Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

16-11-17 You deserve the truth

Post by Giz »

OllieOrOlly

Re: 16-11-17 You deserve the truth

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Maybe not "deserve," but rather need to know the truth. It is a little icky Gary has to go so far to *prove* the grapefruit thing, but it isn't anything he hasn't done before. Aha.
James has gone from being just dumb to being dumb and obnoxious; perhaps it is a quirk that irritates me, but I end up disliking characters that are smugly dismissive even more than usual.

Anyways, the closer we get to severing ties with the stupid couple, the better. I may not like (or rather, strongly dislike) DiDi and Zii, yet it is more interesting to see characters interact with that storyline.
Though, James might not go away as soon as preferred, since he seems to be maintaining his sort-of-crush on Gary.

Khazuki

Post by Khazuki »

Blend him and feed him to dogs.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Called it! #-o

I get why Gary felt he had to do this (because, how else would he prove he wasn't making it up); but Gary has probably made things that much worse for himself by going through with this, now that James is convincing himself it only feels so good because Gary is holding the grapefruit while he jacks it.

And the fact that James looked so pissed at the idea that Tracy may have been blowing him, instead... ~X(

Seriously, James - do the world a favor and go play in traffic!
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Hogan

Post by Hogan »

Keep trying Gary! You are bound to break through his ideocy sooner or later!

Remember, it DID take this God-person 6 days to create earth... although he was up against less impossible odds... :-/

DocMesa

Post by DocMesa »

Tracey and James really are perfect for each other, given they both have a density normally associated with neutron star cores.

CEOIII

Post by CEOIII »

You have just insulted all neutron star cores. APOLOGIZE!!!

TheFoolishOne

Post by TheFoolishOne »

Poor Gary, he has now made it so James can only get off by having grapefruits rolled around on his genitals , alas the unintended consequences :D

SailorDh

Post by SailorDh »

Guess James is a bit fruity after all.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Okay, this plotline is sliding downhill again. It sort-of justified itself with Gary's burst of character development, because that was necessary and had been a long time coming, but now we've lurched into the unappealing specifics of an idiot being jerked off with a grapefruit - and there are so many things that I'd rather see the remaining 133 strips used for.

It'd have been better if the last panel had been replaced by a cut to the next morning at work, with James looking chastened and confused while Gary got onto whatever his plan in relation to Tracy might be. (I still hope that it involves convincing her to tell James about her second job.) Or are there people out there who actually find today's panel 4 hilariously funny and/or thrillingly erotic?
Last edited by Spidrift on Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Bat-dork

Post by Bat-dork »

And here I was, thinking black holes were some of the most dense matter in the universe, only to find James's brain is not only a contender for the title, but also a walking contradiction to the laws of physics. For instance, how can he say any of his lines in this comic, and not suck the light out of the room?

Fascinating!

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

By the way, can anyone provide the footnote for Gary's T-shirt today? "Bellybuttons" in decorative script?
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:54 am
Okay, this plotline is sliding downhill again. It sort-of justified itsel Or are there people out there who actually find today's panel 4 hilariously funny and/or thrillingly erotic?
Funny/thrilling/erotic? LOL, no - not even close. Gary looks super uncomfortable with the whole thing and James is spewing more idiotic BS by trying to convince himself that they're both gay/bi. Nothing remotely titillating about it.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

christopheftw

Post by christopheftw »

Don’t finish him off, Gary! Otherwise he’ll be over every day or two with another grapefruit and a puppy dog expression.

Isn’t it about time for a Ma3 style surprise walk-in? Zii could come in and have some character growth of her own as she learns her YAOI obsession is not worth her friend’s discomfort. Peggy could come in and read James the riot act. Matt could come in and help James explore his sexuality and get over his stereotypically strong first same-sex crush that brought him out of the closet.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Honestly, I’d rather move on to the next day and get on with Gary performing running repairs on the Tracy-James relationship. I’m pretty sure that’s wear this is going, and once they’re securely paired off and it’s established that Gary has discovered his social mojo, the comic can get on with other stuff.
---------
Spidrift