12-10-17 Performance anxiety

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

OllieOrOlly

Re: 12-10-17 Performance anxiety

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Love Peggy! Willing to be a spine by proxy and is generous in more ways than one. Though, I guess even she cannot fight against terminal butt monkey syndrome. Honestly, I didn't have sympathy for Gary, but at least pitied him a bit, yet now... I think it is maybe the added annoyance of him whinging, then still doing the thing he was complaining about in spite of being provided very solid support for an exit. It was arguably tolerable that his crippling anxiety prevented him from saying no, but it is simply frustrating that he seems to want to do the possibly unpleasant task just so he can have something to bitch about.

Awesome art again. Really felt the energy with Peggy's stern aura, then her steam being somewhat derailed by Gary's exhausting self-victimising, and finally a lovely sense of sultriness in the last panel. :)

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Damn it.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Sorry to harp on, perhaps beating the dead horse as it were:
Even though Gary is spineless, it doesn't seem valid to bring James into his *argument* to prevent Peggy from helping him avoid butt stuff and possibly the misguided threesome, too. He isn't good friends with James, nor is obliged to do anything because "it is his Birthday"; perhaps Gary is soft on Tracy, but it is ridiculous that he is apparently coercing himself into following through on a misfired gambit (i.e. he only brought up anal as a way to say no without saying no, but his "terms" were accepted instead).
I guess any answer would fall along the lines of "it is in Gary's character to be so spineless/self-victimising/etc." but if there is a point that being *too faithful* to character is a thing, it seems to be the case with him.
Well, guess we'll have to wait and see how it pans out; although, I will give credit that we actually got to see a sane person attempt to prevent idiocy, instead of merely running full-stupid all the way.

Udyr

Post by Udyr »

He cant get himself to admit he doesnt want it even in front of his friends :-o And every time Peggy tries to be logical with him, he makes excuses. It makes me think Gary actually wants this. If not, why would anyone actually say all of this?
Gary is probably curious- making this not really a problem since he consent to it. Not for him, that is....
eeeek!

Linnah

Post by Linnah »

Oh man I can't wait to see what'll happen once Gary actually goes on this threesome. It'd be pretty funny if he tries turning the lights off and pulling the Grapefruit façade yet again. Bonus points if they turn on the lights midway and catch Gary in the act.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Udyr wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:30 am
He cant get himself to admit he doesnt want it even in front of his friends :-o And every time Peggy tries to be logical with him, he makes excuses. It makes me think Gary actually wants this. If not, why would anyone actually say all of this?
Gary is probably curious- making this not really a problem since he consent to it. Not for him, that is....
I don’t read this as curiosity. I might just believe that it’s unconscious masochism.

(And yes, the art with Peggy is great.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

TheFoolishOne

Post by TheFoolishOne »

Fairy Glade's Fairy wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:30 am
worldshaking00 wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:07 am
I especially like her implication of promises of things to come between them. Peggy is flirtatious, but I feel that there is something more than just 'friends with benefits' building up between the two of them.
YES
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

I'll devoutly pray for this, and hope your words are words of oracle. :ympray:
I also agree :), Loved that flirtatious 'not before work' like the maybe later :)

Quote fixed. The DAMNed

Quinlan1973

Post by Quinlan1973 »

Peggy in panel 3 is pretty much a large portion if not a majority of this strip's readership when it comes to Gary.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

They were actually communicating, then Gary had to go and leave out that he only even suggested anal in an attempt to scare James away!

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy »

Vitocap wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:04 am
Blowjob, everyone. James wants a blowjob from Gary. Tracy negotiated the details, and it was agreed that Gary will blow James if James lets Gary do him up the ass. The "anal destruction" of James is supposed to be Gary's reward. If Gary forfeits his reward, hey, that's his right, Tracy and James won't really care. But the blowjob deal will still stand.

The blowjob is the one thing Gary should be worrying about, not the anal sex. This time, it's a bona fide threesome: Tracy won't leave the room and James will refuse to cover his eyes. What will our hapless hero do when they tell him to get down on his knees and start blowing?
I am starting to suspect that Gary will do it... that he will give James a bj for realz, and it will be another step in his journey of sexual findings......
I mean he's already ok with so many things, like getting bjs from guys, peeping on gay sex, boinking transexuals in the butt, being ass-fucked by girls with strapons, so it's like there isn't much left to learn... giving head to a man looks like the next step... and after that being actual bottom for a real man perhaps?

Swiftwinged Doom

Post by Swiftwinged Doom »

Good God, at this point they may as well just kill the poor bastard. They've made it abundantly clear he doesn't truly exist as a character and only as a device for them to humiliate. Reincarnation into a slug would be a step up
Proudly broadcasting from Flint MI. The first city in North America to fight crime with Urban Blight.

Fereshte

Post by Fereshte »

From this strip, I got the feeling that Gary...sort of wants this. Why would he care if he disappoints James? He’s not friends with him and lately, I haven’t been getting the vibe that he wants Tracey all that much. I mean, he does, but not as much as he did (before Peggy, who is turning into something much more solid and sane for him). I think Gary kind of wants to do this—and this is the only way to allow himself to try this. So he’s sort of lying to himself when he says he doesn’t want to do it. I think if it happens, he might actually enjoy himself. I’d like to see that. I’d like to see Gary try something new and find genuine pleasure in it, even if it wasn’t something he expected. I think Gary is leaning a little more bi than he thinks he is.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

*sigh* What did we do to deserve this? What horrific, harrowing atrocities did we inflict upon mankind in horrendous past lives to deserve this dumb storyline? Someone tell me, because I'm having trouble picturing what exactly would merit this storyline as a sane, proportionate response.

You know what the Bad Webcomic Wiki has to say about this work? Among other things, they basically accuse Giz of being a pandering hack with no imagination who is only doing this thing to get a committed audience and not have to work hard for a living. I don't know whose arse they pulled that out of because I don't remember anyone begging and pleading for this nonsense. And while I generally don't agree with a lot in that particular review, I am forced to agree with one thing: "The premise for every adventure, [e]specially Didi's, is that of the characters having the conversational skills of a 4 year-old." And it's getting old, man. I would have been happier if we'd never gone back to Tracy and Jim, Jake or whatever his name is, but alas, I don't write this thing.
Last edited by LegendaryKroc on Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

There. there. It'll (apparently) all be over fairly soon. Probably.

I must admit, what I'd really love to see is a comic with Giz art, Ma3 levels of relaxation about sexual themes, but an editor who could hit the writer with a stick every time they tried an idiot plot.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

:-w X( *Throws up hands in frustration* That's it. There's only one explanation here that makes any sort of sense, at least to me.

Gary is gay. Or at least bi, and is in denial about it.

NO 100% cis/hetero guy would agree to blow another guy, or do him up the butt, I don't care how much of a jellyfish he may be. Sure, said guy may enjoy pegging, but NOT being the PEGGER. Nope, Gary has to be at least bi, and I think that's what this arc is building towards, him discovering this about himself.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard