12-12-17 Need some time alone with my thoughts

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

User avatar
Taliesyn
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:39 am

Re: 12-12-17 Need some time alone with my thoughts

Post by Taliesyn » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:30 pm

Okay, I missed something.

A couple people have posted in this thread that the comic is ending.

Now I'll admit, I don't visit the forums often, since it has pretty much devolved into a cesspool of twin 'I wish Zii would die slowly in a fire' and 'I wish Didi would die slowly in a fire' camps and little else, but I seem to have missed the announcement of the ending of the comic.

Would someone please be kind en...yeah, right, wrong forum.

Would someone please point me to this announcement of the comic's end? I'm interested in seeing what they said.
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei

User avatar
Spidrift
Posts: 11834
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:11 pm

Re: 12-12-17 Need some time alone with my thoughts

Post by Spidrift » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:49 pm

Well, you could try the “Ask Giz and Dave” thread.

(Don, the FAQ needs updating.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

samtheman
Posts: 354
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:59 pm

Re: 12-12-17 Need some time alone with my thoughts

Post by samtheman » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:11 pm

So they bring Erik back into the comic but not Kiley? And I'm still neutral towards Zii meaning I don't dislike or hate her but I'm not going to feel sorry for her either. She's needs to grow up a little bit and take responsibility for her actions.

User avatar
Lokitsu
Posts: 559
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:11 am
Location: New England

Re: 12-12-17 Need some time alone with my thoughts

Post by Lokitsu » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:26 pm

Zellgato wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:31 pm
plot twist.
he isnt' really there.
Zii broke.l'sl
Now THAT could be a great way to get into Zii's psyche. Have her hash her faults out in her head with various delusions acting as sounding boards/jiminy crickets. Its a VERY old trope and overused, but it feels appropriate in this situation.

BTW there is a good reason for Erik to show up out of the blue. He's still Angel's manager and its very possible that he got a call explaining how Zii's band has broken up. Whether Angel called him to gloat or because there was genuine concern about Zii is anyone's guess.
Last edited by Lokitsu on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LegendaryKroc
Posts: 692
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:22 am
Location: In the Hall of the Mountain King

Re: 12-12-17 Need some time alone with my thoughts

Post by LegendaryKroc » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:29 pm

Man, I love this strip - it's poignant, shows everyone on-panel involved being mature for once in a while and features a surprise returning character whose impact on these well-written developments I eagerly look forward to seeing - but this thread is out of my league. So many comments feel like they were written by budding serial killers.
Spidrift wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:04 pm
daryljfontaine wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:48 pm
Specifically because he's an old flame. Erik is more likely to talk to her frankly about how what she did to him and how that felt, which might have the effect of prodding Zii into some much-needed character growth.
There is that, yeah. But it's not like other characters are incapable of telling Zii harsh truths, clearly. Peggy has proved this, criticism from Gary tends to be all the stronger because it's so hard to provoke, Ruby provides an interesting line in clear-headed conventional morality...
Allow me to apply Occam's Razor to this situation: The place they're in right now is a rehearsal space, or so I'm told, and Erik is a band manager. There are at least three plausible reasons for him to be there, one of them being that his band is rehearsing in the room next door to Zii's and he probably came along to check up on them, especially with the news they have two new members and dumped an old one. For Gary (art-related games company employee who is a little caught up at the moment), Peggy (a nurse who could easily be on shift right now) and Ruby (who is native to another comic and has her own things to deal with, if they ever come back to SDB), the writers would have to invent some plot contrivance to have them show up just in time to find her crying here. And he could still end up saying, "Hey, I understand you're upset and need someone to talk to, but I'm the wrong person to discuss all this with. I can put you in touch with someone more qualified if you like." Overall, he just makes the most sense to have on-set in this moment.
Spidrift wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:35 pm
In terms of damage done, in-story, DiDi is far, far worse than Zii. Up until this current mess-up, Zii's one night stands seem to have been understood by most of those involved as just that, and even Sonya and Yuki, who refused to leave it at one night, still liked Zii (they just wanted her back). A few guys (e.g. Adrien) were left a little confused, but there's no sign that any of them were permanently damaged. Zii did have a dubious habit of sneaking illicit photos, but they were strictly for her own use and for showing to friends; she didn't stick them on the Internet or anything. She was kind of ruthless in seeking revenge on Vincent, but he was a jerk, and it's recently been established that no permanent harm was done there either. And even when she did hurt people a bit, Zii at least noticed it, had the grace to look guilty, and sometimes tried to make amends.

