Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Re: 21-10-17 Sacred womanspace

Post by Azrael »

samtheman wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:43 pm
And when Tracy is about to go down on Gary someone's cell phone will go off or the apartment's doorbell will start ringing.

Nonsense. No one uses doorbells in this "Verse. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Except Sonya

That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Exception that proves the rule.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

That just proves that doorbells should not be trusted.
Yet still, I live...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:38 pm
On TV Tropes, we call that the Rule of Funny. You folks have probably seen me mention it a few times.
As opposed to the other principle of comedy, of course.

But yes, jargon aside, Tracy’s logic is perfectly good here, and she could have used it to solve this little problem with James weeks ago. But that would have prevented this little idiot plot from being born.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

sparky

Post by sparky »

Who ties James' shoes for him? I can't imagine him being able to do that at this point. It's definitely not Teddi, is that comic also set in Montreal? Hmm, Chloe and James, two problems solved at once!

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

rogermart wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:08 pm
I think James' quasi-feminist brain just shortcircuited :))

And Gary is close to having a mind-blowing BJ from Tracy, with her system and all, and all he had to do was... Being Gary... Once again, why change when the environment pushes you not to...
That link made me sad.
We've been stuck with this frankly absurd arc for so long....

OldBrit

Post by OldBrit »

JackApostrophe wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:11 pm
How did Tracy never use this argument strategy to get James to demand she give him a BJ?
James is entitled to withhold consent for her to blow him, but what Tracy and Gary do together is not something that needs his consent.
That and rule of funny.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

But Tracy has now demonstrated that James's ludicrous straw feminist attitudes make it impossible for him to object to anything presented as a feminist act. So Tracy could have used that to get him to consent weeks ago.

Except that James wasn't a ludicrous straw feminist weeks ago. He was an eloquent romantic who thought that games with jiggle physics were annoying. Sadly, having become a recurring Ma3 character, he's suffered the traditional thirty-point IQ loss, and turned into an idiot.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

And yet, now that she's exposed James' viewpoint for being the BS that it is, instead of using her victory as a means to convince James to finally let her blow him - and possibly putting an end to this ridiculous threesome - Tracy will still go down on Gary and keep this infuriating setup going because funny? :|
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

suranae

Post by suranae »

Gotta show off that range of art skill somehow & someway.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Fluffy wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:18 am
And yet, now that she's exposed James' viewpoint for being the BS that it is, instead of using her victory as a means to convince James to finally let her blow him - and possibly putting an end to this ridiculous threesome - Tracy will still go down on Gary and keep this infuriating setup going because funny? :|
It’s been an idiot plot all along. Don’t expect logic now.

(And at this point, Tracy’s idiocy is that she thinks the way to persuade James to change his mind is to advertise to him how great her oral skills are. But his reason for turning them down isn’t and has never been that he wouldn’t enjoy them; it’s that it’d demean her. But she’s just proved that he can’t say that, by his own logic... Oh, never mind; idiot plot.)
---------
Spidrift

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

suranae wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:58 am
If Tracy used her brains she would have tried a variant of this ploy earlier w/o Gary.
She may have and James just wouldn't cooperate without another male. Or since this is a threesome he may be more open for the guest.
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

Malmedee

Post by Malmedee »

I hate you so much James, I didn't think I could hate you more than I used to, but I do. At least Tracey's reconstruction is working, kinda like Peggy's. They are moving up in my list.

KittyHat

Post by KittyHat »

Well, to be fair, James -- like Gary -- isn't a character at all. He's an archetype. Specifically, he's every right wingnut's strawman fantasy of what feminism is, along with virtually every actual extremist feminist, all rolled into one intolerable individual. In fact, I'm honestly a little bit amazed that he somehow manages to believe that he can have sex at all with a woman without it being rape!

While they're both similar in the sense that they're utterly one-dimensional and not really characters at all, Gary is at least merely pathetic. He makes you want to facepalm. By contrast, James is more aggressively, actively irritating. He makes you want to pitch him off of the nearest available cliff.