Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

28-10-17 Thanks for the advice

Post by Giz »

Hogan

Re: 28-10-17 Thanks for the advice

Post by Hogan »

... and Gary takes the High Road out of there, still basking in the afterglow of his Spinegrowing, and apparently likes how it feels... :-)

TheEighth

Post by TheEighth »

I'm taking suggestions for the choice of dramatic music to play as Gary walks away
What's the big deal?~Misery from Ruby Gloom
Dakara Korosu/So I'll Kill You~Kei Munakata from Medaka Box
I Floop the Pig~ Finn from Adventure Time
Dangerously Cheesy!~ Chester Cheetah from Cheetos
What the Juice? ~Randy Cunningham from Randy Cunningham: Ninth Grade Ninja.
Groovy. ~ Ashley J. Williams from Evil Dead
Just let yourself go floppy.
For now this is your chance.
Pretend you have no bones
And do the Rubber Chicken Dance~ Cheese Sandwich from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I'm Appuhjack! Mowe appuh fwittuh?~ Baby Applejack from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
It's Taco Tuesday!~Sonata Dusk from Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks

Hogan

Post by Hogan »

Considering Gary's current high spirits... my suggestion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0FphcAh3T8 :D

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Largely a body language-based update, which is totally fine. I like how it showed Gary with a confident stride, yet his posture isn't great, thus indicating he has finally grown some backbone but is still a fairly awkward person - which I'm okay with, as long as his found nerve doesn't suddenly vanish in possible later sexual "invitations."
Tracy's confusion was nicely captured, too; one might think she would appear more annoyed considering her plan completely collapsing, although since her problems are largely due to misdirection, a look of confusion seems appropriate.
As annoying as Gary - or rather his frequent passivity and impotent whining - can be, after finally taking some solid advice to heart, he has more or less earned that look up at the sky in the final panel. I wonder if or when this development of some actual confidence will have relevance in the *main* story?
The side story driven by idiocy did drag on a bit - especially considering it is the umpteenth time such a plot has been used - and therefore could've been pared back a bit, however, the hoped for subversion was a huge welcome, so not a total pain after all. It was a decent pay-off for Gary to escape Tracy's misguided scheme by remembering her own advice to him.

SailorDh

Post by SailorDh »

Superman : What was that?
Batman: That was Gary doing a Saturday night fever strut...

Mackus

Post by Mackus »

"Doctors baffled as man without spine walk with his head high"

LarsenSan

Post by LarsenSan »

Who else loves Gary's expression in panel 3?

Mackus

Post by Mackus »

1st panel is good one too.
"Help, my gf wants to give me BJ!"
First world problems.

JoeNobody

Post by JoeNobody »

Who the hell EVER thought we could use "Gary" and "LIKE A BOSS" in the same sentence?

Hogan

Post by Hogan »

Also, kudos to Tracy for actually following and following up on Gary after he left, you dont see that much :)

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Hogan wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:26 am
Considering Gary's current high spirits... my suggestion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0FphcAh3T8 :D
That was exactly what I had in mind. Well done!

While I am very curious about what Tracy was going to have to say to Gary, I approve of how Gary handled the situation. He made his point and wasn't a dick about it. He was his stereotypical polite nice guy, although I could have easily seen him do a quick turnabout just to face Tracy while saying what he did... for eye contact's sake... then turn right back around and boogie-on down the road. I'd be willing to bet she was going to finish where she left off with Gary (back at her place?), as she was apparently impressed by his exit. Although, I think she was still wanting to do her BJ for her own sense of self-worth rather than as some sort of apology for placing him in such an untenable situation. She was still oblivious that it was her advice Gary used to exit James's place.

While Tracy's advice giving is the one in the spotlight right now, I can't help but also remember the advice given to him to not slouch. Other than being prone and having to look up because of it, has Gary ever been shown in a similar pose? This has been a long time coming, either way. Gary needs to start looking out for Gary's needs, since not many others are going to do that for him. Although since this is a comedy and Gary is going to be new at this whole 'standing up' thing, I hope he doesn't become too much of a demanding douchebag and transform into some variation of...Image
this. He has some support behind him, namely his flatmates and Yuki. I don't think he will evolve so, but the pendulum has been pulled back as far as it will go, and now that it has been released, it is going to swing... simple physics, made more pointed due to this being a comedy.

James's parting words were just representative of how stupid he really is. Sorry, dude, but you've lost Tracy. And if Tracy goes back to James, then shame on her.

I wonder if they ever got to the chocolate cake? Shame for it to have gone to waste. 8-}
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Happy birthday, James! Enjoy your blue balls - you deserve them!

This strip makes me so happy - no only because Tracy walked out on her idiot boyfriend (please, make this a permanent decision!); but Gary didn't stop walking when Tracy followed after him. That look of bliss on Gary face in that last panel is almost glowing with self pride - it's fantastic!

Now, please - let Gary remember how great it felt to say no to a situation he wanted no part of and keep implementing it when the situation calls for it.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

mulrich88

Post by mulrich88 »

Advice? I'm equally confused.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

TheEighth wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:21 am
I'm taking suggestions for the choice of dramatic music to play as Gary walks away
This song comes to mind. ^_^;