02-12-17 Pratique with ton groupe musical

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

User avatar
brasca
Posts: 3389
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:04 am

Re: 02-12-17 Pratique with ton groupe musical

Post by brasca » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:07 pm

Error of Logic wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:05 pm

Although I feel just a little bad for Terry, I am looking forward very much to the look on Ms. Nielsen's face when she realizes what has happened and remembers she did it to herself.
Agreed. Even if he was a terrible drummer that's a low blow.

It remains to be seen if Zii can do anything with this band. Izzy may be more than she appears, but Terry is a complete unknown. He might actually be a good drummer, but can't take Angel's directions. I still think that the rest of the band quit Angel and Terry was the only one without enough guts to go along with the group. While I agree that Zii needs a life lesson right about now and it would be cliche for her to turn things around with this group it's not unprecedented since she managed to do the same with her last band. Sonya was surprisingly talented on bass and Yuki's problem as a drummer was related to interpersonal problems not talent.

EvilSnack
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:50 am

Re: 02-12-17 Pratique with ton groupe musical

Post by EvilSnack » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:15 pm

And if it turns out that Izzy and Terry are rubbish, will this be where we find out what, if any, musical talents Didi and Gary have?

Didi is physically larger and more powerful than most women, so she can handle a bass and can probably beat the holy {filtered} out of some drums.

Gary is the introverted type who delivers the support so that a frontperson like Zii can flourish, making him right for the other half of the rhythm section.

Now only if they can actually play...

User avatar
Vitocap
Posts: 322
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 5:02 am

Re: 02-12-17 Pratique with ton groupe musical

Post by Vitocap » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:28 pm

"I just traded my guitar for a bass guitar."

Say what?
Like, that morning, she woke up and decided to go to a pawnshop and trade her old normal guitar for an old bass guitar? Just like that?

Image
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

User avatar
Fluffy
Posts: 3359
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: 02-12-17 Pratique with ton groupe musical

Post by Fluffy » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:29 pm

Spidrift wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:16 pm
Zii was evidently losing the plot even before tonight’s deep draught of DiDi; how did she think the practice would work when she already knew she was down a bass player?
Seeing how wrapped up she is with banging Didi as often as she can; it probably slipped her mind that Sonya had quit the band. Either that, or she thought Sonya was just being overly dramatic and wouldn't actually go through with quitting.
Now, are the Electric Toyz still in the next practice room? Not that it’d be smart for Zii to go see them; faced with Angel’s gloating, Sonya’s contempt, and Yuki’s anger, I think that Zii would wither
Oh, I sincerely hope Zii tries to confront them; maybe having two ex lovers and an ex friend berating her for holding her raging libido as a higher priority than the welfare of her band might finally smash some sense into Zii's head.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

User avatar
Error of Logic
Posts: 5674
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: 02-12-17 Pratique with ton groupe musical

Post by Error of Logic » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:46 pm

themacnut wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:58 pm
And then she still gets to go home to DiDi. :-w
Even Gary figured out that hot Amazon sex is not the prize it first seems, if it comes attached with Désirée Chastel's egocentric and selfish personality.
Give it time, and either those two women need to learn to mature ... or they'll crash and burn.

Antinerd
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:37 pm

Re: 02-12-17 Pratique with ton groupe musical

Post by Antinerd » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:17 pm

Prediction: Sonia and Yuki will come crawling back to Zii on their hand and knees.

You read it here first.

User avatar
worldshaking00
Posts: 933
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:32 pm
Location: My little slice of Hell in Arizona

Re: 02-12-17 Pratique with ton groupe musical

Post by worldshaking00 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:52 pm

Error of Logic wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:49 pm
Then I hope she goes over. She could use a good withering.
+1 for this. Confrontation is required.
themacnut wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:58 pm
...unless Zii is still a creators' pet, in which case we will see her whip this pathetic grouping into a real band and whup Angel's Electric Toyz. And then she still gets to go home to DiDi. :-w
Zii is, but artists sometimes give their pets problems so they can make them soar higher. I don't know how deep the creative team intends to go down this path; but considering the 4-panel architecture & the fact that Ma3 is vaguely Archie-like in drama followed by a gag, I expect Zii will survive.

