Re: 25-01-18 Cheat day

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy »

Cortez wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:19 am
Fairy Glade's Fairy wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:26 pm

already retconned twice
gotta love DC, lol
No, he's still around and co starring in a book with Batman's Damian.
lol, dude, rtfm, or linked article in this case
they say it demselves :D

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

raoullefere wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:35 pm
Having said that, I freely admit to intensely disliking Zii; I have ever since she conducted a 'special forces mission' to prevent DiDi from relieving Gary of his virginity (what the hell business was that of hers? She'd already seen how 'freewheeling' DiDi was. Did Zii really think Didi's having sex with Gary was going to ruin Zii's nonexistent—remember, DiDi was quite straight at that time—shot with her?).
I thought that Zii’s reason for interfering with DiDi’s defloration attempt was, well, exactly what she said it was. She reckoned that if Gary got a pity-fuck by being pathetic and needy, then he’d just get into the habit of being pathetic and needy — bad for him and for every woman he met. Which might or might not be good logic in general, but isn’t obviously stupid or in any way selfish.

Actually, the main problem with it is that it’s a rather more subtle or thoughtful analysis of someone’s issues than Zii or most of the rest of the cast usually manage.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

How about Dave Bautista? Also a pro wrestler, but you know him best as Drax the Destroyer from Guardians of the Galaxy.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

lordoffiling wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:03 pm
Vitocap wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:28 am
Aaand the prize for deepest knowledge and best understanding of this webcomic goes to... Mandy!! :ymapplause:

I'm quite certain none of us (except you) remembered that particular strip from four years ago. Well done, sistah!
I remembered immediately. :(
Oops. My bad. :-s
lordoffiling wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:42 pm
How about Dave Bautista? Also a pro wrestler, but you know him best as Drax the Destroyer from Guardians of the Galaxy.
Ah, good call. It's a pity he didn't do too well one-on-one against Ronan... though I do seem to recall he was supposed to be quite drunk at the time.

Since we're on the subject: I have to agree with previous writers in that John Nada vs. Frank Armitage is one of the best movie fights ever to grace theater screens! :-bd
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

daryljfontaine wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:10 pm
worldshaking00 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:56 am
I don't get the "Starchild" reference. Google just brought up alien and/or malformed skulls...
Paul Stanley's persona in KISS was The Starchild.

D
What world is this where the top reference to "Starchild" is not David Bowman? =((
TCampbell wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:56 pm
She has, but they have not always been to her tastes.
Ohhhh, that brings back fnd memories, [oREC] is such an awesome movie!!
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:07 pm
Zii is well established as a Kiss fangirl. DiDi, though, has barely shown any interest in music except as something to dance to before now, and Kiss is a bit before her time if she only has a casual interest, so I’d actually have said her line here was a bit out of character.
I agree. Since when does DiDi know such "arcane" knowledge?
rogermart wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:11 pm
like my friend knows that the hammer is called "Mjölnir"
It's actually "Mjöllnir" and is pronounced "Mjötlnir". :-B
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)