That's extremely insulting to a great and funny band

Error of Logic

Re: 30-11-17 Without a second thought

Post by Error of Logic »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:23 pm
worldshaking00 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:04 pm
Her defection isn't unthinkable, but I would have hoped she would have tried to talk some sense into Zii.
Talk... some... sense? We are talking about Yuki here, aren’t we? In many ways the most deranged of this whole demented crew? Face it — it’s a fair sign of her progress that she’s holding any somewhat rational conversations about this with anyone, rather than just going round to visit DiDi (or Zii) with an axe. The idea of her staging a calm intervention with Zii here is ... somewhat out of character.
Hey now, Yuki's been showing great improvement over the course of the comic.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yeah. She can now have sex with a guy, provided that he's sufficiently addicted to rough sex...
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy »

Shinjischneider wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:35 pm
MoonshadowDark wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:44 pm
Punk Rock Garfunkel & Oates!
That's extremely insulting to a great and funny band
I have a mental image now of Gary telling Peggy: 'Fuck me in the ass 'cause I love Jesus!' :))

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:04 pm
I'm not a fan of Yuki jumping bands like that.

Why not? Zii's response made it clear she took the band for granted.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:27 pm
Yeah. She can now have sex with a guy, provided that he's sufficiently addicted to rough sex...
She can also end a relationship where she was exploiting the other person involved, admit she was crap to other people, and stop obsessing over the person who cranked up her insane-o-meter to 11 when they were in a relationship without the intervention of an axe or a chainsaw.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

True. She is, as the saying goes, Better - Not Right, But Better. Still, the idea of her conducting a calm intervention still seems a teeny-tiny bit out there. Kiley might if her insecurities didn't get triggered, Peggy could if she felt it was worth the hit to her energy budget, Ruby could try while struggling with her temper, but Yuki?
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Given the way Angel unceremoniously dumped the drummer I don’t think this band will be much of an improvement except Angel takes the band seriously.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:55 pm
True. She is, as the saying goes, Better - Not Right, But Better. Still, the idea of her conducting a calm intervention still seems a teeny-tiny bit out there. Kiley might if her insecurities didn't get triggered, Peggy could if she felt it was worth the hit to her energy budget, Ruby could try while struggling with her temper, but Yuki?
True enough. Still, you have to give her props for not actually screaming at Nielsen over the phone just now, even though she completely deserved it. Even now, she's not going berserk as such; the choice she is making may be on the rash side, but it is not outside the range of behaviour displayed by people generally considered to be more reasonable and less broken.

GKNolan

Post by GKNolan »

For all of Zii's selfishness and casual dismissal, she isn't malicious or narcissistic.
Angel is. Angel is the single worst person in the MA3verse.
None of this is going to end well for anybody.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Not malicious? Later apology aside, let's think back to a certain troll kid and what she did to him.
But indeed, this is unlikely to end well.

GKNolan

Post by GKNolan »

That was, well, vindictive. Not malicious.
If she did it for no reason, that's malicious.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Nielsen had a reason for screwing a kid's mother and terrifying him in his own home.
So does Angel have a reason for firing their drummer and transmitting it onto YouTube. Not to mention for hating Nielsen.
Is Angel then no longer malicious?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

brasca wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:49 pm
Given the way Angel unceremoniously dumped the drummer I don’t think this band will be much of an improvement except Angel takes the band seriously.
Angel is certainly flawed, but it’s possible that the issue there is genuine high standards. If Yuki and Sonya are genuinely up to scratch — and Angel has said they are — this might work okay-ish.

Now, Angel’s private life is a total mess; the situation with Jerzy, and the ensuing silliness toward Dillon, and the screaming tantrums toward Zii, really don’t look good. But it remains to be seen how widely that sort of stupidity spreads. Angel is certainly capable of genuinely caring for other people (e.g. Ramona)...
Error of Logic wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:17 pm
True enough. Still, you have to give her props for not actually screaming at Nielsen over the phone just now, even though she completely deserved it.
I got the impression she was kind of stunned by the scale of Zii’s betrayal. And Sonya maybe dropped the line before Yuki got over that. But okay.
GKNolan wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:58 pm
For all of Zii's selfishness and casual dismissal, she isn't malicious or narcissistic.
She’s capable of malice and narcissism on her bad days. She seems to rise to Angel’s bait much too easily, for one thing. But if it came to a morality contest, sure, I’d give Zii the win over Angel. Usually. When she isn’t drunk on DiDi.
Angel is. Angel is the single worst person in the MA3verse.
Ooh, now that’s a title with some stiff competition. Worse than slimeball Nathan? Worse than Yuki’s creepy egocentric father? Worse than smirking Yvan? Angel has at least shown signs of the potential to be a bit better.
---------
Spidrift

GKNolan

Post by GKNolan »

Nathan is the only competition. Nathan might actually win. I just didn't remember Nathan because he's such a non-character. Really the same could be said about the other two. Though I'm not sure I'd call either of them worse than Angel.