@fluffy, I disagree. I think that Zii did not want to face up to her responsibilities... combined with getting some Didi action. I grant you, Sonya is dramatic. And, Zii thinks her shit doesn't smell. Zii was not privy to knowing that Angel was in need of more competent band members, and if Zii was doing her job as being the band's front runner she should value the treasures she has. That is Zii's biggest problem in my opinion: always looking for something new & better. It manifests in her wandering eye/hands/tongue syndrome. It made her lust after Didi so hard, despite Zii not really knowing a damn thing that Didi does with her life.

@antinerd, please gods no. They have no reason to go back to her as band members (as of right now). Yuki and her could still be friends, if strained ones due to Zii ignoring her band responsibilities for a piece of tail. Sonya has even less reason, a fact she will probably hold onto with her dying breath.

Accidental double post removed. The DAMNed
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Antinerd
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:37 pm

Re: 02-12-17 Pratique with ton groupe musical

Post by Antinerd » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:40 pm

worldshaking00 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:52 pm
@antinerd, please gods no. They have no reason to go back to her as band members (as of right now)
Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side.

There are not one but several reasons this will happen. If I had to choose it would be that both fillies -- as P.O.ed as they might be at the moment -- still will crave Zii's affection and above-all her approval. Self-centered bitch that she is. That just makes them want it more because it is harder to get.

User avatar
LegendaryKroc
Posts: 776
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:22 am
Location: In the Hall of the Mountain King

Re: 02-12-17 Pratique with ton groupe musical

Post by LegendaryKroc » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:24 am

Initial thoughts: DiDi looks lovely as always, and unlike someone from another comic I could mention, it's not off-putting by knowledge of her secretly being a dude. I'm well-aware of her not-ideal personality, before anyone tries to remind me, but compared to all the other crap going on around her, she really doesn't stand out as especially bad right now. Also, I see Zii is actually facing consequences for her actions, which should assuage anyone who wants to complain about Zii being a Karma Houdini, as long as they keep this up and don't let her cop out of facing up to those consequences and facing atonement - not that I think they will, but you never know. And of course, Izz is a few instruments short of an orchestra, but what else is new? Lastly, that is one sad drummer they've got there too. That at the very least should make an interesting strip on Tuesday. :D

Broader view: You know, I see a bunch of people wanting Zii to suffer harshly for her actions, or to end the comic with nothing. I won't say I want her to suffer, but it is the logical follow-up from her careless and selfish actions; however, I want it to lead to a Jerkass Realization, and after the guilt settles in for a while, character growth and possibly redemption. I know some of you are probably laughing at the idea, but Gary's generation of vertebrae has given me hope that it's Zii's turn to make honest-to-God changes in her life, and DiDi soon after. God knows that if we're going to see these characters get a satisfying ending they're all going to have to be better people than they were at the start of this. Kind of like in Peggy and Aggie, say. I'm not sadistic enough to want her to suffer for its own sake and then have nothing happen.

Likewise, with Sonya, I've made clear my stance on her in past threads, and it hasn't changed. Her myopic "Cheating is only bad when it happens to ME!" attitude lost me even before she quit the band and left for greener pastures, and unless I see an indication that her dramasexuality will be challenged and getting a taste of her own medicine will actually drive her to be a better person as well, which it doesn't look like happened at all, I can't in good conscience root for her to succeed in... whatever she plans to accomplish here. (On the other hand, I won't vigorously root against her as long as it leads to interesting plot developments, which it has right now.) Yuki I understand getting dragged into this, and will keep my faith in the writers of this strip in mind as we journey further into the unknown.

Wrapping up: I am furnished with an idea - before SDB went into hyper-sleep, Zii noticed Angel making out with a guy who was definitely not Jerzy. Could that come up later in this arc? Maybe as Zii's ace-in-the-hole once the full details emerge?

Also: @worldshaking00, you posted the same comment twice. I suggest you delete the second one - the mods probably will anyway if you don't.

