Another comic will follow tomorrow!

Platonix

Re: 15-11-17 On one condition

Post by Platonix »

Oh boy! Big reveal, here we come!

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Well, kudos to Gary's quick thinking: he can reveal the truth to James, while leaving an option with Tracy still open - though, in spite of some common interests and decent first impressions, I don't think even Gary would want to date Tracy; however, another possibility is that Gary is merely planning to reconcile the couple, so they will just leave him alone, as he has had enough experience with "drama-sexuals" to know that he cannot escape their warpath without providing a more appealing, or at least distracting, option.
It might seem a bit selfish of Gary to *repair* such an unhealthy, codependent relationship, yet it really isn't his problem, and James and Tracy have imposed enough, so I can't fault Gary if he is planning to lead them both back to their happy little delusion.
In any event, it is a rather "in character" way for Gary to reveal the grapefruit truth to James, since it also prevents Tracy from feeling embarrassment. Also, James is stupid... Goes without saying, but said it anyway!

Itrogash

Post by Itrogash »

That's impressive thinking for Gary. I like it.
I was hoping for grapefruit reveal, though
I hoped more on scene with Tracy. Like, she asks him why he was so against doing James if he already blown him, then Gary going "well, actually *whisper* *whisper*grapefruit *whisper*" , then scene pans out to view of Gary's workplace half covered by Tracy's laugher. Eh, but what happens here will be hilarous too, I bet.

Also, it's a bit pity this strip doesn't have one more panel which cuts straight to Gary telling Tracy "It did not work out".

Hogan

Post by Hogan »

Okay, looks like Gary have every intention of going full "Demolition Expert" on this volatile situation and especially getting his own situation straightened out... kudos for quick thinking and trying, good luck to succeeding...

Does this mean James will turn into a Fruitsexual now? :p

magicrectangle

Post by magicrectangle »

Gary decides the best solution is honesty? At this point it isn't so much character development as it is Gary has been replaced by a replicant.

Khazuki

Post by Khazuki »

Keep it down! We like him like this and don't want the writers to change their mind!

Quote removed. The DAMNed

christopheftw

Post by christopheftw »

Lol at the Yvan as catalyst cameo. Trope averted!

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:27 am
It might seem a bit selfish of Gary to *repair* such an unhealthy, codependent relationship, yet it really isn't his problem, and James and Tracy have imposed enough, so I can't fault Gary if he is planning to lead them both back to their happy little delusion.
I really don’t see them as codependent, and their relationship doesn’t seem that unhealthy. In fact, it seems energetically healthy, whenever their individual idiocies aren’t getting in the way. If Gary’s general plan is to drive it home to the pair of them that they don’t need to pester him, they’re fine as a couple... Well, Gary will not only have grown, he’ll have become a useful member of society.
magicrectangle wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:23 am
Gary decides the best solution is honesty? At this point it isn't so much character development as it is Gary has been replaced by a replicant.
Last volume following recent decision to wrap the comic. There’s quite a lot of stuff to tidy up. We’ll probably be seeing a few sudden character evolutions in the next year.

And I do like Tracy’s tragic pose in panel 3. Say what you will, the girl can emote.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

TheEighth

Post by TheEighth »

Time for some random speculation

Gary will show James Tracy's webshow
What's the big deal?~Misery from Ruby Gloom
Dakara Korosu/So I'll Kill You~Kei Munakata from Medaka Box
I Floop the Pig~ Finn from Adventure Time
Dangerously Cheesy!~ Chester Cheetah from Cheetos
What the Juice? ~Randy Cunningham from Randy Cunningham: Ninth Grade Ninja.
Groovy. ~ Ashley J. Williams from Evil Dead
Just let yourself go floppy.
For now this is your chance.
Pretend you have no bones
And do the Rubber Chicken Dance~ Cheese Sandwich from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I'm Appuhjack! Mowe appuh fwittuh?~ Baby Applejack from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
It's Taco Tuesday!~Sonata Dusk from Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks

YallNeedTweezus

Post by YallNeedTweezus »

Gary is starting to grow some massive clappers and I love it. He's had such great development since this started.
Mind the gap

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

TheEighth wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:01 am
Time for some random speculation

Gary will show James Tracy's webshow
Nah. That’s Tracy’s secret, Gary would be a major dick if he revealed it. That’s not him.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Mutant for Hire

Post by Mutant for Hire »

Gary has been replaced by a doppleganger or some other imposter. That's the only explanation I can think of.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

I can just see James not believe that Gary used a grapefruit on him. And with only ~130 strips remaining I hope this idiot plot wraps up soon. I really want to see what happens with Sonya joining Angel's band and how Zii reacts.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Agreed. This plot has at least turned out to be about Gary finally growing up, which is a way of closing off his story, and cool, nice to see he got there in the end, but — okay, we’ve got that now. There’s other stuff to deal with.

Though it’s Yuki’s response to Zii’s fuck-up that I'm curious to see.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.