15-11-17 On one condition

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

worldshaking00

Re: 15-11-17 On one condition

Post by worldshaking00 »

Fluffy wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:44 pm
My prediction on where this leads - Gary is honest about what happened, James doesn't believe him (because no way a fruit wrapped around his junk would feel that amazing) and insists Gary show him how it was done to prove what he says is legit.
IIRC, the 'magic' of the grapefruit requires that the recipient can't smell the grapefruit or know that he is actually being grapefruited. Hence why the strawberries and the blindfold the first time from Amber's advice to Gary.

There's a video you can look it up with the volume low or your headphones on if minors are within earshot.
I suppose there are kinkier fetishes that a person could get into, being knowledgeable and aroused at the prospect of a grapefruiting, so YMMV on the 'magic' part.

If James gets too offended, he could always seek some guidance.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:27 am
Well, kudos to Gary's quick thinking: he can reveal the truth to James, while leaving an option with Tracy still open - though, in spite of some common interests and decent first impressions, I don't think even Gary would want to date Tracy; however, another possibility is that Gary is merely planning to reconcile the couple, so they will just leave him alone, as he has had enough experience with "drama-sexuals" to know that he cannot escape their warpath without providing a more appealing, or at least distracting, option.
It might seem a bit selfish of Gary to *repair* such an unhealthy, codependent relationship, yet it really isn't his problem, and James and Tracy have imposed enough, so I can't fault Gary if he is planning to lead them both back to their happy little delusion.
In any event, it is a rather "in character" way for Gary to reveal the grapefruit truth to James, since it also prevents Tracy from feeling embarrassment. Also, James is stupid... Goes without saying, but said it anyway!
I think it's less keep Tracy an option and more of a way he plans to get them back together, maybe helping James get over his being an idiot.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Such progress! Really hoping Gary doesn't hit a wall soon.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I don’t know about hitting a wall, but if Gary suddenly turns into a confident social genius, it’ll strain my credulity. A bit of character development is fine and maybe long overdue, but a total character rewrite, just because we’re in volume-the-last, would be unconvincing. At most, he ought to have to learn to use his new powers best.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:07 am
IIRC, the 'magic' of the grapefruit requires that the recipient can't smell the grapefruit or know that he is actually being grapefruited. Hence why the strawberries and the blindfold the first time from Amber's advice to Gary.
Oh, I'm not saying it can't happen - I'm just saying James wouldn't believe Gary and demand he prove it.

And, now that the next page is up, I can safely say...called it. :ymsigh:
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

LarsenSan wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:51 pm
Also, since when liking grapefruits makes you a vegan? /:)
This...

Even if Gary were a vegan, James should realize that's not a full meal.

Tracy's disappointment in panel three is kind of heartbreaking. :( Despite all else, I wanna hug here and say "There, there." :ymhug:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)