TheEighth

Re: 03-02-18 My greatest fear

Post by TheEighth »

I was wondering when that would come back into play
What's the big deal?~Misery from Ruby Gloom
Dakara Korosu/So I'll Kill You~Kei Munakata from Medaka Box
I Floop the Pig~ Finn from Adventure Time
Dangerously Cheesy!~ Chester Cheetah from Cheetos
What the Juice? ~Randy Cunningham from Randy Cunningham: Ninth Grade Ninja.
Groovy. ~ Ashley J. Williams from Evil Dead
Just let yourself go floppy.
For now this is your chance.
Pretend you have no bones
And do the Rubber Chicken Dance~ Cheese Sandwich from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I'm Appuhjack! Mowe appuh fwittuh?~ Baby Applejack from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
It's Taco Tuesday!~Sonata Dusk from Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks

Sleel

Post by Sleel »

God. Didi is dumb as a bag of hammers. Seriously. Massive funbags only take you so far. And not very far at all with those of us that don't go for them. I'm surprised she doesn't suffocate when chewing gum.

Chantaru

Post by Chantaru »

However Roxie is joining the "Kiley and Peggy club of characters with working braincells".

brasca

Post by brasca »

Sleel wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:09 pm
God. Didi is dumb as a bag of hammers. Seriously. Massive funbags only take you so far. And not very far at all with those of us that don't go for them. I'm surprised she doesn't suffocate when chewing gum.
In Didi's defense her previous suitors probably didn't care much for communication which set the pattern. Perhaps Kiley tried to teach her something about communication, but she probably didn't listen because she had orgasms on the brain.

I like that reason for the picture was worked into this story.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Huh. : ) Well, that's one thing Brandy got right, at least.

TheFoolishOne

Post by TheFoolishOne »

So, Didi has the same problem that Yuki had when she discovered Gary's star power. Selfishness runs rampant when talking sex it seems, but to be fair, men have been using Didi for years, so when she is finally getting something out of it other than, 'so, I'm supposed to lay here, is that IT??' everyone started hating on her (mostly guys it seems too)

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

At least Yuki came to realize that she was being a selfish girlfriend and went out of her way to try to get over her phobia so she could give back as much as she was giving. Didi liked to say she grew to be a more compassionate lover - but she hasn't; shes as selfish as ever; choosing to lay the fault on others for her lack of sexual gratification instead of asking herself what she could do to make it better (which, for the longest time, was to dump her current lover in exchange for someone who may better see to her needs).
brasca wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:00 pm
Sleel wrote:
In Didi's defense her previous suitors probably didn't care much for communication which set the pattern. Perhaps Kiley tried to teach her something about communication, but she probably didn't listen because she had orgasms on the brain.

I like that reason for the picture was worked into this story.
But the difference is that, when Zii voiced her doubts that what they had wasn't strictly physical (as Sonya tried to warn her about - twice in the same afternoon); Didi went out of her way to reassure Zii that that what they had was true love because they had similar interests outside of sex.

And yet - here Didi is - going bonkers because she hasn't been laid in three days and admitting that she never bothered to ask Zii - the supposed love of her life - why she was suddenly disinterested in having sex.

One can only hope this little chat with Roxie finally makes Didi wake up to the fact that she's being utterly selfish and causes her to act more like the supportive lover she claims herself to be by taking Zii aside and asking about her problems. But, this is Didi - so, the likelihood that she'll actually grow from this is minimal to none.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Be still my heart. Someone other than Kiley actually recommends communication & dialogue!

I'm unsure if what Zii has to say will make Didi happy, if the subject is broached over Zii's over-infatuation with Didi causing Zii to lose her band... and lie to Sonya... and probably a whole host of Zii's problems. And on the flip-side of that: what would Didi do with that information? Try to tone down her orgasmic needs to give Zii the time & energy she needs to get her band functional?

Not sure if Panel 4 was an Utena-related cosplay, but I approve.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

capicoli

Post by capicoli »

I wonder if learning about relationships will have either of them second guessing this love stuff

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

TheFoolishOne wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:21 pm
but to be fair, men have been using Didi for years, so when she is finally getting something out of it other than, 'so, I'm supposed to lay here, is that IT??' everyone started hating on her (mostly guys it seems too)
I don't see that at all. Didi went out with and dumped guys on a whim, she wasn't used by them, she was always in control and quite pro-active when it came to sex and did enjoy it to a degree even without orgasms. Plus she always convinced the guy that she was getting just as much out of it. Unfortunately her body is an orgasm producing machine for men to such an extreme that none of them questioned if she could be faking.