User avatar
worldshaking00
Posts: 933
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:32 pm
Location: My little slice of Hell in Arizona

Re: 02-12-17 Pratique with ton groupe musical

Post by worldshaking00 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:15 am

I just noticed that. Weird. Editted it, as it wouldn't let me delete the post. Mods: sorry for the janitorial duty, but it wouldn't let me delete it. ^:)^

Kroc, I don't really want her to suffer for sadisms sake. I want her to get the justifiable punishments for her actions. And I also agree with you on Sonya's chaeating; she's not squeaky clean either. One could say she deserves a little recompense karmically for Zii's abandoning her; one could also say that Sonya deserved it for setting Zii up to lose Erik. Like you, I just want an entertaining story... preferably with some moral outcome.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Zellgato
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:47 pm

Re: 02-12-17 Pratique with ton groupe musical

Post by Zellgato » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:30 am

On thing I do enjoy about this... the fact that she says "Traded in my guitar for bass" means that.. Yuki came in and actually told her.
She didn't pull a Sonya and just vanish without any mention. (Because Sonya doing that also directly impacted Yuki, so she should've probably sent her a text at least)
Even if Yuki isn't the most fond of the newbie.. she at least has common courtesy and decency.
Granted.. It could easily have been.. "she had to come back for her guitar so she explained for convience sake"

I like to think that Yuki properly talked to her though. more so implied by the new guy being there.

CEOIII
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:01 am

Re: 02-12-17 Pratique with ton groupe musical

Post by CEOIII » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:19 am

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:24 am
Initial thoughts: DiDi looks lovely as always, and unlike someone from another comic I could mention, it's not off-putting by knowledge of her secretly being a dude.
If this is a reference to Claire from Questionable Content, you, good sir, can die in a fire.

JoybuzzerX
Posts: 1255
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:02 am

Re: 02-12-17 Pratique with ton groupe musical

Post by JoybuzzerX » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:53 am

dmh3000 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:27 am
Zii being at the same point she was when she entered the strip would work for the character, though I'm not sure if it'll happen. They'll probably want to go with a happier ending for these three, having Zii being at the same point wouldn't work for that unless she decides to quit music and be Didi's manager or something. Or maybe Gary gets her a job at his place as a composer for their new game.
Would there be any ending for them?

Neither EC or MC really got an ending.

JoybuzzerX
Posts: 1255
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:02 am

Re: 02-12-17 Pratique with ton groupe musical

Post by JoybuzzerX » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:57 am

CEOIII wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:19 am
LegendaryKroc wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:24 am
Initial thoughts: DiDi looks lovely as always, and unlike someone from another comic I could mention, it's not off-putting by knowledge of her secretly being a dude.
If this is a reference to Claire from Questionable Content, you, good sir, can die in a fire.
Is that comic still around? I recall reading it and then at some point finding it was just really terrible. Has it improved?

User avatar
LegendaryKroc
Posts: 776
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:22 am
Location: In the Hall of the Mountain King

Re: 02-12-17 Pratique with ton groupe musical

Post by LegendaryKroc » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:14 am

worldshaking00 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:15 am
I just noticed that. Weird. Editted it, as it wouldn't let me delete the post. Mods: sorry for the janitorial duty, but it wouldn't let me delete it. ^:)^
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Sometimes, forums are just weird without any explanation.
worldshaking00 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:15 am
Kroc, I don't really want her to suffer for sadisms sake. I want her to get the justifiable punishments for her actions. And I also agree with you on Sonya's chaeating; she's not squeaky clean either. One could say she deserves a little recompense karmically for Zii's abandoning her; one could also say that Sonya deserved it for setting Zii up to lose Erik. Like you, I just want an entertaining story... preferably with some moral outcome.
Well, I was hardly pointing fingers, but anyway. Yes, that I imagine is what most of us sane people reading this comic want: interesting stories and character development. We've been blessed with one of those on Gary's end, and the other one here. Now it's time to see if we can have both.
CEOIII wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:19 am
LegendaryKroc wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:24 am
Initial thoughts: DiDi looks lovely as always, and unlike someone from another comic I could mention, it's not off-putting by knowledge of her secretly being a dude.
If this is a reference to Claire from Questionable Content, you, good sir, can die in a fire.
/:) What? No. I was talking about Teddy (or should that be "Teddi") from this comic's neighbour, Dangerously Chloe!. That comic hasn't the tact or grace to handle a girl-who-is-actually-a-guy storyline with anything approaching dignity - just look through the last two chapters and you'll see what I mean.

What made you think I was talking about Questionable Content? I never talk about that comic around here, and I certainly wouldn't be comparing it negatively to the material on offer in these funnies, some of which have been downright painful on the really bad days.

Post Reply