Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

01-02-18 Communication non verbale

Post by Giz »

worldshaking00

Re: 01-02-18 Communication non verbale

Post by worldshaking00 »

I saw that coming. Didi is used to just letting her body do the work, with her partner's libido doing the rest. Deep down I'd bet that is where Didi will learn to get over her orgasm issues, by actually being verbal with her desires.

Other than Brandy, I wonder what type of qualities in a woman Roxie is attracted to? She seems to have a thing against bimbos, which Didi is queen of.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

AlexDenton

Post by AlexDenton »

I'm not even sure she has a thing against Didi. Roxie is willing to accommodate her, it's just that ... well, Didi is Didi, and sometimes she really gets on one's nerves ^^
"Hi. I'm NG Resonance. What would you like to talk about?"
"I like your music."
"I think you're lying."
"Hey -- I'm a fan. You're not supposed to argue with me."
"I'm supposed to make you like me. You like it when I argue."

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Here's hoping Roxie will knock some sense into DiDi's thick skull - preferably not literally, but if that is what it takes, then so be it.

Roxie might not be a romantic expert, however, the immediate answer DiDi gave to her enquiry about "communication," being a superficial, physical display, should give her an idea of DiDi's mediocre sense of *love* and the overall sorry state of her relationship.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Good grief — is it just me, or are the creators going out of their way to make DiDi really bloody annoying?

I mean, sure, she may not be the most “evil” character in the comic by some sub-The Good Place metric, but who cares about that? The evil characters are entertaining or plot-useful. DiDi is just this barf-making monster of egomania and entitlement and unconscious manipulativeness. She can’t appear these days without making my teeth ache. And because that’s her schtick, even supposedly sane characters like Roxie end up going along with her crap, sucking the logic out of their characterisation.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Honestly - Didi can't simply say 'I flash my goods'; she has to show Roxie how she does it?
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Well, in the first panel Didi tricks Roxie into giving her advice by taking her own words against her, that's smart.

Of course, in the last panel she goes back to just Didi...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

DiDi does that quite often. I don’t see it as being consciously “smart” in an active-intelligence way; it’s more that she has a titanic sense of entitlement and a good verbal memory, so she just goes through what people have said in her head until she finds something that she can interpret as corresponding to what she wants, and then quotes it.

Either that or, y’know, comedy.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

HeavenlySatanic

Post by HeavenlySatanic »

I know it's for the sake of a joke but thinking about a woman with breasts that large potentially wrestling without even a regular bra is just painful.. must have a strong back :^)

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

As a heterosexual male, I know my default response to that final panel is expected to be "Yay, big, bare breasts!"
That ain't happening. =_= I know too well what else comes with this package deal. My default response was more along the lines of "Good grief, she's awful."

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Hmm, let me check... Nope, still got nothing argumentative to say against DiDi's detractors. The writing of her character in the latest installments has rendered any arguments I could offer moot if not actively wrong at this point anyway.

Whatever. I'm just gonna sit here and wait for us to get back to Gary in however many strips, see how his vertebrae and relative intelligence are holding up. His and Peggy's sanity checks are sorely missed.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

That and Kiley.
I miss Kiley's ability to see and point out just how insane everyone around her is.

sukebe senpai

Post by sukebe senpai »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:15 pm
Whatever. I'm just gonna sit here and wait for us to get back to Gary in however many strips, see how his vertebrae and relative intelligence are holding up. His and Peggy's sanity checks are sorely missed.
Come to think of it, we've missed Gary, Peggy and Kiley. As for Gary, I'm pretty sure he's busy having lots of pegging fun with Peggy. And, from what I saw last time around, I wouldn't be surprised to see him progressing to even thicker strap-ons and actively riding them in the cowgirl position. As for how he's grown a spine, I'm tempted to say Peggy's been inserting vertebrae in him with her pegging.

Regarding Kiley, I've always loved her wit. She's one of the better-written characters in the comic, along with Peggy - although her anxiety about her breast size does get a bit long in the tooth sometimes.
FIRRIB

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Well, who wouldn't feel a bit ... diminished when getting Chastel's assets shoved in her face?

uzivatel

Post by uzivatel »

Roxie got the message - non-verbal should be good.