Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

JoybuzzerX

Re: 26-10-17 What a man

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:16 pm
JoybuzzerX wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:01 pm
See, it only took him less than a year to get where people wanted him :)
Approximately a year. Ma3 time isn’t well enough defined for us to be sure of exact values.
It could have been over a year for all I know, I was just joking, as in real time it's been over and I know many post as if the story has been done in real time. :p

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

KittyHat wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:27 am
So Garybot's programming unexpectedly broke in this particular instance. It's undeniably surprising, but I will reserve judgment at this time as to whether this constitutes actual change and development or simply an isolated error caused by conflicting user input.
This.
worldshaking00 wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:19 am
If he is Gay for Gary (as someone coined earlier) then that is one thing.
I think he is Gar for Gary. :p
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

Brux wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:00 am
STOP THE PRESSES! Run this on the front page!

LOCAL SPINELESS MAN FINDS HIS BALLS AND BACKS OUT OF AN UNWANTED THREESOME

Pulitzer stuff, guys!
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

EvilSnack

Post by EvilSnack »

rakedan wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:26 am
Gary finally grows a spine?! Who are you and what hae you done to the real Gary? :-o

And also, shut up, James.
My thoughts exactly.

The next episode should end with Gary contentedly lying with one of the non-crazy women he's been with.

CEOIII

Post by CEOIII »

EvilSnack wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:54 pm
The next episode should end with Gary contentedly lying with one of the non-crazy women he's been with.
So he should be alone?

YOU WERE ALL THINKING IT! *runs*

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:28 pm
She was neutral to warm with him, and manipulative, as I perceived her actions. Even when it came to the SGR train, she was more interested in his Framemeister (spelling, iirc).
She is considerate as well, she saw that Gary was being used for the SGR so much his jaw was compromised, and Eulice made it worse, what did Tracy do? she charmed Eulice and gave her a makeover in order to get Gary out of trouble, and she cured his lockjaw in a really fun way. Then and only then she borrowed the Framemeister. All things considered, borrowing it was nothing.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Tracy's certainly not mean, and she can evidently be fun to be around. She's just... I'll bet she's someone's kid sister. She's quite prone to resorting to minor acts of physical violence (because older siblings can't hit back and have to laugh that stuff off), she has a massive sense of entitlement in minor matters (spoilt youngest child syndrome), and she's happy to play on her cuteness (which in her case, to her good fortune, has matured into adult beauty).
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

X3N0-Life-Form

Post by X3N0-Life-Form »

Vitocap wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:47 am
X3N0-Life-Form wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:16 pm
I mean, out of everything that happened to Gary, I'm pretty sure this right here is the most significant event in his life that we've witness. Not him getting devirginated, or joining the mile high club with a model, or learning & using a magical oral technique, certainly not banging DiDi, but this.
Finding that beautiful girls might be attracted to him -- and eager to have hot sex with him -- is way more important for his self-image and personal growth than this.

This is just the behavioral consequence of a long history of punishment. After being hurt many times, he's showing signs of reaction. It had to happen eventually.
With pretty much anybody else, I would agree, but attracting beautiful women didn't seem to change him much. He didn't grow more confident, things just kept falling into his laps (or on his head) without much input on his part. He remained as awkard and thick as the plot demanded him to be in social situation or in his interactions with the ladies.

I agree that it had to happen at some point, but if the writers really wanted to explore his character, they would have done so a long time ago. With end of the comic coming, he simply outlived his usefulness as a plot device, so they can throw him a bone.

That being said, him saying "no" could also simply be the authors' way of hitting the "abort" button on this whole arc, then go back to the old status quo. Or maybe we've seen the grand total of final-episode-character-growth.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

We haven't seen Gary go through a second birthday and we know a few years of comics only equaled two months of comic time.

One year, could see some growth, but it would also see staying back as one still only really knows the last almost 30 years of suck :p

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

Spidrift wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:02 pm
Tracy's certainly not mean, and she can evidently be fun to be around. She's just... I'll bet she's someone's kid sister. She's quite prone to resorting to minor acts of physical violence (because older siblings can't hit back and have to laugh that stuff off), she has a massive sense of entitlement in minor matters (spoilt youngest child syndrome), and she's happy to play on her cuteness (which in her case, to her good fortune, has matured into adult beauty).
She's Ruby in disguise? :p
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy »

OK time to recheck who predicted right and who was off......
Fairy Glade's Fairy wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:55 pm
OllieOrOlly predicted: James would do the Gary bj himself to save Tracy from Gary's dick...
**COME TRUE!** Congrats to OllieOrOlly! :)
Error of Logic predicted: James & Tracy break up, then James starts romancing Gary as he claims Gary turned him gay

Vitocap predicted: same as Error of Logic, but James & Tracy will claim the breakup it's all Gary's fault and hate Gary forever
have to wait a little more to know for sure... for now you 2 are still running......
Fluffy predicted: also breakup, as Gary gives Tracy a sgr that blows her mind and then Tracy dumps James for Gary

Fereshte predicted: the 3some will work fine after some initial awkwardness and the 3 people involved will enjoy it lots
ah these ones didn't come true... sorry.....
(but the part about Tracy dumps James for Gary can still happen...)
sparky predicted: Tracy & James having rage sex on the floor, Gary walking out with a pout on his face

Spidrift predicted: story will stay dumb & moronic & stupid & stupid & more stupid (can't believe how much he used the word stupid) because G and D think they're funny but they're not..... and so he also predicts he will lose all reasons to read this comic...... which at this point I'm thinking is not a bad thing, as his endless stream of posts calling it all stupid is getting spammy......
these ones didn't come true either...
LegendaryKroc predicted: major bad ending for Gary, he will suffer lots but the other 2 will not even notice cause they will enjoy everything
another one that didn't come true but I'm not gonna say sorry cause I know LegendaryKroc is as happy as I am about that misprediction, LOL

I guess that's all... so for now we are waiting to see if Tracy kicks James's sorry ass to the curb, and if that happens then what happens after that... Error of Logic, Vitocap and Fluffy still can turn out to be at least part right! :)

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

We'll see. It's possible we'll be thrown a curveball, instead.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Spine, meet Gary ; Gary, meet your spine. :-bd

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:48 pm
We haven't seen Gary go through a second birthday and we know a few years of comics only equaled two months of comic time.
Honestly, I don’t think time in this comic is terribly well determined. I assume that Montreal winters are pretty damn wintery, but we’ve never seen any sign of snow on the ground, or characters wrapping up to go out. (Shame really. A well-cut greatcoat and pillbox hat is one get-up that would actually make DiDi look sexy rather than plastic.) We’ve never had a Christmas story set in the timeline present. Anyone’s best attempts to track time probably said 2-4 months had gone by since the first strip. And yet, going by Gary’s birthday, something approaching a year appears to have passed. I reckon that the date, like so much else, just adjusts to fit plot/joke convenience. Or to put it another way, the characters exist in an eternal late summer Now.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

WizzarTheRed

Post by WizzarTheRed »

I see that Gary finally found that spine donor. Good Show!