21-10-17 Sacred womanspace

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Error of Logic

Re: 21-10-17 Sacred womanspace

Post by Error of Logic »

Stephen King wrote a woman once who had something to say about putting women on pedestals. Paraphrased, she said it was just stupid and uncomfortable, and obliged a woman to pee herself because she couldn't get off the damn thing. "A woman doesn't want to be on a pedestal, a woman wants to drive."
(It makes sense in context.)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Personally, I'd just quote Imelda May.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

James needs to meet Yuki and not because the haters would just love to see her destroy him, but I actually think they'd make a good couple. His white male guilt and her phalophobic borderline misandry could be a perfect match.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I wouldn't wish him on Yuki, who for all her faults has been trying to get better -- and has a genuine trauma to explain her negative traits.
So far, James is just ... off.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I'm not a big fan of the portrayal of James, but we don't actually know a lot about him yet, and the writers seem to be hinting that he doesn't know a lot about himself. He does seem like the sort of person who'd make an honest (if clumsy) attempt to improve himself if his flaws were pointed out convincingly.

But putting him together with Yuki wouldn't seem wise. I can't imagine there'd be much chemistry, somehow, and the biggest thing that they have in common is a tendency to spout half-digested feminist jargon (essentially because they're both used for the "silly feminists, hur hur" joke); at best, if they got onto that subject, they'd smugly reinforce and enable each other, which wouldn't actually be good for either of them.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

BAHAHAAA. This comic gave me a lot of satisfaction. Having James being accused of "mansplaining" is like a kick into his post-modernist feminist nutsack...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)