11-10-17 Off limits

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Spidrift

Re: 11-10-17 Off limits

Post by Spidrift »

I have no problem believing that Peggy isn’t actually interested in a serious relationship just now. She’s not very long out of one, which ended a bit badly, so she may still be decompressing, and she’s got a busy, high-stress job, and building a relationship takes work and a bit of energy which she may not be able to afford.

What she actually needs is a sane platonic flatmate. Or, failing that, an entertaining one like Sonya.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I do. In the RPGs I play as well as in TV shows I watch, I have be accused of thinking too much ahead and not just enjoying the show as it unfolds. I tend to proselytize as well, and that definitely comes off in my writing. Sorry, but I am imaginative, especially when it involves subject matter I enjoy a lot. :)
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

samtheman wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:48 pm
This strip is yet another reason why I want Gary to end up with Peggy.
aw, come on. what did the poor woman ever do to deserve a punishment like that?
Yet still, I live...

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Heaven forbid that Gary end up with a sane and sensible woman like Peggy. But Gary is probably still going to end up with Yuki anyway so my opinion is ultimately irrelevant.

As for what happens next, I think Gary will borrow a strap-on from Peggy and use a blindfold on James again then use the strap-on to peg James. As for giving James a BJ, Gary will just do the grapefruit trick again or have Tracy step in and give James one while he's still blindfolded.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Spidrift wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:46 pm
I have no problem believing that Peggy isn’t actually interested in a serious relationship just now. She’s not very long out of one, which ended a bit badly, so she may still be decompressing, and she’s got a busy, high-stress job, and building a relationship takes work and a bit of energy which she may not be able to afford.
They say that being in a relationship helps to share the burden. While there is work to initially put into it, if you find the right one for you they help share the rest of life's burdens and overall decrease stress. I am sure Peggy is wise enough to know that. So I am leaning more towards the stress relief factor for the meantime, and general ease of getting her booty calls filled. Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free.
What she actually needs is a sane platonic flatmate.
Gary is usually quite sane, to the point of boredom. Nerdy and geeky are both apt. It is the others in his life that drag him into their hijinks that make him interesting, for the most part. I think he's done well for himself overall, but he has a long way to go still. The 'platonic' part, however, is rare in Montreal apparently. Her nurse friend from work seems to fill that role a little bit, or maybe she is just the nurse's equivalent of an office 'water cooler buddy'.
Or, failing that, an entertaining one like Sonya.
Hijinks and homelessness aside, yes, Sonya and her went well together. It took Zii's influence/addition to get her out of Sonya's place, and as a bonus for us readers, into Gary's apartment. I don't have any regrets over that arrangement, other than how Didi & Zii's new love affair are going to muddy the apartment's politics.

It is too late in the strip to introduce a new character, I feel, that would be a perfect nerd-counterpart to Gary. As I mentioned in a previous post a long while back, there is a serious shortage of available female nerds in Montreal so Gary will have to 'make' his perfect female Pygmalion-style. Zii and Didi aren't interested in Transformers or comics (apart from Zii's yaoi fetish). Tracy has serious nerd cred, but isn't available nor has she shown interest in Gary that way. Yuki is still lurking, but not out of the running since she is the closest thing Gary has to a female who shares his interests and likes him. That leaves Peggy. She likes comic book movies. She enjoys sexy cosplaying. Perhaps Gary can impress her with his knowledge and have a date night watching the origins behind one of their cosplay character duos? Maybe she'll actually enjoy it. Or maybe in a really bizarre twist, Gary and Roxie meet and have a moment (she did dress up as a princess for her lover before, if one recalls, so there might be some closet otaku-thing going on with her and frankly that is the only good way I can see tying the wrestling arc with the rest of the main cast in a meaningful way.).
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yuki seems to have quite genuine feelings for Gary, and has put actual effort into making herself capable of a relationship with him. He likes her a lot for what she represents. But together, they’d collapse into a black hole of empty nerdishness.

Zii has evidently become more fond of Gary than she wants too admit, and he admires her, but he’s too geeky for her to find him entirely satisfying, and anyway she has a persistent Sapphic itch that needs regular scratching.

Yuki and Zii worked together in the past, but were too airless and suffocating as a couple.

So if I had to bet, it’d be on those three as a final trio, each supplying part of what each of the others needs.

As for the next half-dozen strips — no bets. The Tracy/Gary stories are too habitually stupid to try to predict.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

I ship Peggy. Not with anyone per se...