DiDi, by contrast, has left a trail of broken, weeping men behind her, with nary a trace of guilt. She's always been a freaking emotional menace. Hell, Zii has once or twice ended up helping guys get over DiDi. She just doesn't care. She's genuinely heartless. Heck, remember -- when Zii promised not to have sex with DiDi, it was DiDi who immediately started looking for ways to break that promise. And her treatment of Kiley was a comedy horror show, involving actual physical injury as well as emotional trauma.

So -- I can fully understand that people think that Zii is a bad person. What I can't understand is how someone can hate Zii but not hate DiDi much, much more.
And I can't understand how you can hate DiDi and rag on about her like she's evil incarnate but then turn around and root for Sonya, who is at least as bad as her in all the respects you just described. The only reason I can see she doesn't have a similar bodycount is that unlike DiDi she has had a laser-like focus on one person rather than carelessly wandering around seeking an experience rather than a particular person. People often don't understand each other.

Hescotti
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:20 am

Re: 12-12-17 Need some time alone with my thoughts

Post by Hescotti » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:39 pm

Erik is one of the best choices for this. He was friend and co-professional. He has good insight into Zii. He genuinely wanted her to succeed and he liked her. I think his respect for her ability will pay a part in the talk that's coming. Even if he won't go back to her, he knows she has real talent.

I'm also sure a tiny part of Zii is glad Yuki quit, given previous shenanigans that set them back before. No time to expand on that now, and overwhelmed by her sadness atm, but still.

odalzara
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:33 pm

Re: 12-12-17 Need some time alone with my thoughts

Post by odalzara » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:59 pm

Spidrift wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:07 pm
Lokitsu wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:18 pm
I'm guessing part of the rage/frustration is we've never really been given any motivation for why the various characters act like they do (Yuki being the sole exception). Gary has always been a wimp, Zii is a selfish pleasure seeker, DiDi is desperate for an orgasm.
I'm still trying to decide if we've had subtle hints that let us piece the answers to that together for ourselves, or whether we've just had random snippets of dialogue that have triggered my fanfic compulsion, and I've invented this stuff from whole cloth. But the comic certainly doesn't seem too concerned with telling us back stories, while being good enough at what it does to hint that they may exist somewhere.
rogermart wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:30 pm
Gary himself explained where he came from...

http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/...Really
http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/Best_buddies
However, I don't believe a word of that. Or rather, I'm not sure if it was early instalment weirdness that the writers later abandoned, Gary making excuses, or an exaggeration.

The problem is, Gary has never shown any signs of religious indoctrination and hasn't had that much trouble talking to women, while the one time we heard his mother, she seemed perfectly nice and concerned over his past lack of a social life. On the other hand, Gary has confessed to having been an Internet troll in his teens. So my personal fanwank reading is that his home community wasn't all that bad, but Gary was a creep. So those "horrible girls" were fairly normal teenagers who reacted to the creepy vibes he gave off by keeping him at a distance and finding safety in numbers when he was around. So Gary sought satisfaction by being a jerk online, until he hit his 20s and discovered that extreme geekiness and online meanness are no basis for a life.

But Gary strikes me as very simple, really; he's a geek. Which isn't strange or that terrible, after all; I see a bit of myself in there, and lots of people I've known and liked. Gary just raises it to an extreme level, and adds a bit too much self-pity.

