28-10-17 Thanks for the advice

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

samtheman

Re: 28-10-17 Thanks for the advice

Post by samtheman »

Don't worry Gary's newfound spine and confidence will probably have some negative consequences in his life. Gary will learn the hard way that it won't be nearly as easy to walk away from Yuki when she wants to take him back by force if necessary.

EvilSnack

Post by EvilSnack »

The next episode could show Gary getting even more backbone. He walks into his apartment, sees Peggy, makes the first move.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Vitocap wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:17 pm
What, you no wanna more wrestling? :p
I'd accept that or see if Kiley has reconnected with Matt or if he's more interested in whatever he's got going on with Yuki now, but this triangle with Gary, Tracy, and James is of little interest to me.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I imagine we will see a cutaway to some completely different scene now, because this was that sort of scene-closing line. But the question that remains a bit open is what now happens between Tracy and James.

If Tracy was terminally pissed off with James's idiocy, and his problem is supposed to be his weird repressed gay tendencies, then they're done, whatever. Sad for them, but stuff happens. However, that puts Tracy back on the market for Gary, and sets James up as a potential unwanted gay suitor for him, which is probably more complication than the comic wants just now.

If, on the other hand, James's problem really is what he says it is -- a tendency to idealise women beyond the point of reason -- then Gary was right to tell them that they have stuff to work out between them. If the writers are obsessively tying up loose ends just now, that could mean Tracy finally finding her own courage, and telling James about her second job. (It's really a bit cowardly of her not to have done so.) Fanservice bonus version; she leaves him staring gobsmacked at a video on her PC, and comes back into the room when it finishes ... in costume.

So come adore me, but know I'm gonna fall
Off of this pedestal that I hope you've put me on.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

brasca wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:13 pm
I'd accept that or see if Kiley has reconnected with Matt or if he's more interested in whatever he's got going on with Yuki now, but this triangle with Gary, Tracy, and James is of little interest to me.
The fact that Kiley and Matt have been out of the comic for quite a while now tells me that they reconciled but Matt is still banging Yuki on the side and hasn't told Kiley. But Yuki is probably getting close to being "cured" and will soon go back to Gary to re-stake her claim on him. Yuki might be cured of her phobia by then but she probably won't be over her sense of entitlement.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

TheEighth wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:21 am
I'm taking suggestions for the choice of dramatic music to play as Gary walks away
How about Baker Street?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

That's a song about melancholy and failure. Gary doesn't seem to be light in his head and dead on his feet. He's more heading west on the sunny side of the street.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Spidrift, you hardcore poet, you. ^_^

You know, this could be character development for the whole comic. Has any character realized sex is not the be-all and end-all, refused a sexual opportunity and been happy about it before?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

There've been refusals, but not much happiness about them.

But this time, the possible sex was wrapped up in so much melodrama, with the real threat of damage to Gary's junk as a possible side-effect, that turning it down would hardly seem like a great accomplishment to anyone except Gary.
---------
Spidrift

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Take the person into account, though. Gary has been a doormat and a plaything to any woman who crooked her finger. From that perspective, this IS a big accomplishment.
Even with the melodrama, of which there has been no shortage.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Well now, it seems this spine-ful Gary is here to stay, for a while at least. Wonderful!

And looks like Tracy has left James back sa bhaile (that's Irish, by the way) and possibly left her relationship with him too! Just keeps getting better and better.

I love how James' only line to try and keep her in the room is the promise of an eventual BJ. I mean, that's what caused this whole debacle - you'd think he'd learn that's precisely the problem that's led up to all this, that if he'd just swallowed his issues and accepted the BJ she so obviously wanted to give him, all this idiocy could have been avoided. As such, it's so satisfying to see Tracy walk out on him, even if it's only temporary.
TheEighth wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:21 am
I'm taking suggestions for the choice of dramatic music to play as Gary walks away
How about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABXtWqmArUU

:P

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Zellgato

Post by Zellgato »

I have no reason that I can determine.. but somehow..
Yuki's plan of sex with matt, so she can have sex with Gary.. bothers me..
I guess its too similiar to that "neotare"? concept. or maybe its because she and he aren't working through the issues together and instead ran off to matt..
but it could also be matt himself. I just... kind of hate that guy.

So not sure how I personally would deal with a surprise Yuki coming back for Gary.
I almost feel like at this point, it's going to be Gary saying no, or walking in on yuki and matt (if that hasn't already happened) and just writing her off entirely on his dating list, and just friend list.
I'd be surprised if this doesn't result in Gary deciding sex makes his life too complicated and just goes purely single, no dating again, or limits sex to Peggy as Roomates with benefits, and just takes a few years to really "get to know Gary" and work on his career. Having found out what he likes him himself and what he wants to be. Kind of like when he took off for a trip? Only more planned and well thought out.

Which is kind of sad for me.. because I really adored Yuki and Gary as a couple long ago. Granted i also liked Kiley and Gary long ago for that brief instance. I like both pairings less so now though. (Kiley's case being her work-morality meter lately)

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

I think Tracey may just see Gary in a different light now!

Mordhaus

Post by Mordhaus »

He needs to change his last name to Newman.

https://youtu.be/lhkCsYAIYKM would be my suggested walking out song.
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite comic on the Internet.