Giz
Site Admin

26-10-17 What a man

Post by Giz »

TheEighth

Re: 26-10-17 What a man

Post by TheEighth »

Ring Ring

Hello, this is TheEighth.....Ah hello Satan.....OK I'll be sure to tell them.....

hangs up

Satan needs some help getting the pilot lit, because HELL HAS FINALLY FROZEN OVER!!!!
What's the big deal?~Misery from Ruby Gloom
Dakara Korosu/So I'll Kill You~Kei Munakata from Medaka Box
I Floop the Pig~ Finn from Adventure Time
Dangerously Cheesy!~ Chester Cheetah from Cheetos
What the Juice? ~Randy Cunningham from Randy Cunningham: Ninth Grade Ninja.
Groovy. ~ Ashley J. Williams from Evil Dead
Just let yourself go floppy.
For now this is your chance.
Pretend you have no bones
And do the Rubber Chicken Dance~ Cheese Sandwich from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I'm Appuhjack! Mowe appuh fwittuh?~ Baby Applejack from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
It's Taco Tuesday!~Sonata Dusk from Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

YES! YES! FINALLY! THANK YOU SO MUCH! At last, the long night is finally over!

My only regret is that we had to wait this long to see Gary grow a spine. Well, that and we may not be there when Tracy goes nuclear on James' dumb ass!

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Anyone see a blue moon or pigs suddenly learning how to fly?!

Seriously though, I'm glad the subversion of the stupid plot actually seems to have happened; granted, it went longer than ideal, but at least we finally see some god damn character growth out of Gary. So, sexy times with Peggy now? Aha

Anyway, it appears as though James is either deep in the closet or is only gay for Gary (not an impossibility). Tracy's annoyed expression was amusing, although it further contributes to the degradation of her originally - relatively speaking - considerate persona. We might not be done with the dysfunctional couple, yet it is a relief that the dumb threesome was avoided... for now (to be cautious).

Brux

Post by Brux »

STOP THE PRESSES! Run this on the front page!

LOCAL SPINELESS MAN FINDS HIS BALLS AND BACKS OUT OF AN UNWANTED THREESOME

Pulitzer stuff, guys!
*slithers off to lurk some more*

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:52 am
YES! YES! FINALLY! THANK YOU SO MUCH! At last, the long night is finally over!

My only regret is that we had to wait this long to see Gary grow a spine. Well, that and we may not be there when Tracy goes nuclear on James' dumb ass!
Truth.
Though, Tracy going nuclear on James feels unlikely, since she seems to be deflecting the blame/responsibility for the problems of her relationship upon Gary; this is the second time (that I can recall) in which she tried to use Gary as a tool to *prove* her own sexual talents to her stupid boyfriend, only to have the latter become enticed by Gary instead. Her frustration is understandable, however, is really misguided.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yeah, if this messed-up plot was all working round to the moment when Gary actually experienced some ch*r*ct*r d*v*l*pm*nt, well, it could have been done better - annoyance value of this whole scene aside, we could have seen some of the process of Gary getting there - but I guess it's a development worth having. And the irony of Gary flashing back to some advice from Tracy herself was actually quite a nice touch.

The other question will be whether Gary's ch*r*ct*r d*v*l*pm*nt sticks at all, or whether he reverts back to hopeless-doormat-Gary the next time he's needed for a joke.

And I'm not sure what Tracy's expression in the very last insert image is meant to indicate; she may finally have twigged that her boyfriend is a closeted bisexual (which is pretty much 100% confirmed by his panel 4 dialogue), she may be about to explode at him about his straw feminism, or she may just be thinking "fuck it, waste not want not". If that ambiguity is deliberate, we may see at least a panel or two of their follow-up conversation on Saturday.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

sukebe senpai

Post by sukebe senpai »

Finally, Gary grew a pair! Also, James is stupid AND gay. As for Tracy... Well, um... Yeah. 'Nuff said.
FIRRIB

suranae

Post by suranae »

I have a feeling Gary is going to get either pegged or sexual hijinks at his expense when he gets back to the apartment.

sukebe senpai

Post by sukebe senpai »

Well, I think Peggin' Peggy will make it up for him, and I hope this'll lead to him and her getting closer together - and not just sexually.
FIRRIB

DocMesa

Post by DocMesa »

If this comic was an operating system, it would have just crashed harder than a copy of Microsoft Bob.

rakedan

Post by rakedan »

Gary finally grows a spine?! Who are you and what hae you done to the real Gary? :-o

And also, shut up, James.
An idiot on internet with memory problem.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I think that James needs to keep talking, really. He may be exposing himself to Tracy in more than one way.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

someone

Post by someone »

Gary grew his first vertebra! I'm so proud of him. Perhaps one day he will have a whole spine! :YMDAYDREAM:

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Well, that happened. 'Bout damn time too. Thanks, creative team, for not having Gary have to go through that torture.

I expect Gary's leaving the threesome to have ramifications back a work, one way or the other. Tracy never really liked Gary, more than she used him for her purposes. Generic helpful advice aside, she wanted - and got - more from their relationship. Enter James, who literally got everything he ever wanted out of Gary until now. Tracy goes to Gary for relationship advice, of all people. Makes me wonder what actually is in that cadeau. They can't help but to pass each other at work. Fun times. :-=

I expect Gary will tell Peggy of his strength of will and she will be turned on. Positive reinforcement sex ensues. Peggy & Gary's relationship develops, barring unforeseen* awkwardness.

*Gary's life is always awkward.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.