As to the other two -- DiDi once said that she lost all her female friends when she passed puberty, and told Kiley that her family were poor but always did their best to be good to her. In other words, she's always had this bizarre reality-warping powder to get people to give her what she wants. Not surprisingly, this has warped her personality into something stunted and a tiny bit horrible. And Zii, I reckon, is just naturally an extrovert and self-indulgent, and also had her heart broken by the first great love of her life, sometime in her teens, and ended up with a subconscious belief that you have to screw them before they screw you, then run away before the hurting starts.

Now, Sonya's hidden depths are interesting...
Shinjischneider wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:47 pm
She needs to suffer a huge portion of the pain she dealt others in order to become a human being that doesn't deserve a punch in the face all 5 minutes.
Gods and little fishes -- if you hate Zii that much, what do you want to see happen to DiDi?

(And don't forget to wipe the spittle off your keyboard.)
dude we get it, you don't like when someone in the forum hates zii, stop whining

User avatar
Spidrift
Posts: 11834
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:11 pm

Re: 12-12-17 Need some time alone with my thoughts

Post by Spidrift » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:59 pm

samtheman wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:11 pm
So they bring Erik back into the comic but not Kiley?
Into this strip, sure. Have you any reason to believe that she won’t reappear in the comic in due course?
Lokitsu wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:26 pm
Now THAT could be a great way to get into Zii's psyche. Have her hash her faults out in her head with various delusions acting as sounding boards/jiminy crickets. Its a VERY old trope and overused, but it feels appropriate in this situation.
It might well be fun, but I don’t think it’s really the way this comic operates. Dreams only last 2-3 panels, and imagine spots are rare, wacky, clearly marked as such, and just a panel or two long. As I’ve said before, it’s an exceptionally WYSIWYG comic.
LegendaryKroc wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:29 pm
Allow me to apply Occam's Razor to this situation: The place they're in right now is a rehearsal space, or so I'm told, and Erik is a band manager. There are at least three plausible reasons for him to be there, one of them being that his band is rehearsing in the room next door to Zii's and he probably came along to check up on them, especially with the news they have two new members and dumped an old one. For Gary (art-related games company employee who is a little caught up at the moment), Peggy (a nurse who could easily be on shift right now) and Ruby (who is native to another comic and has her own things to deal with, if they ever come back to SDB), the writers would have to invent some plot contrivance to have them show up just in time to find her crying here.
All true in a way, and you’re perfectly correct that Erik is one of the few characters who could logically be introduced at this place and time. But the decision to introduce any character at this precise place and time is arbitrary. A trivial bit of writing could set things up differently. Just for example, the story could have cut to Zii staggering into the apartment looking depressed, and bumping into Gary or Peggy in the kitchen. (Ruby would of course be harder, and I only mentioned her because I like her as a character, but meh, even she could have been dropped in somehow.) I don’t believe that the writers said “We need to bring someone into the rehearsal room; who could it be?”; I reckon they went “Now we bring Erik in; how do we do that?”

Which may of course yet work fine as a story decision. We’ll see.
And I can't understand how you can hate DiDi and rag on about her like she's evil incarnate but then turn around and root for Sonya, who is at least as bad as her in all the respects you just described. The only reason I can see she doesn't have a similar bodycount is that unlike DiDi she has had a laser-like focus on one person rather than carelessly wandering around seeking an experience rather than a particular person. People often don't understand each other.
Clearly not. I don’t hate DiDi; I try to hate as few people as possible, especially imaginary people. It’s bad for the soul. I do think that DiDi is written as a badly warped character, rendered just about incapable of normal human interaction by her weird experiences. (If anyone like her could exist in real life, I’d advise avoiding her as much as possible; she’s a bit of a menace.) If this wasn’t a light comedy, somebody as damaged as her could easily be a monster, in a way that even the creepiest minor overt villains in the comic aren’t. Her record really does speak for itself.

Conversely, Zii and Sonya and most of the others are just written as human beings. Significantly flawed human beings in many cases, for sure, but I’m a human being myself; nothing human is alien to me. And some of them (yep, including Sonya) are kind of interesting because of all their flaws.

