"I like your music."
"I think you're lying."
"Hey -- I'm a fan. You're not supposed to argue with me."
"I'm supposed to make you like me. You like it when I argue."

msaturn
BANNED

Re: 23-01-18 Very considerate

Post by msaturn »

Bunch of damn haters coming after one of the best first panels in this comic's history ..

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I hate to say it, but the first panel doesn’t seem that great to me. Much as I love, love, love Giz’s artwork, she really isn’t at her best doing action poses. Has anyone in human history ever moved into that position?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

msaturn
BANNED

Post by msaturn »

The dialouge sells it. I think the usual coy (and asinine) conservatism of the writing has let up near the end, here.

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy »

msaturn wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:24 am
Bunch of damn haters coming after one of the best first panels in this comic's history ..
WORD!!
I loved the dialogue... reminded me of Sonya/Yuki when they were yelling at each other with angry scowls, with the faces and the body language of people who are spitting insults and curses to each other, but the words they were actually saying were 'how did you make me so clean?' 'I make my own shower jellies!' 'oh wow, you're amazing!' 'I'll give you the recipe!' :))

Tess yelling with a fighting glare and a fighting stance 'oh that's very considerate of you, thanks!' gave me flashbacks of Sonya x Yuki... ah, happy times...

brasca

Post by brasca »

Khazuki wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:07 pm
I guess I'm just about the only one who actually liked this strip? Okie dokie.
I liked it and I think this arc should confirm that these 2 are as heterosexual as Ruby.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Thank goodness. I much prefer seeing the two of them resolve their conflict peacefully and remain friends. ^_^
Neither of them may be exactly Ivy League material, but they're better people than their respective 'dates'.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

What, no hatefuck? Booo! :-Q

Yes, yes, I know... :P

Anyway, no comments about the suckiness of the taxi driver or, converseley, the very rapid Montreal metro??

Maure DIDN'T beat Tess home.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)