Post by Giz »

Storm-forge mystique

Re: 25-11-17 Jigsaw pieces

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

...RUN, Angel.

Badman!

Post by Badman! »

Part of me want to see Yuki to go with Angel and to have karma strike at Zii.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Wa, wa, waaa... Angel had better learn how to speak more literally if they are to not go insane from Sonya's impulsive, baffling remarks.

Anyway, since Yuki has learned of this dramatic development from Sonya, rather than Zii, plus her existing antagonism with (or at least against) DiDi, perhaps she will also defect to Angel's band? Yet, seeing how Angel immediately disregards their band mates if they can find someone better, maybe Yuki would have hesitation? Though, she probably won't pick up this nuance so simply.
Regardless, Yuki seems too loyal of a person to defect at this time, even with learning of Zii's self-absorbed apathy towards her own band; if she does decide to join Angel's band, it would befitting with her "Japanese and Canadian double politeness" to consult with Zii first.
Thus, Zii's accidentally awesome band will be nothing but her and an untalented - or just incredibly inexperienced - fangirl of Izz; the latter might also abandon her idol if she realises and doesn't forgive how Zii values her own self-gratification above everyone and everything else, thereby finally some sort of karmic retribution will strike Zii - probably not too significantly in her hedonistic personal life, but certainly be a setback for her supposedly precious music career.

Addendum: kudos for the characterisation of Yuki. For me at least, she went from one of the more irritating characters, to more promising, to annoyingly easy to manipulate, then finally to a rather interesting and likeable character (in spite of some still inexplicable decisions).

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I don't think that the comic will be subtle enough to have Yuki talk to Zii about this; she's impetuous, she's probably feeling betrayed, and she quite likes Angel (and kinda likes Sonya despite herself). And Zii's absence from two rehearsals in a row does make it look like she's abandoning the band. I suspect that Yuki will have been talked into defecting within a strip or two.

And whadya know -- Sonya is currently taking the slightly higher road of announcing that she's put the Zii thing behind her, rather than swearing revenge and spending all her time scheming. It may not last, and she may still be crying herself to sleep for all we know, but you never know, she may slowly be getting the hang of adulthood.

Now, let's see how Izzy reacts. I'm half-wondering if she'll have dyed her hair black and declared herself gender flexible by the end of the day.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Spidrift wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:07 am
I don't think that the comic will be subtle enough to have Yuki talk to Zii about this; she's impetuous, she's probably feeling betrayed, and she quite likes Angel (and kinda likes Sonya despite herself). I suspect that she'll have been talked into defecting within a strip or two.

And whadya know -- Sonya is currently taking the slightly higher road of announcing that she's put the Zii thing behind her, rather than swearing revenge and spending all her time scheming. It may not last, and she may still be crying herself to sleep for all we know, but you never know, she may slowly be getting the hang of adulthood.
Yuki point - yeah, that's a possibility, too.

Sonya point - I also considered that, although thought it was unlikely to be the *whole* truth. As we know, one of Sonya's most dominant (or frequent) traits is denial; she might be saying she wants to move beyond Zii and doesn't care about her anymore, however, with her long history of denial, it is plausible she isn't simply "moving on," but is also still scheming about something regarding Zii yet again.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Well, at minimum, she at least recognises that claiming to be taking the high road makes her look cooler. And if the Angel thing takes off, well, maybe she'll realise that living well really is the best revenge.

Incidentally, one of the several hanging cliffhangers, when Sticky Dilly Buns went on hold, was that Zii had discovered that Angel was seeing Richie behind Jerzy's back. Well, the context for that set of relationships has changed a bit now. I wonder how it'll be handled if and when SDB comes back next year, as promised?
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

Chantaru

Post by Chantaru »

Going with Angel IS her revenge.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

We have been building something with Izz since she showed up. Dropping little hints about her copying Zii’s life, hinting at her being a much better guitar player than she lets on, etc.

I think we’re about to get the payoff.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Given that Zii has mentioned playing bass herself, it did look possible that the Troublemakers could reconfigure if they could hang onto Yuki and keep Izzy focussed in her savant mode. Of course, if they lose Yuki, they’re down a drummer anyway.

Hmm. Add a drum machine and go all emo guitar duo?
---------
Spidrift

Bat-dork

Post by Bat-dork »

I kinda saw this coming, except for one thing. This looks more like a rare moment of honest conversation than one of Sonya's convoluted plans. I still feel the timing is too much coincidence, as Sonya has to know this is a Troublemaker's practice timeslot, but damn. This feels a lot more like plain Karma.

I am normally on Zii's side, but ditching practice and not telling your other band members is inconsiderate at best, douchebaggy at most, so if Yuki decides to leave the band, it will be a well-deserved kick in the shins for Zii.

I still think that Sonya deserved being ditched because of her constant obsessive attempts to break Zii away from anyone she was with, and that it was her fault too for trying to disguise love feelings under the pretense of casual sex. Yet, if she does mean what she is saying here, then she has made the first wise decision I can remember in a long time, so Kudos for you girl! I dislike you less now, and dislike Zii more in direct proportion!

Note: I actually like all characters in this webcomic, they have all brought a smile to my face over the years and I am sad their story will end on this volume. They are all good characters with flaws one may like or dislike, but if they were real, I'd hug them all.

Waker

Post by Waker »

Assuming Yuki does defect, I imagine it will be left to Ozzy to deliver the news to Zii. It's possible in the next few strips for her to interrupt Zii and Didi in medea res to ruin the mood.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

By Bat-O-Gram? He bites the head off as a metaphor for Zii's band aspirations?
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

uzivatel

Post by uzivatel »

I see the word defect, but would it really be the case? I mean, Sonya quit and Zii seems to be ignoring the band, which leaves Yuki as the only active member.