Which said, my head-canon for Sonya does have her looking like a more human version of DiDi, in that I reckon she too became far too attractive far too young, so that she gave up thinking and started getting by on her looks. But she’s not supernatural, unlike DiDi, so she seems more salvageable.

(P.S. Could you try to respond to one of my posts without calling me a Sonya fanboy? I get the feeling that you haven’t read anything I’ve written for about three years.)
Last edited by Spidrift on Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

uzivatel
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:12 am

Re: 12-12-17 Need some time alone with my thoughts

Post by uzivatel » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:49 pm

Lokitsu wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:26 pm
BTW there is a good reason for Erik to show up out of the blue. He's still Angel's manager and its very possible that he got a call explaining how Zii's band has broken up. Whether Angel called him to gloat or because there was genuine concern about Zii is anyone's guess.
Angel may not even be aware of the history between Erik and Zii. Angel may have simply called Erik that he found new band member and asked Erik to come to the rehersal to meet her.

User avatar
Spidrift
Posts: 11834
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:11 pm

Re: 12-12-17 Need some time alone with my thoughts

Post by Spidrift » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:53 pm

It’d be hard for Angel not to gave picked up on that, with all the interplay between Angel, Jerzy, Erik, and Zii. Though it may just be possible, given how bad characters in this comic are at communicating.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

User avatar
TwoWayStar
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:45 am

Re: 12-12-17 Need some time alone with my thoughts

Post by TwoWayStar » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:14 am

dewelar wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:57 pm
Fluffy wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:17 pm

Dangerously Chloe
More specifically, it's the C-verse because Dangerously Chloe exists in the same -verse as Eerie Cuties and Magick Chicks.
OMG!!! I HAVE BEEN WONDERING FOR...WHAT YEARS NOW?? WHY IT WAS THE C-VERSE!! I feel..so dumb! :| :((

JoybuzzerX
Posts: 1153
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:02 am

Re: 12-12-17 Need some time alone with my thoughts

Post by JoybuzzerX » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:25 am

Alice Macher wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:04 pm
If Zii were a real person as opposed to a fictional character, I'd be appalled at the callousness being shown in this forum toward her obvious pain. Since she isn't real, I'm merely confused by it. Is she really such a monster that she doesn't deserve any reader sympathy whatsoever? (Note: that was a rhetorical question, so wiseacre "Yes she is, LOL" responses are not necessary.)
It's because she's fictional that people are willing to be that way. If you see your friend acting that way, you may say something you may not, you may think differently of a close friend doing something and someone else.

This being a web comic, people are going to be much more willing to watch them burn. :p

Of course, in this day, people do seem to make those comments about living people they have no idea if it's true, if it's being taken out of context, or what have you.

Basically, people suck and it's the internet :p

User avatar
LegendaryKroc
Posts: 692
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:22 am
Location: In the Hall of the Mountain King

Re: 12-12-17 Need some time alone with my thoughts

Post by LegendaryKroc » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:46 am

Spidrift wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:59 pm
LegendaryKroc wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:29 pm
Allow me to apply Occam's Razor to this situation: The place they're in right now is a rehearsal space, or so I'm told, and Erik is a band manager. There are at least three plausible reasons for him to be there, one of them being that his band is rehearsing in the room next door to Zii's and he probably came along to check up on them, especially with the news they have two new members and dumped an old one. For Gary (art-related games company employee who is a little caught up at the moment), Peggy (a nurse who could easily be on shift right now) and Ruby (who is native to another comic and has her own things to deal with, if they ever come back to SDB), the writers would have to invent some plot contrivance to have them show up just in time to find her crying here.
All true in a way, and you’re perfectly correct that Erik is one of the few characters who could logically be introduced at this place and time. But the decision to introduce any character at this precise place and time is arbitrary. A trivial bit of writing could set things up differently. Just for example, the story could have cut to Zii staggering into the apartment looking depressed, and bumping into Gary or Peggy in the kitchen. (Ruby would of course be harder, and I only mentioned her because I like her as a character, but meh, even she could have been dropped in somehow.) I don’t believe that the writers said “We need to bring someone into the rehearsal room; who could it be?”; I reckon they went “Now we bring Erik in; how do we do that?”

