07-12-17 Like Sonya did

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

themacnut

Re: 07-12-17 Like Sonya did

Post by themacnut »

But, but Spidrift...it's such fun to add that to the pile of mistakes we're using to burn Ms Nielsen at the stake with ;) . Seriously though, while her dalliance with Jerzy had nothing to do with the implosion of her last band, it is the reason for her ongoing feud with Angel, and why he was right there to happily poach Sonya and Yuki away from her latest band.

And since Angel was right there to poach them away, IMO it will be easier for Zii to blame Angel for it all than to do any serious self-examination of her part in the mess. Especially since her part involved such good feelings with DiDi. But I could be wrong, the next strip or two will tell.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

She can try blaming Angel, and maybe get away with it if she just sits around moping about how she's been done wrong. But as soon as she tries confronting her enemies, she's going to get slapped down - hard enough if it's just Angel taunting her about her band came to him begging for a chance to play with someone professional, even harder if Sonya and Yuki are there to tell her some hard truths.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

cheshire86

Post by cheshire86 »

Welp, looks like the Troublemakers have left the building. Long live Zii and the Helpers! :D

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

I would have to agree with themacnut in that Zii is probably going to blame Angel for the current situation.

brasca

Post by brasca »

cheshire86 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:56 pm
Welp, looks like the Troublemakers have left the building. Long live Zii and the Helpers! :D
Sounds like a band you’d hire for high school public service announcements.

Ophelianime

Post by Ophelianime »

Well I must say that Zii getting angry is a dissapointing reaction, although I guess I shouldn't be surprised. My prediction is that she will blame Sonya for manipulating the situation and stealing Yuki away as part of a vengeful plot. Which is exactly what happened, but that's besides the point. It's dissapointing that Zii is leaping straight into anger and blame rather than reflecting on how exactly this all came to pass. Although again, I probably shouldn't be surprised.
On another note, did anyone notice that Zii seemed to have completely forgotten about Sonya until just this moment? I mean, the last time Sonya crossed Zii's mind was right after she screamed that she was quitting the band. At that point, thanks to Peggy, Zii seemed dangerously close to feeling remorse for the first time. (excuding the Transformer incident) But I guess she got over it at lightning speed, because the few times we've seen her between now and then she's been diving into Didi. And when Yuki called her to ask, Really? You're just going to let her walk? Her response was basically to shrug and say "We'll just replace her." Granted, her mind was somewhere else at the time (between Didi's legs) but still, that's just a whole new level of COLD! Although again, I don't know why I'm surprised.
Personally, I don't think either Sonya or Zii is innocent in all this. Sonya's relentless pursuit of Zii led her to lie, manipulate, and deliberately attempt to sabotage her relationship with Eric. If she had just accepted that Zii didn't feel the same and moved on before all this, she could have avoided a lot of pain.
That being said, Zii grew increasingly insenstive, callous, and generally did not consider Sonya's feelings at all throughout all of this. If she had occasionally paused and considered how her actions affected other people, she could have avoided not only this, but a whole HOST of things!

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:49 pm
The other question is whether she'll talk to another grown-up about her problems. She knows that she won't get much sympathy from Peggy, but again, she ought to think about why that is. I suspect that she might try turning to Gary for moral support, only for him to have one of his "actually, umm, you're sort of, er, in the wrong" moments. And I'd love to see her explain the whole thing to Ruby, only for Ruby to just look at her. But I suspect that's unlikely.
My memory may be off, but it seems to me she only has in-depth talks with people if she herself is crashing emotionally or when she feels she's in control and laying down the law. She's not quite primed yet...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Ophelianime wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:25 pm
At that point, thanks to Peggy, Zii seemed dangerously close to feeling remorse for the first time. (excuding the Transformer incident)
I seem to recall her looking quite regretful at times after Erik dumped her. She does have a conscience; she just works very hard at burying it. When Ruby called her on the ethics of her photo collection... Giz managed some wonderful sheepish/desperate forced smiles. Ditto when she recalled goinking Jerzy and the bust-up with Angel.
Error of Logic wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:21 pm
My memory may be off, but it seems to me she only has in-depth talks with people if she herself is crashing emotionally or when she feels she's in control and laying down the law. She's not quite primed yet...
Yeah, she has to be down fairly deep before she’ll admit to needing help. She may get there soon now, if she doesn’t jump too far into denial first.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Khazuki

Post by Khazuki »

...why couldn't Zii just *not* answer the phone will eating Didi out?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

What? In 2017? Not answering your ’phone is rude. Even if you are eating at the time.
---------
Spidrift

someone

Post by someone »

Run, Terry. Run. Don't walk. Don't seek validation from these nutcases. Run and save yourself!

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Well, back from the hospital, it is pretty sweet to see a couple new strips in a row - and Zii choking on consequences is very welcoming.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:58 pm
Yes, previous to that (so far as I can work out), Zii screwed Jerzy, with whom Angel is obsessed, which is what destroyed her songwriting partnership with Angel. However, she claimed that she thought that Angel was strictly into women at the time -- and as she was in mid-orgasm when she said that, I doubt that she was in a fit state to lie. Furthermore, this was apparently when Jerzy was specifically denying being Angel's boyfriend (because those two are frankly messed up together). So while Zii has frequently been an idiot, that particular screw-up appears to be entirely down to Angel.

The way Zii treated Angel and how she treated Sonya are one in the same; in both cases, Zii had an excuse for her actions - even though she was well aware (or should have been) that her actions would end up hurting someone she claimed to care about.

In Angel's case: Sure, Zii knew Angel was obsessed with Jerzy; but, Jerzy and Angel weren't a couple at that point - and besides! - Angel was only dating women, at that time; so, Zii sleeping with Jerzy was totally okay and Angel simply overreacted.

In Sonya's case: Sure, Zii knew that Sonya was utterly obsessed with her; but, Sonya said that she was okay with having a 'friends with benefits' arrangement (i.e. - no commitments!). So, it's totally okay for Zii to have sex with Didi in Sonya's apartment; even though Sonya made it clear she was not okay with that. Zii and Sonya weren't a couple - so, Sonya is simply overreacting.

Unless an epiphany kicks Zii squarely in the ass so hard that it sends to crashing head first into a concrete wall, Zii is never going to acknowledge her part of the blame in these messy breakups. In her view; it;s everyone else overreacting.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Mordhaus

Post by Mordhaus »

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite comic on the Internet.

Zellgato

Post by Zellgato »

Vitocap wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:37 pm
Aww, Izz.

She's the most pure-hearted, innocent, angelic character in this story. :x

And to think y'all were certain she was a crazy stalker, or a deranged schemer who wanted to replace Zii, or some other variety of psycho...
I can't tell if that was sarcastic...

because for a while now I can not help but see Izz as being far more aware of whats going on, very snarky, and just happily taking opportunites to engender closer to Zii.
More so in this and the last one... very much feels like she's playing at being foolish. and not very well..
She obviously knew what Yuki meant... considering she went and got a bass... so they wouldn't lose time.

Izz isn't friends with any of them though, so she has no need to be nice to any of them. She knows what she's aiming for and is just aiming for that.