14-10-17 The only real present

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Error of Logic

Re: 14-10-17 The only real present

Post by Error of Logic »

Been a while since a comic gave me the cold shudders.... and that was one of the body horror-scenes in Accursed Dragon involving Allone.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Jackass Mask wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:03 am
Okay, Tracy, it's time to have a talk about your boyfriend and boundary issues of just putting your finger in someone's mouth. Major creep factor.
Far as Jimmy-boy there knows, Gary explicitly and enthusiastically requested to suckle his schmuckle before, and is now demanding to drive him up the hershey highway. I think he can be forgiven for being a little overly familiar with the boy, considering the circumstances.
Yet still, I live...

SailorDh

Post by SailorDh »

When did Dillon get a twin brother?

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

The grapefruit in the box thing was my first reaction as well.
'J' wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:21 am
Far as Jimmy-boy there knows, Gary explicitly and enthusiastically requested to suckle his schmuckle before, and is now demanding to drive him up the hershey highway. I think he can be forgiven for being a little overly familiar with the boy, considering the circumstances.
This.

Double post merged. The DAMNed
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Quite so. Far as James knows, he's had very intimate contact with Gary before, and is about to have more again; a little bit of touchy-feeliness on his part really isn't the weirdest part of this scene.

Anyhow, I'm really not inclined to guess how this scene is going to go, or to worry much about others' guesses. Ma3 tends to the occasional implausible dramatic left turns at the best of times, and these are not the best of times; we're in the middle of an idiot plot, so all I'll even tentatively predict is more idiocy, probably completely out of the blue and changing things round entirely.

(But Tracy and James' relationship in general doesn't strike me as weird, given that we clearly only really see the stupid weird bits. The sex is evidently mostly very good indeed, they share some interests, and even when they disagree violently about those interests, they enjoy the argument sex - which does bemuse me a little, because argument sex has limited charms for me, but each to their own. They're both cute and good-natured. If they were the protagonists of a half-decent plot - say, a dramatic bit where Tracy came clean about her second job and James came to terms with it - that could actually be quite fun. It's a shame that their only job in the comic is to drive scenes built on Gary's stupidity.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Given their earlier argument when it came to the sexualization of women in video games - with him seeing it as demeaning to women and Tracy seeing it as empowering - it's more than probable that James would dump Tracy on the spot if she came clean about her webcam girl side job.

I mean, how could his independent, sexy girlfriend want to present herself as an independent, sexy fantasy girl for profit? Why, it's virtually prostitution! ( of course, it isn't - that's probably just how James would see it; hence why Tracy stays quite about it).
JoybuzzerX wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:19 am
worldshaking00 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:30 am
Anyone notice that the gift box Gary is holding is about the size of a large grapefruit?

If it is a grapefruit and he uses it again, I will eat my hat.
It was my first thought. He gives him the grapefruit and tells him how that was the real BJ giver :)

If only Gary were so cruelly clever!
Jackass Mask wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:03 am
Okay, Tracy, it's time to have a talk about your boyfriend and boundary issues of just putting your finger in someone's mouth. Major creep factor.
I think the real question she needs to address to him is why - after getting his BJ cherry popped (one of his excuses why he wouldn't let her give him on i the first place) - he still refuses to let his more than willing girlfriend go down on him. She's obviously annoyed by this - so why not drag the cat out of the bag, already?
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

sukebe senpai

Post by sukebe senpai »

You guys got it all wrong. James is completely heterosexual. Like Ted Haggard.
FIRRIB

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

You might think that James discovering Tracy's second job would be terminal for their relationship. But then, you might have thought that their little disagreement about Extreme Beach Volleyball would have put a crimp in it right back at the start. Instead, arguing about objectification actually turned them both on.

It's apparently a relationship that can thrive on that kind of contrast; they're two people who are very prepared to push their opinions, and who both actually like it when the other person pushes back - a lot. Which may be why James is a better fit for Tracy than Gary will ever be.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Obviously, Dillon, er, I mean James, admires Gary for his eloquence. Or else, why would he point to his mouth like that?
:p

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Spidrift wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:51 pm
You might think that James discovering Tracy's second job would be terminal for their relationship. But then, you might have thought that their little disagreement about Extreme Beach Volleyball would have put a crimp in it right back at the start. Instead, arguing about objectification actually turned them both on.
But was the issue resolved? I have my doubts - as I think if James understood that Tracy is perfectly fine being seen as a sexual object, he'd be more inclined to let her blow him; especially when she boasts about her skills in that department. Instead, he still stubbornly refuses to let her go down on him - adding insult to injury by insisting that Gary is the only one who can blow him.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

If the issue is unresolved, they still have conflict. If they still have conflict, they still have scope for that hot argument sex.

(Okay, I’m guessing here. And James’ specific oral hang-up does make him look kind of silly. But if you assume that they’re two people who like arguing — James because he’s a bit self-righteous and likes to make a point, Tracy because she sometimes has the temper of a petulant toddler and has to exercise it — then their working relationship makes a kind of sense, and resolving things would be as bad for them as it was for Yuki and Sonya. And in another way, two people who can agree to differ about stuff is exceptionally mature by Ma3 standards.)
---------
Spidrift

Eleithrit

Post by Eleithrit »

Slow down there, Harvey Weinstein. I mean, James.

Antinerd

Post by Antinerd »

You know a lot of straight guys have sex with other guys just for the experience and the fun of it, right? Just check out craigslist sometime. So I don't think Gary is really in all that bad of a situation even though he might rather have avoided it. And he showed up so he can't be that much against it.

There is something to be said for getting pleasure out of someone using your body for pleasure.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Vitocap wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:30 am
Hey Dillon, long time no s... oh wait, that's not Dillon in panel 4, that's James. The face he's making really fooled me for a moment.
Me too. My mind jumped ahead of the words and I thought he was paying him a visit to get some advice. I'm still eager for Sticky Dilly Buns to return.

And seriously James behavior isn't creepy considering he believes Gary gave him oral sex and is now back for anal. He may not be his lover, but why should some display of affection be a problem for someone he will be getting intimate with?

Fereshte

Post by Fereshte »

I’m still going with the idea that Gary wants this on some level. He’s curious or intrigued. He “doesn’t want to disappoint him”, him being James, but there’s no reason for him to care one way or the other about James. I think Gary hasn’t said no because on some tiny level, Gary doesn’t want to say no. I’m not sure he’ll actually give James the bj he wants, but I easily can see Gary giving him anal (perhaps while Tracey finally gets to give th job she’s been dying to give?). I’m hoping Gary will enjoy this and it will cause a small identity crisis as he comes to terms with his sexuality.

And I also agree James isn’t acting weird at all. He thinks Gary is here for a threesome and to do something both he and Gary enjoy. He’s being playful, which lots of people do at the start of a sexual encounter with a past sexual partner (of sorts).