Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED

Re: 16-01-18 You charmer

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy »

rogermart wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:43 pm
Ok, let's start with Maura and Tess: Laura and Cessily (or Cess), and Ifrit and a Snow Fairy, best friends who try to become the most popular girls in school, but their plans usually backfire.

Lynn Brooks (Annie Conda): Brooke Lynn, a melusine with a pet snake, when it comes to sexual preference, she is confused (maybe she is bi).

Lina and Mikayla (The Night Sisters): Nina y Layla Delacroix, vampire sisters.

Dio: Diodore Renoir (or just Dio), a vampire, Layla's fiancee.

Gwynneth: Tiffany Winters, aspiring vampire slayer.

Alyssa and Elyssa: Melissa Hellrune, a half witch/half magical-girl, who recently because of a big fight, augmented her powers and separated her good and bad sides, now she is two Melissa's and they can merge at will.

If you need more info, just ask.
WOW! So much information to process! So cool! THANKS! :ymapplause:

I feel like I now understand a ton of things I previously had no clue about...
like, why the wrestling personas of Tess and Maura are frost & fire themed...
or why Gwynneth is said to be a "loudly morally centered" person... (not just her face character but herself too...)

So Dio is originally the bf of one of the vampire girls? and here he's dating someone who's originally a vampire slayer? no wonder the v-girls are pissed off...

of course, just the "vamps vs. slayers" thing would have prolly been enough to get a rivalry going on, lol

I needed some time to recall who are Alyssa & Elyssa... I'm almost 100% sure they appeared only once... guess they were there as a one-strip injoke. (Oh but I remember they had twin belts on, as if they were some kinda tag-team champions... maybe they are the targets of Tess & Maura, the ones the Tempests shall defeat one day!)

I notice you didn't mention Brandy/Moxxie, Roxie or Damian. I assume they are all newly-created characters that only appear in Ma3?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Platonix wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:18 pm
I believe part of the question was how those *C characters usually get along with each other. How do the interpersonal dynamics we're seeing in the Ma3 expies mirror (or contrast with) the relationships in the *C-verse? For example, was there ever a major fight between Laura and Cess? If so, did it in any way resemble this one visually, such that this might be an intentional callback?
Could I suggest starting a separate thread for this? Heck, the mods could even make it sticky. That way, people who are interested could go there for detailed breakdowns of the expy exercise, without clogging discussions of specific Ma3 strips with lengthy EC plot summaries.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

Rejected.

The expy side of these characters is an integral part of the fun of the wrestling arc. Trying to bisect the discussion in separate parallel tracks would be gratuitously complicated as well as redundant.

And the threads for specific strips lately go for about 10-20 posts, so this isn't clogging anything.

Let's embrace the spirit of Keeping It Simple. :ympray:
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

*facepalm*
Oy. Those two should never have been introduced to keyfabe. It's clearly further destabilized two minds already teetering on the edge of turkey-level stupidity.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Fairy Glade's Fairy wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:44 am
WOW! So much information to process! So cool! THANKS! :ymapplause:

I feel like I now understand a ton of things I previously had no clue about...
like, why the wrestling personas of Tess and Maura are frost & fire themed...
or why Gwynneth is said to be a "loudly morally centered" person... (not just her face character but herself too...)

So Dio is originally the bf of one of the vampire girls? and here he's dating someone who's originally a vampire slayer? no wonder the v-girls are pissed off...

of course, just the "vamps vs. slayers" thing would have prolly been enough to get a rivalry going on, lol

I needed some time to recall who are Alyssa & Elyssa... I'm almost 100% sure they appeared only once... guess they were there as a one-strip injoke. (Oh but I remember they had twin belts on, as if they were some kinda tag-team champions... maybe they are the targets of Tess & Maura, the ones the Tempests shall defeat one day!)

I notice you didn't mention Brandy/Moxxie, Roxie or Damian. I assume they are all newly-created characters that only appear in Ma3?
i forgot that Lynn said to Gwynneth that she was loudly morally centered. It makes sense because Tiffany is not just a vampire-slayer wannabe, she is really nice, a bad liar, and a hero in some ways, that translates perfectly in Gwynneth being a face.

Dio is Layla's fiancee, but their relationship goes with on-off phases, in one of them Layla sets Tiffany with Dio, yeah, both of them didn't remember that Dio is a vampire in that moment, and that lead to a hilarious arc. So i guess that's why here Gwynneth is Dio's bf.

You're right, Alyssa and Elyssa appeared once.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Azrael wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:15 am
Well, it was a lovely restaurant.
NOT THE CAKE!!!! :))

Speaking of Giz being good with faces, some obvious faceless bystanders are "enjoying" (YMMV) the show way in the background.

I also like how the "CRASH" doubles for an external sound of the Tempests fighting and Lynn's heart crashing at the thought of Damien dating DiDi...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)