19-12-17 I said it twice

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Re: 19-12-17 I said it twice

Post by Osaru Sensei »

My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

-- Percy Bysshe Shelley
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

Honestly, if Erik doesn't end up with Zii and/or Didi, regardless of whether they end up together, it will be a travesty.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Erik’s a chill dude. He’ll be fine; wherever he ends up, it’ll be his own considered choice. Well, assuming that he’s realised that his quest for a manic pixie bisexual self-destructive rock chick was a bit stupid, anyway. I suspect that he’ll end the comic single, but managing a successful rock band, and attracting attention from the sort of smart women who recognise that a cool Svengali type is a good catch.

In my opinion, though, he deserves better than DiDi. But then, in my opinion, anyone deserves better than DiDi.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy »

Storm-forge mystique wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:06 am
Honestly, if Erik doesn't end up with Zii and/or Didi, regardless of whether they end up together, it will be a travesty.
:-o
da fuck???
what kinda loony left field did this one come out from?

I don't get it... why do you worship so much a zero like Erik? he's just a minuscule minor character who was made using the template for 'stereotypical cool rich guy'...... is it the long blond hair? the sunglasses?

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Probably because he's only the second sane male in this entire series who isn't out to use people for his own personal benefit (the only other guy who comes to mind is Jung).

What I don't get is why, after the way they treated him, would people want to see him reunited with Zii and/or Didi?

Speaking of - wouldn't it be some kind of poetic justice if, being so distraught over how she royally screwed herself over by hurting her closest friends/bandmates, Zii isn't in the mood to give Didi her daily orgasm fix, and - as a result - Didi dumps her on the spot for being selfish/inconsiderate for disregarding her needs/feelings? Not only would it give Zii a very good idea on how Sonya and Yuki felt when she disregarded them to satisfy her own self indulgence; but would be an extra slap in the face when Zii would be forced to admit that Sonya's claims against Didi (that Didi's love for Zii was strictly based on the physical) were right on the money.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

uzivatel

Post by uzivatel »

Fluffy wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:11 pm
Probably because he's only the second sane male in this entire series who isn't out to use people for his own personal benefit (the only other guy who comes to mind is Jung).
I dunno, all those outfits he made Zii wear...

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

This is true. However, having Zii wear the costumes he designed was mutually beneficial to them. The costumes Zii wore brought more attention to the merchandise she was promoting for the store, which brought in more business; Hell, Zii actually loved some of the costumes - especially the ones her band scored, free of charge (Jung was perfectly fine with the free promotion the girls would be giving him just by wearing them in a public setting).
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Jung isn’t exactly a saint, but his approach to exploiting people is mostly fairly lightweight stuff, and doesn’t really hurt anyone worse than they can take. Mind you, the same goes for Gary, if we’re talking nominally nice guys. It’s just that Gary is pretty useless, whereas Erik and Jung get stuff done.

Anyway, toying with future possibilities... It’s actually possible that we’ll get a cut to a completely different scene next strip (the wrestling?), but if not, what are the odds that Erik will say something comforting, and Zii’s Zii-instinct then kicks in and she tries to jump him? If so, I’d give 50/50 odds that Erik succumbs (he really isn’t perfect) or that he reminds her that she said herself that the one thing she hasn’t bollixed up yet is her relationship with DiDi...
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Concerning the acoustics thing, my guess is Zii might have cracked open the door...

What puzzles me more, IS the thing in the background the door? ecause it doesn't seem to reach down to the floor. But the thick black line might indicate it's open a bit.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)