Giz
Site Admin

16-01-18 You charmer

Post by Giz »

CEOIII

Re: 16-01-18 You charmer

Post by CEOIII »

NOT THE CANADIAN BACKBREAKER!!!!

(No, it's not the Argentinian backbreaker. That's Lex Luger's Torture Rack. Different move.)(And if she flings her forward onto her face, that's Ron Simmons' Dominator.)

The Human Wrestling Finisher Encyclopedia------------------------------------------------------------------>

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

The horror! The horror!

There’s some doubtless-excellent patisserie being knocked onto the floor there. Effing barbarians.

Anyhow, plot blah blah, Damien and Lynn know each other, blah blah, curious then that Lynn hasn’t just dropped by the gym to say hi, blah blah, Lynn recognises that Damien is enough of a seducer that the idea of him dating DiDi worries her, blah blah, implies in turn that Damien may have the dishonorable intentions tegarding Tess’s virtue that Tess has been praying for, blah blah... All relevant but nothing that inspires me. Also, I’m afraid that I still rate Giz as better on faces than on action scenes.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Was Lynn worried that Damian stole her date or that Damian was on a date with DiDi?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I assume the latter. The former would credit Damien with superhuman powers of stealth date-stealing.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Zorlond

Post by Zorlond »

Well, thanks to keyfabe, the in-universe writers on the wrestling circuits could probably turn this public scene into quite the wrestling arc. All it would take is some folks grabbing their phones and getting it all on camera.

Fereshte

Post by Fereshte »

All Star!!

No, but seriously. I don’t care about the plot line at all. If this wasn’t the last volume, I wouldn’t care but since it is, I’m a little frustrated with all this attention on characters I care nothing about.

EvilSnack

Post by EvilSnack »

Spidrift wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:57 am
There’s some doubtless-excellent patisserie being knocked onto the floor there. Effing barbarians.
Curse you, you beat me to the punch.

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy »

I don't know nuthing about the C-verse... I think I'm missing lots of injokes here...
:-s :-s :-s
would some kind soul write a list of which characters in the wrestling arc are which characters in the c-verse? and how their relationships are?

Pier777

Post by Pier777 »

EvilSnack wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:12 pm
Spidrift wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:57 am
Curse you, you beat me to the punch.
Curse you both.

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

Two things:

First, we were all completely wrong about Damian. We thought he used his good looks as eye-candy and allowed his pupils to fawn over him BUT would never stoop so low as to actually seduce them. We misjudged the man. Lynn's words are unequivocal. He has been doing it since long ago, and obviously hasn't changed. In fact, if things had gone smoothly (no Maura interference), Tess most certainly would have seen her fantasy from three strips ago come true.

Second, it's really tiny, but, if you look closely, you'll notice a little cloud of steam coming from Lynn's mouth (with her "whew") and a couple of sweatdrops flying as she wipes her brow with her hand. Nice! Quality is all in the small details.
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Spidrift wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:16 pm
I assume the latter. The former would credit Damien with superhuman powers of stealth date-stealing.
I agree that one would think Lynn is referring to Didi. Lynn obviously doesn't want more competition for her quarry.

I guess Lynn's comment exclaiming "I see her" could be used as a way for Lynn to surreptitiously keep her plans for Didi to herself yet still have the (somewhat) statuesque Maura be a valid response should the question arise of who she knows/is with at the restaurant, that fits the description she started to describe to Damien. Marua is no slouch; she's just not 100% Didi either {and one can take that any way they want}.

I wonder if either of them will pull their dates apart, or just admire their technique. Dinner and a show anyone?
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Fairy Glade's Fairy wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:34 pm
I don't know nuthing about the C-verse... I think I'm missing lots of injokes here...
:-s :-s :-s
would some kind soul write a list of which characters in the wrestling arc are which characters in the c-verse? and how their relationships are?
Ok, let's start with Maura and Tess: Laura and Cessily (or Cess), and Ifrit and a Snow Fairy, best friends who try to become the most popular girls in school, but their plans usually backfire.

Lynn Brooks (Annie Conda): Brooke Lynn, a melusine with a pet snake, when it comes to sexual preference, she is confused (maybe she is bi).

Lina and Mikayla (The Night Sisters): Nina y Layla Delacroix, vampire sisters.

Dio: Diodore Renoir (or just Dio), a vampire, Layla's fiancee.

Gwynneth: Tiffany Winters, aspiring vampire slayer.

Alyssa and Elyssa: Melissa Hellrune, a half witch/half magical-girl, who recently because of a big fight, augmented her powers and separated her good and bad sides, now she is two Melissa's and they can merge at will.

If you need more info, just ask.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Platonix

Post by Platonix »

I believe part of the question was how those *C characters usually get along with each other. How do the interpersonal dynamics we're seeing in the Ma3 expies mirror (or contrast with) the relationships in the *C-verse? For example, was there ever a major fight between Laura and Cess? If so, did it in any way resemble this one visually, such that this might be an intentional callback?

Quote removed. The DAMNed

cheshire86

Post by cheshire86 »

Isn't this the point in the match when Austin drives a beer truck into the joint and hoses poor Tess and Maura down with Steveweiser?

That, or the Roxie run-in with a steel chair, fixin' to get a little payback for getting pinned by Tess?

All I know is that Jim Ross would call that match *proper*. :D