Just Peggy.

^:)^

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I agree that Yuki has genuine feelings for Gary. The bonus "what if..." strip where they were married was one of my favorites. When she queried Gary over getting pegged and he told her he enjoyed it, that might have gotten the hamsters inside Yuki's head fired up. But baby steps first: accept penises before pretending to have one. Peggy is approachable, despite her being one of her rivals for Gary's affection. I think (I hope?) that those three are going to have some good times ahead.

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy »

I'm sure nobody suggested this before, so here goes...

Tracy felt confident asking Gary for a Gary/James/herself 3some cuz Gary has in the past always agreed to do kinky things with them... bj with James, sexcam show with Tracy... so why not a 3some now, he has no grounds to refuse, right? and even more cuz this time it' s a birthday gift for James his friend, and he wouldn't refuse a friend on their birthday, right??

Tracy had a good case, but there was an obvious way, for Gary, to get out of it without hurting anyone's feelings: claim things have changed now cuz he's seriously dating someone, it's really reeeally serious, and he's a 100% faithful man who never cheats on her gf!

of course when asked about the 'serious gf' he would say 'her name's Peggy and we're living together' which it would be very easy to confirm... Peggy certainly would agree to pretend to be his official gf instead of just a sex friend, cuz it's for the right cause: help him get out of trouble without offending his friends......

and then, lol, this could even lead to a development where the two like the pretending so much that Gary/Peggy becomes canon otp! :D

I wonder if it's still possible? there's still time... Peggy could still instruct Gary to call James & Tracy and tell them 'sorry, my gf Peggy says we hafta be exclusive and she vetoes your 3some birthday gift!'
...next strip, perhaps?

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

While that has some merit, it doesn't groove with Peggy's timeline too much as well as her insistence that Gary say "No butt!" She has a shower to take and a shift at the hospital to get to, so she couldn't attend even if she wanted to... at least without jeopardizing her job. And as she said, "No" isn't excluded from his vocabulary. I feel that Gary is going to have just enough courage to tell them (or just Tracy) no, or barring that, find a way to not do the anal destruction personally himself (borrow the Black Stallion while she's in the shower or convince Tracy to do it for him once she confides in her that he isn't that way sexually - saying "no" to her doesn't mean not saying "yes" to the entire threesome concept as long as there are modifications). I mean, it is a coworker's birthday & there is supposed to be cake there... no need to be rude. :))

SailorDh

Post by SailorDh »

Why do I have a feeling Zii overheard all that and will be up a tree with a camera later?

brasca

Post by brasca »

'J' wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:07 pm
samtheman wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:48 pm
This strip is yet another reason why I want Gary to end up with Peggy.
aw, come on. what did the poor woman ever do to deserve a punishment like that?
Gary is willing to experiment so that puts him light years ahead of her former fiance. And he's good at one really important thing that was ultimately the deal breaker in that relationship.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Gary may come up with some wacky plan(TM) to get out of this, but after what Peggy just said, she’s unlikely to enable it. Her whole point is that he needs to learn to just say “No”.

And we have to assume that Peggy’s past relationship with Jim was originally based on some kind of emotional compatibility. She’s a serious person and that was a serious relationship. It clearly died for a bunch of reasons including sexual incompatibility, but that doesn’t mean she going to rebound into a long-term thing with a nice but hopelessly dorky guy just because he indulges her little kinks.
---------
Spidrift

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Doesn't it, though? This is still Ma3....

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:11 am
While that has some merit, it doesn't groove with Peggy's timeline too much as well as her insistence that Gary say "No butt!" She has a shower to take and a shift at the hospital to get to, so she couldn't attend even if she wanted to... at least without jeopardizing her job.
attend what? the whole point is, the 3some is cancelled, Gary gets away scot free, and never again he has to indulge James & Tracy and their kinky ideas!

and that's cuz, this is his excuse, he has now a gf who is into monogamy and expects them to be exclusive and only do each other... she doesn't allow no sleeping around, neither him nor her... I think I was pretty clear this time... 'sorry, I already have someone' is the oldest excuse in the book to reject unwanted advances w/o hurting any feelings, and it's the one Gary should use for these problems in these cases......

'no, cuz I say so!' or 'no, cuz hell I don't wanna do you!' may sound cool and assertive to yourself but the one at the receiving end will feel hurt; if they are close to you and you wanna avoid bad vibes it's better to go with the innocent excuse...