30-12-17 Owe you something extra

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Valkog

Re: 30-12-17 Owe you something extra

Post by Valkog »

Panel 3 made me irrationally angry, at first, so I had to wash my pants three times. After re-reading, I think I may have overreacted.
**== **== **== **==

OldBrit

Post by OldBrit »

Talking of innocent words getting a bad reputation
worldshaking00 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:21 am
evil harmful sinister acts,
Sinister just means left, or left-handed.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Whereas Lynn, for all her dexterity, seems more gauche.

Right?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

*sighs*

On what day is Dillon's comic going to return next month?

As for the current development in Ma3, Zii is going to lose Didi to the Brooke expy which will probably lead to Zii ending up with Gary and Yuki in that OT3 that everyone except for me wants to happen. Bleh. Maybe Ruby's return in Dillon's comic will put me in a better mood.

Antinerd

Post by Antinerd »

So you can score a $40 restaurant entree in exchange for a purloined G-rated selfie? Lesbian or not I don't think I have ever met any women who were that adolescent-boy-grade level of horny.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I imagine that it's more that Lynn is feeling flush, might be inclined to buy Maura dinner anyway (who knows, she might even be a nice, generous person at heart, and hey, she was a struggling unknown in the business once herself), and is pushed over the line into definitely liking Maura enough by the appealing selfie.

Or, y'know, a joke.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Well this is funny and I don't have any complaints to make. It's so relieving not to have to worry about possibly dreading the content of new strip strips around here. For a while there I had largely just stopped caring.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Cortez wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:14 pm
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:39 am
Perhaps Zii will meet her match in Lynn? She also seems like a predatory nympho with a near-limitless lust
Calling her or Zii a predator is a bit extreme. Especially since, you know, they don't ate anyone that's underage.
But I didn't call her a predator - I said "predatory nympho," with predatory being used as an adjective; perhaps a bit hyperbolic, but I didn't accuse her of being criminal nor lurking after kids.
I know I've been one to complain about pedantic stuff in the forums, yet must be a pedant myself to further emphasise there is a difference between "predator" and "predatory" - with the adjective word, I feel it is an appropriate use due to its referral to something that seeks to exploit others, which has been Zii's MO.
*Edit* for clarification, Zii doesn't exploit others due to any actual malicious intent, however, her seduction techniques, as well as her subsequent apathy to almost all of her former lovers (granted, a few have been shown not to mind), makes her seem more than a little exploitative.
Vitocap wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:26 pm
Don't you love it when Giz uploads a new strip, and wishes us all Happy New Year, and the comments that start coming are full of bitching and complaints? "Predatory" "Obsession" "Unhealthy" "Nymphomaniac" and my personal favorite: "Oh shit not again." (For this one, odalzara gets the prize for Rudest Thing you Could Say to the Author who just Brought You a New Strip. Congrats, kid.)

In the name of all normal readers, I wish to apologize to Ms. Gisèle. Please don't mind the noise -- old restless ghosts are just grouchy like that.
Before your comment, one person complained without having any constructive or basic criticism, and that means everyone is a grouchy ghost? I'm not looking for an argument, just suggesting that you read people's entire statements instead of picking out single words, that is if you want to offer counterpoints or elaboration to their comments.

Double post merged. The DAMNed
Last edited by OllieOrOlly on Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

A third reading of Panel 3 leads me to believe my first reaction may have actually been too subdued.
**== **== **== **==

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

What are you... no, actually don't answer that, I don't even want to know.

But now I'd like to try that duck. I actually had meat with orange sauce on Friday (not fowl, though), and it was really good.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Duck a l’orange is a classic. There’s a restaurant in Paris (Le Petit Canard) famously does basically nothing else. Needs to be done right, of course.
---------
Spidrift