Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

20-01-18 Need a place to sleep

Post by Giz »

Jackass Mask

Re: 20-01-18 Need a place to sleep

Post by Jackass Mask »

Poor Lynn, has to work off a case of blue... ovaries? Does blue balls still work in this case?

And, wow, Maura has full blown crazy eyes in these panels.

Itrogash

Post by Itrogash »

For someone who seems to be quite experienced she takes a very shy approach. Bad call, Lynn, I don't know what you expected.
Last edited by Itrogash on Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Yeah, i was about to say Maura is looking like a madwoman.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Haha! Struck out yet again.
I do enjoy seeing smug individuals fail, even if it is due the other person being clueless rather than them actually getting outmanoeuvred; while unlikely, I'd enjoy if it turned out Maura wasn't clueless and is merely rejecting an opportunistic seductress in quite the unique manner.
Anyway, this plotline was probably more filler than substantial, but is a nice bit of levity before - presumably - some more melodrama around the band or idiocy with sexual shenanigans. Even though it feels like filler, perhaps the frustration felt by Lynn will cause her to pursue DiDi more seriously?
The friendship of Maura and Tess seems like it would be relatively simple to resolve, since there is a sense that they have periodic falling outs before forgiving one another or becoming too distracted by the next thing to care about grudges.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

In what sense is Lynn smug? She seems to me to mostly be drawn as a rather faintly melancholy character.

And I have to say that I don't quite follow Maura's... I nearly said "logic", but let's go with "train of thought" here. Lynn has just advised her to take some exercise, and she's evidently missed the hint about that meaning "sex with Lynn", so presumably she's thinking literally about exercise. So she's... going to grab a taxi and beat Tess home? How does that relate to exercise? Is she going to lock the door and rip up Tess's stuff? What am I missing?

And I hope that someone paid off the restaurant for the damage.

Anyhow. Hmm. Scene break. Just five strips short of #1400. Any chance that we'll actually see an SDB strip on Tuesday?

No of course not. Stupid question.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I think Maura is overlooking the "exercise" portion of Lynn's advice, and is instead focusing on getting home first to make Tess feel uncomfortable and force Tess to look for another place to sleep for the night. Or maybe lock her out of their place as a revenge variation.

Maura is completely not thinking of Lynn sexually (apparently also not thinking about other women sexually either even when not angry over her recent fight), and is about as clueless as Didi when it comes to veiled hints.

Artwise, I like that Maura's hair is disheveled and that she looks crazed. It helps to portray the recent events. I was hoping for some clothes ripping, as well as some evidence of the fight on Tess too. But it's ok.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Spidrift wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:35 am
Anyhow. Hmm. Scene break. Just five strips short of #1400. Any chance that we'll actually see an SDB strip on Tuesday?

I hope you're right about the scene break. I was actually checking to see if Dillon's comic returned like Giz promised but not yet so I decided to check on Ma3 again. It's still the wrestling crap but hopefully you're right and we'll be snapping to a different scene and characters next week.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Spidrift wrote:

There is no SDB. Only Zu'ul.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Chantaru

Post by Chantaru »

Well, we know Annie is not turned off by stupidity. I know I would be.

Quinlan1973

Post by Quinlan1973 »

Chantaru wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:44 pm
And we know that she really found Maura sexy or she wouldn't be so frustrated now. And that she put up with it all evening I take as a sign that ,even thinking Maura is an idiot, she also likes her.

Maechris

Post by Maechris »

Itrogash wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:20 am
For someone who seems to be quite experienced she takes a very shy approach. Bad call, Lynn, I don't know what you expected.

For someone who seems to be quite experienced, her gaydar is terrible.
More often than not people fail to see the entirety of the issue, and focus on a single facet of it. Ask yourself what makes you right before you set fire on other people for being wrong. // "Chemical reactions between the kawaii and uguu hormones.Within the Desu Gland. This is near to the upper Moe muscle."

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Chantaru wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:44 pm
If people in the Ma3 universe were turned off by stupidity, their instincts would be in perpetual turmoil, caught between the reliable stupidity of most of the cast and their comparably reliable sexiness. It’s just as well that they’re shallow, for the sake of their sanity.
Maechris wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:24 pm
For someone who seems to be quite experienced, her gaydar is terrible.
It doesn’t seem to be crap gaydar so much as wild-eyed optimism.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Spidrift wrote:
And I have to say that I don't quite follow Maura's... I nearly said "logic", but let's go with "train of thought" here. Lynn has just advised her to take some exercise, and she's evidently missed the hint about that meaning "sex with Lynn", so presumably she's thinking literally about exercise. So she's... going to grab a taxi and beat Tess home? How does that relate to exercise? Is she going to lock the door and rip up Tess's stuff? What am I missing?
ass-kicking can be quite the workout.
Yet still, I live...

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Lynn is a true professional, all the way. Now if only she can find true love…
:-?