26-10-17 What a man

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Maelphaxerazz

Re: 26-10-17 What a man

Post by Maelphaxerazz »

I think this strip goes to show that it is not a good idea to be outraged at the writing on a strip-to-strip basis. Last couple of strips made people mad, yet the unpleasantness of the situation was intentional, to make Gary's action more satisfying. The story works, it just needed to be seen as a whole to appreciate it. One of the pitfalls of reading a comic one strip at a time.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Gil Hamilton wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:13 pm
Ah man, look at Gary finally evolving into a chordate. Maybe he’ll go home and fuck Peggy too, to keep the spine train rolling.
Well, he's been doing that as well for a while, I think. It may have contributed to his evolution.

Hescotti

Post by Hescotti »

Thanks folks. Been waiting a while to see Gary start to stand up for himself.

Gil Hamilton

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Error of Logic wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:29 pm
Well, he's been doing that as well for a while, I think. It may have contributed to his evolution.
I’ve seen him be pegged, but not actually doing much in the way of actually using his good bits.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

The true test of Gary actually growing a spine is when Yuki inevitably barges back into his life. If he can say "no" to Yuki that will be true character development.

Odd Man Out

Post by Odd Man Out »

Gil Hamilton wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:48 pm
I’ve seen him be pegged, but not actually doing much in the way of actually using his good bits.
We've seen her give him oral sex and the positioning at the end of the orgy where she was between Matt and Gary indicated either anal or vaginal intercourse. The pegging just gets more attention because the authors seem to default to the joke.

SPAZwazza

Post by SPAZwazza »

Oh, Peggy gon get it.
Fun fact: "Subtext" is an anagram for "buttsex"

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:01 pm
See, it only took him less than a year to get where people wanted him :)
Approximately a year. Ma3 time isn’t well enough defined for us to be sure of exact values.
Itrogash wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:53 pm
Gary had a spine before. Well, personality anyway. He had his quirks, past experiences, nerd knowledge and sort of wits, like that time when Zii broke Megatron. It was somewhere after Paris arc when he was shoved aside in favor of other characters and became a background character that only speaks when talked to first and occasional butt of the joke in other people's arcs we now know.
Actually, we got a very large hint in the Paris trip story arc that the writers were deliberately making him totally spineless by then. “The perfect sub” and all that.
SPAZwazza wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:25 pm
Oh, Peggy gon get it.
Peggy was going off to work just before this date started. Odds are she’ll still be out when Gary gets home, or if not, she’ll be getting back knackered and disinclined to be bothered in any way.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

samtheman wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:54 pm
The true test of Gary actually growing a spine is when Yuki inevitably barges back into his life. If he can say "no" to Yuki that will be true character development.
I'm not sure I follow you: why would he need to say "no" to Yuki? She is one of the potential eligible females in his life who has actually honestly wanted him. Yes, she has her psycho-moments, but she has been working on that. She pines for him, and even took an interest in him being pegged (I don't know if she could go there... baby steps).
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:34 am
I can't imagine Peggy being turned on by signs of maturity.
I never said she had to be turned on for that reason alone, but rather when taken in context about it being Gary being vertebrate. She already finds him attractive and skilled enough, and even flashed him pre-shower as an encouragement. She might not take it as actually giving him a Milkbone for doing a good job; but, he might take it as such nonetheless... feeling empowered and all that. The endorphins from the sex-act helping to drive home the pleasure he's feeling about him being able to say "no."
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:34 am
And Tracy never struck me as disliking Gary; yes, she uses him somewhat...<snip>
She was neutral to warm with him, and manipulative, as I perceived her actions. Even when it came to the SGR train, she was more interested in his Framemeister (spelling, iirc). She is a tease, she knows she is a tease, and knows how to get what she wants from susceptible men. Agreed: they were both video game geeks of the same vein... my wish many strips ago was that the two of them could have built up on that and start some sort of romance. But James got in the way and Gary couldn't muster the courage, etc. It wasn't in the script, despite Tracy using Gary as her gimp/boy-toy in her hour of need for her web-show. I admit, it seemed strange of Tracy to share her man/James with Gary... not once but twice... but that was cleverly(?) disguised in Ma3 plot so I won't press that further... other than to say that perhaps Tracy thought of Gary as 'one of the girls' or maybe even 'that gay friend'... or terminally friendzoned.

