14-12-17 Kiss and tell

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Error of Logic

Re: 14-12-17 Kiss and tell

Post by Error of Logic »

Well. Self-awareness likely to actually influence the horny hobbit's long-term behaviour.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

You’re very likely right, because last volume/plot. But in in-setting terms, what’s different?

(The answer to that would be more about the cause than the resulting awareness, I think, in that this screw-up will need more fixing to get her life back on some kind of track than the previous case. Boyfriends and managers, for Zii, are ultimately interchangeable. Two good band members who were also actual friends, in their way, are harder to replace.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Antinerd

Post by Antinerd »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:28 pm
If knowing that “DD” is a bra size locates your mind in the gutter, we’re all damned.
Who said anything about knowing what bra size designations there are?

The gutter is where someone assumes a name happens to refer to a body part as a defining characteristic and that's the joke. I knew one guy who couldn't help giggling over the name "Dick" for example. (He was a foreigner who's primary language was not English and the pun just never ceased to amuse him.)

Think how tiresome it would be that whenever someone called out "Didi?" there would always be a be a character around that would pipe out: "yes she certainly is!"

None of this is a big deal, but that's the gutter for you.

Ophelianime

Post by Ophelianime »

Here's a thought on how this exchange could progress;

Zii: I guess Sonya's not the only person I hurt on impulse with Didi is it?
Eric: Well, you always have been fixated on her.
Zii: I'm sorry, I can't help it, I love her!
Eric: Really? What do you love about her?
Zii: . . . . . . .

Just a thought.
Really though, can Zii honestly say that she loves Didi beyond her bra size? I guess time will tell

Ophelianime

Post by Ophelianime »

On another note, I really don't think Zii deserves another shot at Eric, but I honestly think that that was the healthiest, best relationship she's had throughout the entire history of the strip. The feelings felt real beyond the love of sex. Unfortuneatly, her lust for Didi ruined it all. And it's doubly pathetic considering that if she missed female sex so much, Eric probably would've considered a FFM threesome

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Ophelianime wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:56 am
Really though, can Zii honestly say that she loves Didi beyond her bra size?
That is, seriously, the question. (And yes, your suggested dialogue would be one very good way to bring this out. Another angle would be Erik being a little bit more self-deprecating, and starting by saying "I know that DiDi can be a hell of a distraction". Actually, without getting bogged down in my stock rant, Erik would be one person who might say "DiDi is sexy, but frankly she's poison." After all, DiDi broke his heart, caused the destruction of his relationship with Zii, and has now caused the break-up of a band which he admired.) We had hints from the start of the current Zii/DiDi thing that it was pretty much all about the hotness for Zii -- which is why I'm 99% sure it'll be dead and buried by the end of this volume.
Ophelianime wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:01 am
On another note, I really don't think Zii deserves another shot at Eric, but I honestly think that that was the healthiest, best relationship she's had throughout the entire history of the strip. The feelings felt real beyond the love of sex.
It was healthy and sane for Zii, but funnily enough I thought it was bad on Erik's side. He was clearly projecting some kind of pathetic Manic Pixie Dream Girl fantasy onto Zii, and using his money to cement it. And any man who goes round boasting to strangers how his girlfriend is a genius at eating other women out, needs to think about his criteria for a relationship.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

My man Erik. Taking no shit and talkin' straight!! :-bd God, how I miss that in most of these characters.
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:42 am
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:28 pm
If knowing that “DD” is a bra size locates your mind in the gutter, we’re all damned. (Though some of us are looking at the stars.) Also, the comic has flown a fairly large flag over the joke from time to time, and it’s always been referenced in DiDi’s character notes in TV Tropes...
I'm sure someone could find the exact strip where people, unaware of their shared association with DiDi, ponder, "Could there be a FiFi?" :))
You mean, like this one?
uzivatel wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:01 pm
PMental wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:22 am
Oh dear. I've been reading MA3 for ages, read it all through at least twice and... I never realized that about DiDi's name! I feel a bit sheepish now.
http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/My_h ... m_to_spare
Which was posted on page 1 of the thread already? /:)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)