Which may of course yet work fine as a story decision. We’ll see.
Well as an Ma3 fan, I'm so used to people bursting in on other people mid-coitus for the sake of a joke that it barely fazes me to see someone suddenly arriving on-set for the sake of the plot, even if no one is having sex. I guess I've just learned to roll with it by now. And it seemed to me like Zii just doesn't have the will to get in her car and drive home right now (or worse, walk/catch the bus back); she's emotionally drained and needs an outlet for her sadness and remorse that doesn't require her to engage in difficult or strenuous activity beforehand. In that regard, it makes perfect sense to me, but I see your points.
Spidrift wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:59 pm
And I can't understand how you can hate DiDi and rag on about her like she's evil incarnate but then turn around and root for Sonya, who is at least as bad as her in all the respects you just described. The only reason I can see she doesn't have a similar bodycount is that unlike DiDi she has had a laser-like focus on one person rather than carelessly wandering around seeking an experience rather than a particular person. People often don't understand each other.
Clearly not. I don’t hate DiDi; I try to hate as few people as possible, especially imaginary people. It’s bad for the soul. I do think that DiDi is written as a badly warped character, rendered just about incapable of normal human interaction by her weird experiences. (If anyone like her could exist in real life, I’d advise avoiding her as much as possible; she’s a bit of a menace.) If this wasn’t a light comedy, somebody as damaged as her could easily be a monster, in a way that even the creepiest minor overt villains in the comic aren’t. Her record really does speak for itself.

Conversely, Zii and Sonya and most of the others are just written as human beings. Significantly flawed human beings in many cases, for sure, but I’m a human being myself; nothing human is alien to me. And some of them (yep, including Sonya) are kind of interesting because of all their flaws.

Which said, my head-canon for Sonya does have her looking like a more human version of DiDi, in that I reckon she too became far too attractive far too young, so that she gave up thinking and started getting by on her looks. But she’s not supernatural, unlike DiDi, so she seems more salvageable.

(P.S. Could you try to respond to one of my posts without calling me a Sonya fanboy? I get the feeling that you haven’t read anything I’ve written for about three years.)
Okay, I'm sorry. I know I can say things that aren't accurate in the heat of the moment. I do my damndest to be polite and respectful most of the time, but emotions can get the better of me just the same as anyone here. And things I consider to be logically or morally inconsistent are something that really drives me up the wall; I don't see you as a Sonya fanboy, but it is nevertheless clear, between DiDi and Sonya, who you prefer, which is why it bothers me when you use very harsh terms to describe DiDi that to me would just as easily apply to Sonya. And while I vaguely remember some of our past discussions off the top of my head, I remember more clearly you discussing how this comic could easily be about Sonya realising her development, while I view most of the developments she's made as negative given what kind of person she's become over the years.

Another thing I don't understand is this: If you don't hate DiDi, why have you in the past found fault with what was arguably a good thing to do? I asked you how refusing to cheat on Zii was a bad thing, and you said it was all about her... somehow. (I may not remember everything you've said around here, but I've paid attention to your posts, alright.) You may not hate DiDi, but at times it feels like she has literally no win condition in your programming. Or maybe you were just in a bad mood that day; I'm not a long-distance mind reader (or even a short-distance one for that matter) and don't have the full context.

Furthermore, why could I go back to old posts and quote you as calling her "an irredeemable monster of selfishness", or (as seen up the page) "literally heartless"? Those are pretty loaded and hyperbolic phrases. If I were to to use such language to describe a character, it would only be a character I absolutely, positively despised, like the Joker and Harley Quinn in several Batman enterprises. And since this forum lacks the benefits of face-to-face conversation, what I read in your comments may be being said as loudly and vehemently as William Shatner screaming "KHAAAAAAAAN!" or as flatly and laconically as a fax machine or the Auto-Pilot in Wall*E; without visual or audio cues to help convey the emotions or logic behind your argument, I have to take you at your written word. And sometimes that can result in miscommunication. Nevertheless, I have great respect for you and generally enjoy our debates and discussions most of the time. However, when something you or someone else has said riles me up, that brings out the worst in me.

