01-02-18 Communication non verbale

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

worldshaking00

Re: 01-02-18 Communication non verbale

Post by worldshaking00 »

For Didi's communication, flashing her cleavage or her massive boobs is beyond simple punctuation. It is the entire sentence. She is used to people wanting her for so long... combined with her ability to dump previous partners without much pain... combined with people just simply liking her (or taking pity on her mayhaps?)... that her verbal skills were never really necessary. I'm not defending her, just pointing it out.

It is hard to say 'no' when she just places it all out there for everyone to see. She is a show-stopper. I expect she realizes this, as she used her boobs to notorious effect to stop Kiley's speeches as well as just generally get her way with most of the males in the strip's cast. I'd believe she is naive, but I wouldn't call her innocent in her using her body (language) to get her way.

I'm curious on the 'hows' to Didi & Zii's (more-than-likely) break up. Zii is starting to get back into her cat-like mode and Didi is becoming even more saccharine & whiny going through orgasm withdrawal. I'd expect Roxie's communication examples to be taken as more literal to Didi (or she will react similarly). Perhaps Didi will realize that she can 'kayfabe' a relationship enough for her to get an orgasm.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy »

Huh huh huh.
And thus, the fall of Roxy begins... that blush in panel 4 is the first crack in the walls...

I told you, 3 months of sexual frustration can make anyone vulnerable...

"Roxy is irritated by Didi" they said... lol, Roxy is irritated by *everybody*, Brandy & Damien & Tess & Maura & everyone she ever interacted with, that's just her temper... "Roxy is impervious to Didi's charm" they said... well gee look at her in a panicky fluster in panel 4...

I dare guess that Annie will come to Didi quite soon... cuz, after receiving Maura's next report telling that Didi has bagged yet another gf, Annie will go "AAAH COMPETITION IS MULTIPLYING GOTTA MAKE MY MOVE NOW!" or something like that, lolol......

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I'm not denying that they (the creative team) are setting Roxie up for some Didi frustration (sexual and/or normal).

Roxie could also just be more tasteful than Didi, and not wanting Didi to flash the world her tits. Roxie has been shown to be understandably shy/nervous when eyes are looking her way and she is in a situation she has little control over (like when Didi was crying at the gym) and it puts her in an uncomfortable place.

Roxie likes sex, and assumingly likes sexiness. She is just much more reserved than the majority of the characters in this comic. I assume that monogamy is a big turn on to her, but we don't really know what she wants from a partner.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Prydonian

Post by Prydonian »

Eesh. I used to be so fond of Didi as a character. Now I actively loathe her.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Fairy Glade's Fairy wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:23 am
"Roxy is impervious to Didi's charm" they said... well gee look at her in a panicky fluster in panel 4...

Plenty of people get flustered at the sight of a topless torso/naked body; it doesn't automatically mean there's sexual arousal. It could just be normal embarrassment.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

*sighs*

How much longer are we going to have to endure Didi and the wrestling plot? I'm now wondering if it's a better idea to just drop the comic until it wraps up and then archive binge the last 100 strips.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Fluffy wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:39 am
Plenty of people get flustered at the sight of a topless torso/naked body; it doesn't automatically mean there's sexual arousal. It could just be normal embarrassment.
Well, the preceding strip established that Roxie is punch-the-wall-frustrated, and this is DiDi. There’s probably a twist of sexual arousal in there, without Roxie actually wanting to jump DiDi’s bones. It’s likely more a matter of “Damnit, Do. Not. Make. Me. Think. Of. Sex.” Because topless DiDi could make a brick wall think of sex.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Fairy Glade's Fairy wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:23 am
Huh huh huh.
And thus, the fall of Roxy begins... that blush in panel 4 is the first crack in the walls...

I told you, 3 months of sexual frustration can make anyone vulnerable...

"Roxy is irritated by Didi" they said... lol, Roxy is irritated by *everybody*, Brandy & Damien & Tess & Maura & everyone she ever interacted with, that's just her temper... "Roxy is impervious to Didi's charm" they said... well gee look at her in a panicky fluster in panel 4...
My take on that is not the Didi effect, if Sonya showed up and did exactly what Didi did, Roxie would've blushed too...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

Well, she is full of pent-up sexual frustration -- so I'd say we can safely guess that any gorgeous sexbomb (Sonya, Amber, whoever) would indeed make a big impression and have a strong effect on her.
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Once more, we have to deal with relativistic effects in the presence of neutron-star dense matter. :|

These panels - especially 1 - again remind me why I think DiDi is a female version of Drax the Destroyer.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Hey, now. Drax isn't dense.
He's just very literal.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Considering how much punishment he can take, I'm pretty sure he's very dense. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Different kind of dense. :P

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Original comics Drax, de-powered comics Drax, or wimpy movie Drax?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.