21-11-17 Whined loud

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Error of Logic

Re: 21-11-17 Whined loud

Post by Error of Logic »

Erik was one of several guys Chastel used in her hunt for the Big O. And he meant nothing to her. Nor did any of the others.
Given the blonde beast has become somewhat attached to Nielsen, their high may last longer.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

And if so, by the time Zii comes down off that high and remember she's supposed to have a band, that band is likely to no longer exist. And remember, DiDi got her O with Zii, so DiDi's going to be clinging to Zii for quite awhile longer herself (since Kiley, her first O-giver, is no longer available). They're in a mutual fog of lust right now, and that fog could go right past the end of this volume, and the end of this comic.

So samtheman may have it right, this comic may end with Zii and DiDi still in their own world blissfully goinking each other, uncaring of other concerns, including Zii's attempts at music stardom. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the final comics is Zii finally remembering to go to practice, finding herself all alone in the practice space (or locked out of said space since no-one's paying for it anymore), and standing there like an idiot wondering what happened. Meanwhile, we readers know because we got to see her band disintegrate piece by piece. And it'll probably be played as one of the final laughs, where Zii shrugs and says something like "Oh well, at least I get to go back home to my DiDi." The end.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy »

Listen...
Zii is dealing with her daily life as usual, she is not in a stupor... we know she's working normally at the comic shop... she's not out of touch with reality...

Zii didn't tell Yuki about Sonya & didn't go to practice for a reason: she prolly thinks she still can fix up things with Sonya... if y'are Zii it's the obvious thing to do: wait for Sonya to cool down then cajole her to stay in the band... and all will be fixed before Yuki finds out anything, it's what Zii's prolly thinking..... after all, she's always been the girl of teflon and bad karma just doesn't stick to her, so this will turn out right in the end!
and now we can see it won't work out like that, LOL

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

themacnut wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:36 pm
And if so, by the time Zii comes down off that high and remember she's supposed to have a band, that band is likely to no longer exist. And remember, DiDi got her O with Zii, so DiDi's going to be clinging to Zii for quite awhile longer herself (since Kiley, her first O-giver, is no longer available). They're in a mutual fog of lust right now, and that fog could go right past the end of this volume, and the end of this comic.

So samtheman may have it right, this comic may end with Zii and DiDi still in their own world blissfully goinking each other, uncaring of other concerns, including Zii's attempts at music stardom. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the final comics is Zii finally remembering to go to practice, finding herself all alone in the practice space (or locked out of said space since no-one's paying for it anymore), and standing there like an idiot wondering what happened. Meanwhile, we readers know because we got to see her band disintegrate piece by piece. And it'll probably be played as one of the final laughs, where Zii shrugs and says something like "Oh well, at least I get to go back home to my DiDi." The end.
I think that's a little overly cynical, but putting even that aside, the final strip will be an ironic repetition of the first strip's events, but playing out under different circumstances and very possibly for different reasons.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I am more inclined to believe Zii doesn't want to face her bandmates, or is trying to come up with some sort of angle to make Sonya out to be the bad one who left the band because of...well... not Zii. Being with Didi is her way of insulating herself from reality, being both a sexual high and someone to hide behind. Combining that with Zii's teflon-like past, it is logical to assume she thinks she can BS her way out of her issues... or have others forgive her (egotistically) because of who she is.

As I said before: she really is a bad friend most of the time. I mean, she doesn't go around kicking puppies or the like. But, she did completely forget about her cat. She's not entirely a horrible person, as she has her moments of kindness. But never forget: she is person number one, always.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

She did worse than forget Lita, she threw her under a bus by leaving her to soak up Sonya's feelings of grief and betrayal.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:26 pm
I think that's a little overly cynical, but putting even that aside, the final strip will be an ironic repetition of the first strip's events, but playing out under different circumstances and very possibly for different reasons.
I'm hoping the final strip of the comic mirrors the very first strip of the comic which was Gary walking in on Matt and Dillon having sex on the couch. Maybe for strip #1500 it will be Gary walking in on Matt having sex with James on the couch that would be hilarious.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Tomorrow’s strip could go at least two different ways, I note. We could just see Angel and Sonya making credible attempts to recruit Yuki, while Izzy stands around like a lemon trying to process all this. But equally, we might see Yuki and Izzy learning what’s happened from Sonya and going “Nooo! Must save beloved Zii from entrapment by large-breasted monster!” and rushing off on their own half-baked plan, which nonetheless reminds Zii that there are other things she ought to be thinking about.

Or something else. We’ll find out in twelve hours.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Turned out it was neither, Spidrift. Guess it went a third way. Nice guesses, though.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I try always to remember to add "or something else" to my guesses these days. As I did here. Because there are always other possibilities, especially if the writers are being a little relaxed with character or plot logic.

Though in any case, today's strip doesn't invalidate any guesses about what's next (and nor is it especially relaxed with character or plot logic). It juts kicks the question two days down the road for the sake of establishing some character stuff and repeating an old joke.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

True, but hey, none of us can predict what's going to happen with 100% certainty. Even the writers may have a plan that will be changed if it's called-for.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

The "grown-ups"? You're a good one to talk, Yuki...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)