Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

CEOIII

Re: 20-01-18 Need a place to sleep

Post by CEOIII »

'J' wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:34 pm
Spidrift wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:35 am
And I have to say that I don't quite follow Maura's... I nearly said "logic", but let's go with "train of thought" here. Lynn has just advised her to take some exercise, and she's evidently missed the hint about that meaning "sex with Lynn", so presumably she's thinking literally about exercise. So she's... going to grab a taxi and beat Tess home? How does that relate to exercise? Is she going to lock the door and rip up Tess's stuff? What am I missing?
ass-kicking can be quite the workout.
In other words, the first fall happened at the restaurant, the second will happen at home.

Where will the third fall occur, if it's needed?

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Spidrift wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:24 pm
It doesn’t seem to be crap gaydar so much as wild-eyed optimism.
This. Not that I think Lynn thinks she can convert Maura (or even want to?); but, a nice roll in the hay would make her week, I'd bet. Maura is quite attractive, and apparently flips Lynn's buttons figuratively. She's a good substitute or practice partner for whenever she gets her paws on Didi.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:24 pm
Maechris wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:24 pm
For someone who seems to be quite experienced, her gaydar is terrible.
It doesn’t seem to be crap gaydar so much as wild-eyed optimism.
It's not all that different than Zii's attempts with Ruby. Can't blame the girl for trying.

Antinerd

Post by Antinerd »

Itrogash wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:20 am
For someone who seems to be quite experienced she takes a very shy approach.
This.

Not only experienced but also she is the dominant character on the scene professionally speaking. Had she just been a bit more assertive -- like "I want you to sleep over at my place" rather than the passive and rather wishy-washy "do you need a place to sleep?" there is clearly a good chance she could have had her way.

But words like that are sometimes hard to say.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

To be fair, “Do you need a place to stay?” Is a pretty clear offer by most people’s standards. It just ran into the brick wall of Maura’s script-imposed super-obtuseness.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

If this happens to Lynn with a girl like Ruby, it would be obvious that she is rejecting her, so i would say to Lynn "move on, she is just not that into you", but with Maura, i say "she is just that dumb... next time be crystal clear".
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

I think Maura is both that dumb, AND not into girls. She was out with Lynn for professional tips, nothing more, her ignoring Lynn's hint ('cause hinting is what women tend to do) and rushing home to presumably resume her fight with Tess is proof of that. Remember, they're both fighting over their MALE instructor!
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Yes, she is not into girls, but minutes ago Maura was thinking about her ideal woman, and it was exactly like Lynn (only dumb Maura didn't connect the dots about why Lynn was asking her that), so Lynn needs to be crystal clear about her intentions, because hinting goes way off Maura...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Welp, looks like it's first treadmill, then cold-shower time.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)