16-11-17 You deserve the truth

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

LegendaryKroc

Re: 16-11-17 You deserve the truth

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Spidrift wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:35 pm
I wish I understood why James inspires such seething rage, though. I mean, the guy’s an idiot, and he’s been a cog in a couple of idiot plots, but it’s not like he’s exactly hateful. He’s just stuck with being a two-dimensional foil to Tracy and Gary, and the straw man in a couple of hurr-hurr-dem-shtoopid-feminists jokes.

I think I’m more irritated with Gary, actually, who after nine volumes of being a total pathetic fuckwit, suddenly gets the clue which the universe has been smacking him with all this time. If people want this current plot to go away, then it should be Gary who they should be hating. Because it’s a story about Gary, not James.
Well on top of all the reasons people have already listed off, he's symptomatic of al the worst parts of this comic: plots made possible by the idiocy of all involved, ridiculous logic reliant on double standards and dragging existing plots out longer than they need to by virtue of not getting a clue despite multiple offers. Oh, and while he may not be openly rude, he's not likely to win people over by saying and doing unconsciously-condescending things without a proper excuse. Especially not when the plot itself is predicated by those things he says and does. Notice how nobody likes Matt all that much?

MikeMcDuck

Post by MikeMcDuck »

magicrectangle wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:27 pm
You'd think the burning sensation in his urethra would have clued him in to the grapefruit the first time around, honestly.
Are MagicRectangle and I the only ones who think that having one's mucous membranes come into contact with the acid in a grapefruit would be rather painful? ^#(^

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Not saying I'd want to try a grapefruiting, but I thought the whole idea was to place the penis in the hole one cuts out of its center and basically have a regular BJ for the tip. Yes: it sure looks like Gary is juicing that grapefruit, rather than performing the way the video I linked earlier demonstrated. I suppose if one were talented enough with his fingers/hand... but I really don't need a better step-by-step of what Gary is doing. And obviously, even 'just the tip' (Yay, Archer fans) is more than Gary is wanting to intake.

Plus don't forget: James really has no idea what a BJ is supposed to feel like. To be blunt, Gary himself probably doesn't have a comparison for being grapefruited versus receiving an actual BJ. He's getting a sloppy handjob, but James is at Gary's mercy. I think James is turned on by the lack of control... and is confused in his own identity.

Lastly: comedic suspension of disbelief. Pain and citric acid's bad side effects only exists to further the plot when convenient. If it were hot sauce, even, it would only be used to make us laugh at the misfortune or bungling.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:05 am
Notice how nobody likes Matt all that much?
Oh, I dunno. Matt is a massively flawed person, but I think that even in real life (if he could exist in real life), he’d be kind of entertaining from a safe distance. His big flaw is vanity, and he has the get-out that it’s somewhat justified vanity. And when he tries, he can be a good guy.

But the real point is that when Matt appears in a story, people either hope that he gets hosed for his flaws, enjoy watching him blunder into his blind spots, or just sit back and roll with the plot. We don’t get many people screaming “HE’S A BAD PERSON AND I WISH HE’D GO AWAY”, the way they do with James. He’s allowed his place in the story, and not somehow held responsible for weaker plots where he happens to appear.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Bat-dork wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:58 am
And here I was, thinking black holes were some of the most dense matter in the universe
[Astrophysicist]
A-HEM!
Black Holes actually aren't matter anymore, they are flaws in a theory. General relativity tells us Black Holes are singularities in space-time where density becomes infinite, which is not tenable. But then, they are surrounded by an event horizon which prevents any direct interaction with the outside universe. I'll also point out that "Black Holes have no hair" - they are very simple objects, described by mass, spin, and charge, with the latter likely being irrelevant in the real world. Finally, there simply is NOTHING denser than a Black Hole. Anything as dense as a Black Hole IS a Black Hole.
[/Astrophysicist]

Anyway!

I guess James will now by Gary-Grapefruit-sexual. Tracy is not allowed to grapefruit him, too demeaning! [-X And no one else grapefruits as Gary does.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)