And I'd say Matt got just as much hate for his selfishness, if not more, with it only getting mitigated when he made some small efforts to improve himself. If anything Didi got away with her behavior for so long without so much backlash from readers simply because for years the comic played it off as innocence/naivety on her part and that nobody of importance to the story was actually being all that hurt by her. That all changed when she got with Kiley and we really started to delve into the ramifications of how Didi treats other people and how she seems to not understand love.

capicoli

Post by capicoli »

Vraranus is right, in fact Didi tossing aside Matt was seen as comeuppance for his ways. She started getting heat when she showed her selfish side in the pursuit of orgasm. Prior to she was the nice, naive, waffle making hot lady.

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:16 pm
Not sure if Panel 4 was an Utena-related cosplay, but I approve.
You, sir, show excellent good taste.
TheFoolishOne wrote:
Selfishness runs rampant when talking sex it seems, but to be fair, men have been using Didi for years, so when she is finally getting something out of it other than, 'so, I'm supposed to lay here, is that IT??' everyone started hating on her (mostly guys it seems too)
I've been thinking the same thing for a while now. This is the worst sort of double standard. It's so barefaced and flagrant, the mind, it boggles.
Double post merged. The DAMNed
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Sleel wrote:
Didi is dumb as a bag of hammers. Seriously. Massive funbags only take you so far.
Except that they've actually taken her a very long way, because they're Magic DiDi Funbags. She's only hitting their limits now, after all.
TheFoolishOne wrote:
So, Didi has the same problem that Yuki had when she discovered Gary's star power.
Well, egocentricity and dimness are the baseline for characters in this comic. But DiDi raises them several levels above everyone else.

Anyhow, I don't see much new to say about DiDi here; it's possible that she's finally going to get a clue about her own shortcomings, though quite why she'd start listening now is unclear. (I guess that Roxy may be making things exceptionally clear.) On the other hand, this strip does expand on and clarify Roxy's characterisation. It's nothing mind-bendingly subtle or original, but the picture of her as someone who hates feeling vulnerable and works too hard seeming tough fits her past appearances and makes her a bit more sympathetic. If we're going to have new characters introduced this late in the day, the writers should at least do this much with them.

And, to be fair, Brandy does look good in that costume.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Ophelianime

Post by Ophelianime »

Varanus wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:35 pm
TheFoolishOne wrote:
but to be fair, men have been using Didi for years, so when she is finally getting something out of it other than, 'so, I'm supposed to lay here, is that IT??' everyone started hating on her (mostly guys it seems too)
I don't see that at all. Didi went out with and dumped guys on a whim, she wasn't used by them, she was always in control and quite pro-active when it came to sex and did enjoy it to a degree even without orgasms. Plus she always convinced the guy that she was getting just as much out of it. Unfortunately her body is an orgasm producing machine for men to such an extreme that none of them questioned if she could be faking.

And I'd say Matt got just as much hate for his selfishness, if not more, with it only getting mitigated when he made some small efforts to improve himself. If anything Didi got away with her behavior for so long without so much backlash from readers simply because for years the comic played it off as innocence/naivety on her part and that nobody of importance to the story was actually being all that hurt by her. That all changed when she got with Kiley and we really started to delve into the ramifications of how Didi treats other people and how she seems to not understand love.
I agree. I don't think that Didi was ever "used" by her previous suitors at all. It's hardly their fault Didi didn't orgasm, because she never actually TOLD them! I'm sure if Eric, or even that waitor guy knew she wasn't "getting there," they would have taken steps to help her reach orgasm. But she never said anything. She just assumed that they were poor lovers. Frankly, I don't think her orgasms with Kiley, or her current orgasms with Zii have much to do with their talents as lovers, so much as the fact that for once in her sex life, there has been some variation of connection/communication (however poor it might be). No two lovers are alike, and there can be a learning curve when it comes to bedroom action. Honestly, I think it was Didi's tendency to go through men like kleenex that kept her from achieving orgasm for so long. Maybe if she had actually stuck with one, communicated with him, and actually made the effort to remember his NAME, she would have gotten there sooner
Vitocap wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:58 pm
TheFoolishOne wrote:
Selfishness runs rampant when talking sex it seems, but to be fair, men have been using Didi for years, so when she is finally getting something out of it other than, 'so, I'm supposed to lay here, is that IT??' everyone started hating on her (mostly guys it seems too)
I've been thinking the same thing for a while now. This is the worst sort of double standard. It's so barefaced and flagrant, the mind, it boggles.
Men never used Didi. If anything, she was using them. If you'll recall, she couldn't even be bothered to remember their NAMES! And it's not like they didn't CARE if she was getting an orgasm, she just NEVER TOLD THEM! Remember how that waiter guy was completely shocked when he heard that? And it was pretty obvious that Didi didn't care about ANY of the men she had previously been with. She dumped Eric and the waiter via text so she could have a shot at Sandra, and threw Matt away for a shot at Gary. As far as I can see, there is no double-standard at work here. If anything, it's a double-standard that Matt got backlash right away, while it's taken this long for people to quit making excuses for Didi.

Double post merged. The DAMNed