As regards to DiDi and Sonya themselves and the redeemability or lack thereof for either? Both of them have such toxic personalities that I don't have any preference between them, but I've always found DiDi more redeemable myself. She may be crazy and have deeply-rooted issues, but they can almost certainly be worked on if the writers decide they're worth the time and find the right person to do it. And the fact her mind is so warped brings more sympathy from me, as someone who has his share of social problems and issues interacting with other people - but not delusions or narcissism, thankfully. Sonya, on the other hand? the fact she doesn't have major psychological issues is just the problem with her for me: I haven't seen any evidence she's not happy with being who she is and wants to change, or that getting a taste of her own medicine has made her want to shape up and be a better person. She's still the same dumb, manipulative, egomaniacal cow who broke up a relationship via engineered cheating for her own ends but cried foul when she was cheated on herself, and that makes all the difference for me. I've said it several times before, but I just feel like I have to say it again.

Whew, long post.

User avatar
worldshaking00
Posts: 716
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:32 pm
Location: My little slice of Hell in Arizona

Re: 12-12-17 Need some time alone with my thoughts

Post by worldshaking00 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:48 am

I don't think Erik and Zii will goink the other. There's no solid good reason. Erik is an ex, and one that has gotten over Zii presumably. The "ghost of relationships past" usage, I think, will work out well for his character here... not just because we are quickly approaching the Yuletide ourselves in real life. Is it too late for Ebenezer "Zii" to change? Will there be a Marley, Tiny Tim, or other of the Christmas ghosts appearance? It would be interesting to think so.

BTW @sailordh, Erik is not fronting for the Troublemakers; he is managing Angel's band (and I assume putting in some bucks too). AFAIK, Jung is managing and maybe doing some funding for the Troublemakers. I also assume that everyone was pitching in for the rehearsal studio.

I count myself in the "Zii needs to face her punishment" camp. While I don't enjoy tasting her tears, she does need to fall down several pegs. Then she can climb back out a better person, hopefully. I am a sucker for stories with a moral, and I am hoping we will see Zii learn a lesson from her mistakes.

As far as Didi goes, and how the forum doesn't seem to hate on her as much as Zii, I have a few theories. She is pretty and stacked; the stereotypical nerdy male target audience will gush over her, perhaps giving her a pass. She is dumb, or at least portrayed as a bimbo; can things really be her fault if she can't mastermind an evil thought? The answer is, of course, is that she is so self-centered and so used to getting anything/everything she wants that she is more like a force of nature destroying things/people around her. She doesn't realize most of the time that she, or her Didi effect, is so infectious and debilitating... sometime after the fact she accepts fault though. Also, puppy dog eyes. In short: evil because of ignorance and naivety and beauty. She smothers her victims with affection (Kylie) or ignores them once their usefulness to her ends (most of the rest of the male populace of Montreal).

Zii's lusts are her main downfall, compounded by a healthy dose of selfishness. She makes her choices, even if rashly. She pretends to be all knowing and world savvy, but she hasn't had to really learn empathy & respect for others. It also doesn't help that she is oftentimes drawn mischievously or cat-like, which helps to reinforce the traditional cat-like stereotype of being a hedonist and a predator. Because she is so savvy and in control, yet abandons her responsibilities at a whim, she gets the hate.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

GKNolan
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:12 am

Re: 12-12-17 Need some time alone with my thoughts

Post by GKNolan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:53 am

I think the Didi hate isn't as strong because she's less a person than a force of nature. A platonic ideal of lust that those who thirst will drink from but inevitably be left parched.

That having been said: the Didi hate is pretty strong.

Post Reply