02-12-17 Pratique with ton groupe musical

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Spidrift

Re: 02-12-17 Pratique with ton groupe musical

Post by Spidrift »

Uh, yeah. Sonya and Yuki have switched allegiances from Zii to Angel. They have, literally, replaced one with the other.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Well, it's a partial upgrade.
Angel is no more mature than Nielsen, but (s)he is much more constant in their affections and seems more focused on the business of music.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

You say "constant in affections", I say "frighteningly obsessive". And wanna bet which way Angel would jump if the choice was between music and Jerzy?

Now, Angel does prefer the Beatles to Kiss, which scores something in my book...
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

If by "constant" you mean "do what I want of you when I demand it of you, yelling at you, and do it well or I'll YouTube a video of me kicking you from the band" then yes, they are quite constant.

If by "affections" you mean their love life, I think that Angel has a smaller stable of people than Zii has ever had, yes. If by "affections" you mean the demeanor of being a general emotionally sensitive hysterical jackass-most-of-the-time, I'd have to compare that to Zii being a selfish perpetual horn-dog most-of-the-time and say that Zii & Angel are just about equal in their "affections."
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I mean at least Angel isn't tomcatting around bars, driving one night stands insane as a ground state of being.
The intensity of the drama may be the same, but there is less quantity of and potential for it - normally speaking.

uzivatel

Post by uzivatel »

Spidrift wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:20 pm
Uh, yeah. Sonya and Yuki have switched allegiances from Zii to Angel. They have, literally, replaced one with the other.
They did not replace Zii with Angel. They quit Zii's band joined Angel's band.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Error of Logic wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:02 pm
I mean at least Angel isn't tomcatting around bars, driving one night stands insane as a ground state of being.
The intensity of the drama may be the same, but there is less quantity of and potential for it - normally speaking.
Angel’s relationship with Jerzy slips well into scary obsessive stalker territory. Zii is merely casual and heartless in her love life. Zii may be a danger to more people, but Angel is a much, much bigger danger to fewer people. I’d certainly find Angel scarier.

(For Heaven’s sake, Angel controls who Jerzy can talk to. That’s a “run like hell and don’t look back” red flag all on its own.)
uzivatel wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:35 pm
Spidrift wrote: Uh, yeah. Sonya and Yuki have switched allegiances from Zii to Angel. They have, literally, replaced one with the other.
They did not replace Zii with Angel. They quit Zii's band joined Angel's band.
By their choices, they went from having Zii as their musical leader figure to having Angel in that role. Relative to them, that’s replacing one with the other.
---------
Spidrift

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy »

CEOIII wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:27 am
If Teddi believes she is a she, she. Is. A. She. Full fucking stop.
Yeah!
you tell them! preach on, bro! PC FTW!

and here's another one:

If a woman believes she is not a lesbian, she. Is. Not. A. Lesbian. Full fucking stop.

uh...
no......
wait a minute...... :-?

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

This is getting silly. Why can't I avoid seeing this reactionary crap, no matter where I go?
**== **== **== **==

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:28 am
That’s a four-string in that strip. Hence, bassist.

Making the Pretty Boyz a trio would keep the plot simple at this point; I can’t imagine much reason to add the complications of a fourth player. But who knows?
I pictured a keyboardist.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Would seem in keeping with Angel's style, I must say. (Heck, I kind of imagine Angel's ideal band as consisting of Angel on vocals and two brilliant synth techs. But I've probably seen Alison Moyet live too recently.) However, I suspect that Giz tends to default to classic rock assumptions.
---------
Spidrift

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Post by Fen »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:57 am
If a lesbian said she found a man off putting, you wouldn't bat an eye.

If a gay man said he found a woman off putting, you probably wouldn't bat an eye.

A straight guy says they find a trans woman off putting, and you think "Hey! Burn in fire!"

You sir (or ma'am...no idea...really doesn't matter though) are what's wrong with society today :) Congrats!
Ugh, stop victimising yourself. Yeah sure, as gays we find the opposite unfit for romantic relationships, but there is a difference between that and finding them off-putting. We are not against them. We don&t want them to announce their status everywhere they go. We do not want them out of our sight and mind. We do not imply or state that it is ok for them to be excluded from society. We do not want them to disappear, hide, or change who they are. We just don't want to sleep with them. And if you think no one bats an eye if you say even that, you clearly do not understand what it is like to be gay in this world. We get people telling us we will change our mind *all the time*, we feel forced to try them out, we feel unfit in this world because there is something wrong with us for not wanting to sleep with them. We get assaulted, fired, beaten up or even murdered for it. Life is not the pink-skyed world in which everything is great and we have achieved wonderful equality between gays and straights.

There is a serious difference between how a gay man talks about a cis woman and how most cis people talk about trans people. Ignoring the fact that, unfortunately, a lot of cis gays are also transphobic.

But sure, the fact that some people are dramatic over the internet is what is wrong with the world today. Knock yourself out. I just wish I would live in your little utopic world where that is the greatest of my problems. Ugh.
One day I'm gonna lose the war.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

Ah, handbasket sweet handbasket. Been a while...

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Fen????? :-o :-o :-o :-o

Hrm, I seem to remember from way back when you had a boyfriend... Well, whatever.
CEOIII wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:27 am
2 asides:
a) If Teddi believes she is a she, she. Is. A. She. Full fucking stop.
b) Trans women are NOT "off-putting". If you believe otherwise, I stand by my initial statement re you and fire.
/:)

Before attacking people for alleged bigotry and transphobia, you might do a bit of research first. As others have pointed out, Teddi/Teddy is a guy in a supernatural fantasy comic who got physically turned into a (voluptuous) woman by getting injected with some mix of succubus and reaper blood. That has absolutely nothing to do with gender disphoria. At least to my best understanding, he remains a guy "inside" though he has more and more used his female body for certain things...
LegendaryKroc wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:14 am
worldshaking00 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:15 am
I just noticed that. Weird. Editted it, as it wouldn't let me delete the post. Mods: sorry for the janitorial duty, but it wouldn't let me delete it. ^:)^
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Sometimes, forums are just weird without any explanation.
I can't exactly tell you WHY it's that way, but it's normal behaviour. If your post is the last one in the thread, you can modify it without getting a notice beneath it, and you can delete it. Once someone else has made a new post (like the one telling you your post was doubled ;) ) you can't delete it anymore.

Anyway, someone please get that Terry a cloth. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

How interesting. Thank you for the information Don.