Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

11-10-17 Off limits

Post by Giz »

Hogan

Re: 11-10-17 Off limits

Post by Hogan »

... where Peggy once again demonstrates how she is one of the most sane of the m3crew... ^:)^

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Welcome back from the convention! I hope it was enjoyable and there won't be any of the usual illnesses caused by such public experiences.

Haha! Oh, thank goodness for Peggy, she's a welcome voice of reason. Whether spineless will take on the simple advice is another thing, but at least she brought up the simple fact that one can refuse doing something if they really don't want to do it.
Quite enjoy the candid nature of their friendship, and Peggy is just so chill. Especially compared to Gary's other relationships (romantic, platonic, or with benefits), Peggy is a far more considerate person, and in spite of her "demands," she at least takes other people's feelings into account.
Here's hoping that this is the set-up to a subversion of the dumb-dumb subplot (not calling it stupid per se, however, as others have noted, it can only continue if idiocy reigns).

I'm still wondering about how the "oh-so-loving" couple of Zii and DiDi are handling - or probably not handling - the fallout of their reality checks.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

You see this woman here, Gary; this is what a real grown-up looks like.
Yet still, I live...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

One does wonder if this is the first person who's ever said this to Gary. It's also notable that this is the second strip in succession where Gary has actually had to acknowledge his own feebleness. It seems a bit late to be throwing this sort of sanity into the mix, but perhaps this is a way of setting up some kind of end game for the comic.

One also notes that Peggy is still living in the primary apartment - presumably Zii and DiDi are sharing the latter's room. One might have expected Peggy to go back to Sonya's place, if only to offer her friend company during a low time, but perhaps Sonya is pulling an "I need to be alone for a while".
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

christopheftw

Post by christopheftw »

Peggy is such a wrecking ball of sanity and normalcy. ❤️

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

If Peggy is still living in the apartment, where is Zii staying?

Patton
Location: Terran Empire, California Province, Earldom of Orange

Post by Patton »

Panel four made me realize that the ‘What What’ meme is over a decade old. #-o
The antediluvian kings colonized the world
All the Gods who play in the mythological dramas
In all legends from all lands were from far Atlantis

Donovan, Atlantis (1968)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Cortez wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:35 am
If Peggy is still living in the apartment, where is Zii staying?
In DiDi's bedroom and bed, I assume. Which may accelerate any problems with that relationship; if it's built on lust rather than genuine emotional connection,* and DiDi is her usual demanding self, a Zii who can't escape for some peace and quiet is likely to be getting stressed out quite soon. And if Zii's conscience is itching a bit, having Peggy looking cold at her over breakfast is going to notice.

*I cracked and picked up the volume 8 collection on PDF yesterday, and noticed one small thing on the Cast page; DiDi is described as needing "love or infatuation for orgasm", and as not fully understanding this. In other words, the writers seem clear that DiDi's "emotional connections" aren't as deep or "real" as she wants to think.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

uzivatel

Post by uzivatel »

But there is going to be a cake ... just borrow a strap-on - Peggy should have a nice collection.
Spidrift wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:37 am
One also notes that Peggy is still living in the primary apartment - presumably Zii and DiDi are sharing the latter's room. One might have expected Peggy to go back to Sonya's place, if only to offer her friend company during a low time, but perhaps Sonya is pulling an "I need to be alone for a while".
They may be friends, she may visit, but moving to Sonyas place sounds bit extreme.
Sonya has about one bed and one sofa (and floor). The couch is not that great to sleep on and even the bed is far from perfect. Peggy moved in because her situation was complicated at the time, but she seems pretty happy sleeping in her own bedroom.

Anyway, Sonya and Peggy seem like good friends ... except without the benefits - cant have that in MA3 universe, right? :ymdevil:

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Patton wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:55 am
Panel four made me realize that the ‘What What’ meme is over a decade old. #-o
Ugh! I was going to post a link to the video! I didn't realise it was that old! Man, does time fly!

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

uzivatel wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:12 am
They may be friends, she may visit, but moving to Sonyas place sounds bit extreme.
Well, she did live there for weeks or months - so suggesting a reversion to that hardly sounds "extreme". But...
uzivatel wrote:
Sonya has about one bed and one sofa (and floor). The couch is not that great to sleep on and even the bed is far from perfect. Peggy moved in because her situation was complicated at the time, but she seems pretty happy sleeping in her own bedroom.
...You're right; Peggy has a real personal incentive to stick to a place with a bed. One does wonder if she's been in touch with Sonya, though, because...
uzivatel wrote:
Anyway, Sonya and Peggy seem like good friends ... except without the benefits - cant have that in MA3 universe, right?
...Yep, they're actual friends. It's one of the odder but sweeter relationships in the Ma3 universe, in fact. It started out as a drink-fueled accident, but now they seem to just like hanging out together. It seems that Peggy enjoys watching Sonya's life, because it brings the drama (even without Sonya's efforts) and gives her an imaginative outlet to compensate for the stress and seriousness of her job, while she presumably provides Sonya with some kind of bedrock of sanity.

So I hope that Peggy remembered that well enough to at least give Sonya a call and say "You okay girl?"
---------
Spidrift

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Finally someone tells him that yes, he can say no to things he doesn't want to do! Flipping finally! This strip comes as a great relief. I just hope he takes the sage advice and cancels the three-way of stupidity.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

It’s Gary. He’s not only spineless, he’s a screw-up. Even if he tries to call things off, he’ll just mess the process up, “hilariously”. Still, baby steps.
---------
Spidrift

suranae

Post by suranae »

Or they'll refuse to take no for an answer & guilt trip him into it by accident.