Post by Giz »

Storm-forge mystique

Re: 04-01-18 Prince Charming

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

And now Lynn turns into a car.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Haha! I do enjoy Maura's cluelessness, especially since it knocked that smarmy, almost creepy smirk right off of Lynn's face.

While this isn't the *main* story, got to admire the effort to clearly display the distinct emotional climbs, dips and plateaus given even to the minor characters; quite effectively portrays Maura's overall upbeat mood as she is, to her, in safe, enjoyable company, in contrast to Lynn's rather far-reaching journey of confusion, lustful pride, and ultimate exasperation as she faces someone who is sincere yet oblivious.

Treader

Post by Treader »

Storm-forge mystique wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:13 am
And now Lynn turns into a car.
About time - why should Dangerously Chloe get all the swordfights?

Zorlond

Post by Zorlond »

Ah, that moment when the chessmaster has all their pieces in their proper positions, ready to initiate the final sequence to seal their opponents' fate... and realizes that their opponent is playing Battleship. :))

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

In before liars mention the friendzone myth.

Arnie here is the new antagonist I think.
**== **== **== **==

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Ah, Maura. A certified dim character in a comic full of generally dim characters.

The problem for me is that certified-dim characters in Ma3 invariably wind up being incredibly rude to somebody out of pure stupidity. And I don't care what anyone thinks of the target of their unintended rudeness, that just makes me annoyed with them. Basic politeness shouldn't require a high IQ, and rudeness is just rude.

Plus, Maura's last line here requires stupidity beneath and below plausibility, purely for the sake of a punchline.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Density nigh unto neutronium. Under what rock do they find these characters? :)) B-)
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

magco2000

Post by magco2000 »

Sonya, it's you?
Gary approves
this topic or post

Image Image
shh :-$ ... Pandy is sleeping / Tiff :x

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

To give G&D credit, they manage to make their dim characters dim in different ways. Sonya seems like someone who’s just got out of the habit of using a perfectly adequate brain. She usually gets stuff right when she just tries, and she’s pulled off some effective evil plots. She just jumps to simple-minded conclusions too much of the time. DiDi, on the other hand, seems to live on a different planet — probably Planet DiDi. She has no real grasp on reality, and because Planet DiDi is run for DiDi’s benefit, she doesn’t bother thinking at all.

And Maura... frankly, just now, she seems to be just plain stupid. I’m not seeing any more complexity here than that.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

For True_Avery.

Sorta saw that response coming. Maura is attracted to men, especially the masculine ones (or at least display masculine attributes). A more physical display of virility would probably help, Lynn, but a restaurant (you frequent regularly) probably isn't going to be the best location to show off. Now if there was a dance floor, like her thought bubble suggested...

Enjoy your scotch, Lynn. Successfully romancing Maura tonight and your tasty beverage are both probably on the rocks now.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

leann123

Post by leann123 »

I'm getting tired of these arcs focusing on characters that have I have no interest in whatsoever.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Well no offense, but the strips aren't exclusively for you.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:12 pm
To give G&D credit, they manage to make their dim characters dim in different ways. Sonya seems like someone who’s just got out of the habit of using a perfectly adequate brain. She usually gets stuff right when she just tries, and she’s pulled off some effective evil plots. She just jumps to simple-minded conclusions too much of the time. DiDi, on the other hand, seems to live on a different planet — probably Planet DiDi. She has no real grasp on reality, and because Planet DiDi is run for DiDi’s benefit, she doesn’t bother thinking at all.

And Maura... frankly, just now, she seems to be just plain stupid. I’m not seeing any more complexity here than that.
Well, she could be in the area of "Why would this famous person be interested in me?"

Also, as she isn't gay, she may not be thinking to much with the idea of Lynn is hitting on her, especially since Lynn made mention of being interested in Didi, and that's the reason she's there anyways.

So any and/or all that could easily be playing against Lynn.

If you were helping someone hook up with someone else, would you think "They want to hook up with me."?

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Lynn is smart, and Maura is dumb. So the more Lynn drinks (alcohol), the more even in intelligence they will become. :-?