Her advice - the very advice Gary just threw into her face - is not being underestimated by me... and by Tracy too apparently. It is great advice and kudos for Tracy to give it to him. Gary & Tracy did seem to be able to talk with one another, at least when Tracy was interested in listening. And she's no dummy. She's just headstrong, and eating a little humble pie might be just what she needs rather than insisting on giving James a blowjob.
lordoffiling wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:59 am
We are about to see Gary’s final form.
We must have fan art of Super Seiyan Gary now. It is a moral imperative.
LegendaryKroc wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:18 pm
Regardless of possibility I hold out hope that Tracy will not stick around.
I agree. Tracy will hopefully realize she has nothing but passionate sex in common with James (and they work at the same place). Her anger at James's temerity for demanding his b-day BJ, the fact that he seems pretty flamingly gay for Gary, and James's misguided and ignorant ideology are all excellent reasons for her have a coming to Jesus-level talk with James. I don't know how tenuous her internship is at the company, like, if her job might be in jeopardy if James try to get a reprisal against her if she breaks up with him.
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:16 pm
...{Peggy}’ll be getting back knackered and disinclined to be bothered in any way.
Sad but true, @Spidrift. Hopefully she will be able to fit Gary in, as it were. Maybe she will have been thinking of Gary's advance during her shift at the hospital and she's eager for it? Speculation either way. If she's too tired, there is always later.
Last edited by worldshaking00 on Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

True_Avery wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:22 pm
Also hello peoples - glad to see the debauchery never ends. Been semi-lurking mostly, occasionally skimming forums - been busy with school and my two girlfriends I'm in a real menage a 3 poly relationship with now thanks to becoming incredibly popular on a discord dedicated to yuri and lesbian media.
Welcome back, and congrats on the interesting love life.
worldshaking00 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:28 pm
I don't know how tenuous her internship is at the company, like, if her job might be in jeopardy if James try to get a reprisal against her if she breaks up with him.
James has his faults, but he doesn’t strike me as someone who’d be so tacky and slimy as to use any influence he has at work against an ex-girlfriend. He seems like someone who wants to think better of himself than that.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I only bring it up because he might also have image-related issues. Granted: we haven't seen much of his lifestyle apart from shagging Tracy. But I infer that he has displayed himself as a straight man. If he is Gay for Gary (as someone coined earlier) then that is one thing. If he is going to have a total life make-over, there might be complications (self-inflicted or otherwise). Eliminating a witness (or accessory to such) isn't out of the question. Tracy is nervous about her position there, and in her own image within the company too.

But I tend to agree with you that he normally doesn't seem like the type of guy to do that. Definitely not in Nathan's league. But, weird things can happen. He turned ugly really abruptly. Perhaps that is his true face and Tracy became enamored with his mask?
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

tityanya

Post by tityanya »

Gary has a spine?!

Jokes aside good job on Gary for finally standing up for himself. Hopefully he keeps up this trend!

Double post merged. The DAMNed

KittyHat

Post by KittyHat »

So Garybot's programming unexpectedly broke in this particular instance. It's undeniably surprising, but I will reserve judgment at this time as to whether this constitutes actual change and development or simply an isolated error caused by conflicting user input.

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

X3N0-Life-Form wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:16 pm
I mean, out of everything that happened to Gary, I'm pretty sure this right here is the most significant event in his life that we've witness. Not him getting devirginated, or joining the mile high club with a model, or learning & using a magical oral technique, certainly not banging DiDi, but this.
Finding that beautiful girls might be attracted to him -- and eager to have hot sex with him -- is way more important for his self-image and personal growth than this.

This is just the behavioral consequence of a long history of punishment. After being hurt many times, he's showing signs of reaction. It had to happen eventually.
Last edited by Vitocap on Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Thor

Post by Thor »

I'm commenting for the first time in a long time in honor of Gary's first encounter with his own backbone.

We salute you, sir!
PLEASE NOTE: I have sig display off in my preferences, so please don't assume that I can read yours. Thank you.