07-11-17 See other people

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

JoybuzzerX

Re: 07-11-17 See other people

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Fluffy wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:02 am
I take back what I said earlier about Tracy.

Gary, tell them both to go to Hell.
Same. Lost all hope for Tracy when she said break up sex and fair for him to choose. :/ First, she knows he's not gay and then it puts Gary in the awkward position of choosing someone.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

magrathia wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:07 am
https://youtu.be/QEyqPISdEFc?t=6s

Just DON'T do it!
Hah! That video is a hoot!
Spidrift wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:27 pm
Well, if you’re going to invoke Streetcar...

“What is straight? A line can be straight, or a street, but the human heart, oh, no, it's curved like a road through mountains.”
I have no idea what that means, exactly, but I'm guessing it's about the heart being an illogical thing and romantic thoughts an oddity. Regardless, I don't really care what they do at this stage as long as they do it away from us, leave Gary to continue his character development and allow more interesting plot threads to come back into focus. Don't think that's too much to hope for.

Zafnak

Post by Zafnak »

Say no Gary! Say NO! Feel that stiffening spine you're developing and tell them as politely as you like, "Sorry, not interested."

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

I don't know, i still hope Gary hooks up with Tracy at least once.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

FFS. Here Gary let me help you with your answer:

Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:45 am
magrathia wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:07 am
https://youtu.be/QEyqPISdEFc?t=6s

Just DON'T do it!
Hah! That video is a hoot!
You're underpraising it. That video is the best thing since sliced bread. And it was uploaded in 2006! How come we are only now finding it exists?

Somebody send the link to Giz. She should do a strip where Gary is watching Australian TV and this ad starts to play right when another character tries to browbeat him into doing something he doesn't like.
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

DocMesa wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:43 am
Now where did I put those facepalm .jpegs.....
Here, I have a few you can borrow.
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:45 am
I have no idea what that means, exactly, but I'm guessing it's about the heart being an illogical thing and romantic thoughts an oddity.
To me, it means that one really shouldn't expect clarity or rationality in a story about sex and love. But perhaps I should just have suggested that Gary still Depended on the Kindness of Strangers.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

otaku247

Post by otaku247 »

Cortez wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:30 am
Me too, but not in this way. Tracy is clearly manipulating the fact she knows Gary isn't gay or even bicurious in order to assert herself over James in their silly game of oneupmanship they seem to be playing, and not stopping to consider if Gary really has any feelings towards her. In her head its so much an "offer he can't refuse" that he will choose her over James that she hasn't stopped to consider any other alternative. Gary probably cant just turn them both down given he doesn't want to make things awkward for himself in the workplace (yes I know that's more Tracy's problem if she can't deal than his, but having experienced similar awkwardness in the workplace myself I can relate.) Saying he has Peggy isn't really an option either as it may just put them into competition mode with the third party - regardless of how arguably true saying so may be.

While he does have some things in common with Tracy they don't extend anywhere near as much as they did with Sandra, who is elsewhere and in her own relationship (kinda) and in any case, it's Tracy's attitude towards what constitutes being in a relationship means that has me doubting whether or not Gary would even want that.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Cortez wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:30 am
Too much baggage associated with that hookup now. Maybe before she got involved with James (and James got "involved" with Gary), but not now, not when they're both using Gary in a game of one-upmanship with each other. Now, he needs to stay the hell away from the both of them as much as he's able.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Zellgato

Post by Zellgato »

Am I the only one half thinking, and half hoping. That Gary just stands up, without saying anything to them. Walks to the bosses office and gives him 2 weeks notice?

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

Um, you do realize it's his dream job, right?
And you do remember the lengths he -- and Zii -- had to go to get him that job, right?
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Yeah, there's no way Gary would quit this job.

themacnut wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:24 pm

Too much baggage associated with that hookup now. Maybe before she got involved with James (and James got "involved" with Gary), but not now, not when they're both using Gary in a game of one-upmanship with each other. Now, he needs to stay the hell away from the both of them as much as he's able.
I said hook up though , not get married.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Even with Gary being early Gary, that’d be 43 seconds too long.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Every time James says that Gary is attractive being manly or "what a man", is like i'm hearing Dillon talk...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...