*sniff* X3N0, I wish I could write as well as you, or Spiffric, or Vito... every time I try to write a reply to someone, I'm reminded & have to face the fact that English is just my 4th language (after French, Spanish & German) and that I suck at writing English... reading, sure; writing, ugh...

That was a great piece with a well argued & solid case! :ymapplause: it's just as you explain, DiDi is seen by Giz as (in Vito's words) an angel, but narrative imperatives challenge that perspective, but Giz still views her as an angel and continues the story accordingly... and so some people get totes confused & cry hypocrisy... #-o in the end, if one wants to enjoy the story, best thing is to accept word of god and take DiDi for what she's supposed to be, never mind the bumps on the road... cuz, if someone insists on hating a character who is loved & pampered by the author as a super good girl, that one's doomed to chagrin & bitterness.....

oh btw, Vito: I hope it's ok if from now on I take the motto 'Giz with us!' as my sig?

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

Be my guest. :YMPEACE: